The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Party at the Royal Yacht Britannia and banquet at the palace Hoolyrood: missing four days for the second royal wedding of the year
Zara Phillips, Mike Tindall, boda real inglesa

Google Google Translate

Old 07-27-2011, 06:37 AM
Courtier

As an 'outsider' forgive me for saying that IMO the BRF is not handling this wedding very well in PR- terms! Zara Philips may not be a royal, she may not be on the civil list, she may not 'owe' anything particular to the British general public and yet: She's HM's second grand child; she's been in the public eye as long as I can remember! From my vantage point she appears to be well like by the Brits and she has a few merits of her own right being a world champion. It's may be a private wedding, but it's not that private!

I'd imagine that many Brits would like to get some decent pictures from Canongate Kirk in Edinburgh on Saturday. While I fully understand that there's no live coverage of the ceremony, filming the guests and the bridal couple would be the least one could expect!

I for one hope that the BRF will consider the general public on Saturday! IMO they deserve it!

Viv

Old 07-27-2011, 07:45 AM
Royal Highness

I wonder if the wedding day details of the program. What time does the clock will start with England, and which will be a chance to follow a live broadcast channels.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 View Post
I wonder if the wedding day details of the program. What time does the clock will start with England, and which will be a chance to follow a live broadcast channels.
This information hasn't been made public as far as I am aware.

The only coverage will be by news channels doing a short bit as people arrive - the royals anyway and again when the bride and groom leave along with the royals - about 5 - 10 minutes either side of the ceremony and nothing from inside the church or afterwards when they have returned to Holyrood House.

From reading this http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/scot...39s.6808212.jp it seems that they think the wedding is at 3.00 p.m. but that is only 'expected to be' not confirmed.

This is a private wedding. It is just that the bride is the granddaughter of the Queen.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Police officers carried out security checks, including examining drains, yesterday around the Canongate Kirk in Edinburgh, ahead of Zara's wedding....

There will be 300 guests. Security costs are estimated at £ 500,000.
Supt. Ivor Marshall said that the kirk's location, close to Parliament and Holyrood House, "presented unique challenges".

Police stepping up security for Zara wedding - Scotsman.com News

As it happens, the Hopetoun International Horse Trials are taking place this weekend, a few miles west of Edinburgh.
The organisers have had to arrange for those wedding guests who are competing, to ride first thing in the morning, followed by a quick change of clothes !

The wedding is expected to be at 3pm.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:20 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Zara Phillips exercising intensely ahead of wedding
Zara Phillips exercising intensely ahead of*wedding | Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com
Old 07-27-2011, 12:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
New royal wedding in the UK
Billed-Bladet - Nyt kongeligt bryllup i Storbritannien

Google Google Translate
Old 07-27-2011, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

There will be standing room only, for up to 1,500.
Won't be enough, though.

A bit of light amusement from "Scotsman" columnist John Gibson, entitled:
"Let's not be vulgar about Zara's cash"

Chic Murray is one of Scotland's cheekiest comedians....
John Gibson: Let's not be vulgar about Zara's cash - Edinburgh Evening News
Old 07-27-2011, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh my, that is funny!!! More, more, more...
Old 07-27-2011, 11:28 PM
Aristocracy

I have a feeling that Zara will wear this Fringe Tiara worn by her mother and grandmother

http://magazine.zankyou.com/mx/wp-co...das-reales.jpg

but then again I wouldn't be surprised if she wore a wedding hat similar to this (but perhaps without the feather). Either way I'm sure she'll be a lovely bride!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_r0-r_45IkC...r+hat+veil.jpg

Old 07-27-2011, 11:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortiz View Post
I have a feeling that Zara will wear this Fringe Tiara worn by her mother and grandmother

http://magazine.zankyou.com/mx/wp-co...das-reales.jpg

but then again I wouldn't be surprised if she wore a wedding hat similar to this (but perhaps without the feather). Either way I'm sure she'll be a lovely bride!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_r0-r_45IkC...r+hat+veil.jpg

Is that Queen Elizabeth in the first photograph? She looks awfully pretty. So young and such a lovely cute smile.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:17 AM
Courtier

I'm hoping Zara wears the fringe tiara I think it would be lovely. I think it would please the Queen too. The Queen looked lovely on her wedding day I loved her veil she was very happy and you could tell.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:20 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fascinator View Post
Is that Queen Elizabeth in the first photograph? She looks awfully pretty. So young and such a lovely cute smile.

Yes that's Queen Elizabeth on the left in that picture (and Princess Anne to the right) and I agree with you...the Queen was so pretty on her wedding day!
Old 07-28-2011, 05:43 AM
Majesty

I think Zara might wear the Greek Meander tiara at her wedding
Old 07-28-2011, 07:34 AM
Courtier

The Greek Meander tiara has always had my vote. It is particularly classic and simple and makes a wonderful statement owing to the sheer elegance of this piece. Princess Anne always looked lovely in this tiara.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
As an 'outsider' forgive me for saying that IMO the BRF is not handling this wedding very well in PR- terms! Zara Philips may not be a royal, she may not be on the civil list, she may not 'owe' anything particular to the British general public and yet: She's HM's second grand child; she's been in the public eye as long as I can remember! From my vantage point she appears to be well like by the Brits and she has a few merits of her own right being a world champion. It's may be a private wedding, but it's not that private!

I'd imagine that many Brits would like to get some decent pictures from Canongate Kirk in Edinburgh on Saturday. While I fully understand that there's no live coverage of the ceremony, filming the guests and the bridal couple would be the least one could expect!

I for one hope that the BRF will consider the general public on Saturday! IMO they deserve it!

Viv

From reading the British press the one thing that comes through loud and clear is that the British public, in general, think that the minor royal family members (specifically everyone in the line of succession from Andrew down) shouldn't be getting press coverage just because they are related to the Queen.

Zara has been raised as a private individual. She earns her own living, does no royal duties, has no royal title, will move further and further to the periphery of the royal circle in the public's mind as the years pass - e.g. since she announced her engagement she has dropped one place in the line of succession and within two years will possibly be another two places lower (assuming William has one child and Peter a second).

I compare her to Linley and Sarah Chatto - the neice and nephew of the Queen whose mother was also a princess and daughter of a monarch - no coverage of their weddings. Had George VI lived longer - say to the same sort of age that his daughter is now - he would have gone close to being on the throne when they married - would there have been any greater coverage - no - so why give any sort of coverage to the 13th in line - she isn't royal (as her mother says - my children aren't royal, they just have the Queen for a grandmother).

When Zara and Mike finish their sporting careers - and they get more coverage for that reason than because of Zara's relationship to the Queen I believe, they will disappear, except for the very, very major royal events - like Peter.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
When Zara and Mike finish their sporting careers - and they get more coverage for that reason than because of Zara's relationship to the Queen I believe, they will disappear, except for the very, very major royal events - like Peter.
I think you are very right here. Both Zara and Mike have their own individual and successful sporting careers and will possibly become a very private and content family. That is what "out of the spot light" royals do. That said, I do wish them all the best.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:38 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I suspect St George's with lots of sporting people - including the entire England Lions squad as well as others from other teams and sports. Obviously a number of leading equestrians from around the world as well.

I wouldn't expect any foreign royals - as Zara isn't royal herself. The Greeks live in London and are on good terms with the British royals. I wouldn't expect any politicians etc either - just family and friends of the couple.

Isn't Zara still Royal ???
I know her Mother didn't want her to use a title or work for the firm, but Legally isn't she still a Princess ???
(can someone help me out with that one?)
Old 07-28-2011, 09:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Zara is not a royal. She is a member of her grandmothers family, thus the royal family (collaterally anyway), but bears no title and is not kept by the state.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 07-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Majesty

Things being delivered at the church:(Scroll Down)

Zara? He'd be happy if she worked as a Tesco checkout girl, says Mike Tindall's mum ahead of wedding | Mail Online

Closed Thread

Tags
mike tindall, princess royal, zara phillips