Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What time will the wedding take place? And the reception?

The news article Renata posted mentioned that guests will party until the wee hours, so that implies an evening reception. (I hope so, at least, because then everyone will change into evening wear).

Also wonder if Harry will be an usher?
I read something to the effect that Zara is very close to her Wales cousins but not to her York cousins, so I don't expect Beatrice or Eugenie to be bridesmaids.

I would expect that Zara is closer to her Wales cousins becauses they are closer in age to her than Beatrice and Eugenie and have they have similiar interests (horses) but than we will never really know and can only guess. I mean Eugenie did a reading at Peter's wedding so we don't know what happens behind closed doors.

What time will the wedding take place? And the reception?

The news article Renata posted mentioned that guests will party until the wee hours, so that implies an evening reception. (I hope so, at least, because then everyone will change into evening wear).

Also wonder if Harry will be an usher?
I read something to the effect that Zara is very close to her Wales cousins but not to her York cousins, so I don't expect Beatrice or Eugenie to be bridesmaids.

I can't imagine Beatrice or Eugenie would be bridesmaid's, but I imagine Autumn will be a bridesmaid. The age gap between Zara and Beatrice and Eugenie probably adds to her closeness with William and Harry, however having said that William had his younger cousin Louise in his wedding, so you never know what to expect. We could have James as pageboy! (Unlikely, haha.)

This evening, I went to Canongate Kirk for a wonderful recital of Rabbie Burns songs. They do concerts there on a regular basis.

They have cleaned the kirk to within an inch of its life :)

I arrived early and sat in the front row, imagining the kirk full of Royals...

I wouldn't be surprised if Zara's other half-sister - the one that lives at Gatcombe isn't a bridesmaid.

I would be surprised if her married sister-in-law was however.

broadcasting of the wedding

Will there be new media broadcasting the wedding? i have searched and i havent found much.

bethaliz6894 said:
Will there be new media broadcasting the wedding? i have searched and i havent found much.

I think at most we will see arrivals and departures. The same as what we saw at Peter and Autumn's wedding. :)

You'll be lucky to see that much ! There will be barriers everywhere.

The Scottish Storytelling Centre and the little museum next to it will be used as an HQ by the Police.

The people who are making money out of the event are the paparazzi who are already recruiting people from Canongate to let them take photos of the wedding.

I believe I read that for Peter and Autumn's wedding Princess Anne told Autumn that she believed in tradition. The responsibility for paying for the wedding goes to the bride's side of the family which was one of the reasons Autumn did the deal with Hello. So, going by that thinking Zara's wedding will be covered by Anne. So by that extension they may have more say about what will be allowed.

I thought Autumn came from a very wealthy family? In which case they could off afforded the wedding. I thought they just did it for the extra cash I don't think either are really wanting for money. Peter would have gotten money from the QM like the other grandchildren probably did. I'm sure I've read Autumn described as a heiress and from a wealthy canadian family. I would think Anne would offer help with either of her childrens weddings as part of the reason they are so big etc is because of the RF involvement. I'm looking forward to seeing Zara's dress I hope it isn't anything like Autumns which I didn't really like. Too many bows!

Fascinator, I agree. Did Peter Phillips have to reneg on his Hello deal? No. Did he have to return the money? No. Zara and Mike should not be treated differently, whether HM approves or not. If they are getting no stipend or similar from the Crown or the government, they should be able to do what they like.

The article I read stated that Peter did not inform the family beforehand and so they let their hair down thinking that the photographer that was there was a personal photographer taking pictures for the family. Apparently, there were some embarrassing pictures of Sophie (countess of Wessex) getting down on the dance floor :)

:previous:...they all say they want to be normal, but they want us to think they're above "gettin' down." I can't stop laughing!!!

I thought Autumn came from a very wealthy family? In which case they could off afforded the wedding. I thought they just did it for the extra cash I don't think either are really wanting for money. Peter would have gotten money from the QM like the other grandchildren probably did. I'm sure I've read Autumn described as a heiress and from a wealthy canadian family. I would think Anne would offer help with either of her childrens weddings as part of the reason they are so big etc is because of the RF involvement. I'm looking forward to seeing Zara's dress I hope it isn't anything like Autumns which I didn't really like. Too many bows!

Auumns family would I think be described as your basic middle class Canadian family. No great family fortune there.

You'll be lucky to see that much ! There will be barriers everywhere.

The Scottish Storytelling Centre and the little museum next to it will be used as an HQ by the Police.

Renata, are you planning to go to the wedding?

There is talk that Zara and Mike have hired The Britannia [former Royal Yacht] for a wedding party for 150, presumably the younger guests...........let's see;

Re the decision not to allow the couple to sell the rights of the photos to 'Hello' or similar, I was under the impression that Zara had stated that there never was any question of selling the photos - it was a non-starter from the moment 'go'.

I think that the selling of photos is generally problematic - as I know from my Civil Service days, the BP press office used to go to great lengths to keep the 'private' life of Royals away from the Press and even more so in the case of 'non-royals' and so there is the obvious conflict with privacy here: 'no, we are a private couple and don't wish to be photographed' / 'Because of our Royal connections we can sell our wedding for £400,000' [or whatever the true figure is - I have seen several quoted].

Whilst I wholly agree with everyone who has posted, correctly, that Zara is not a 'Royal' in one sense,IMHO she is a member of the wider Royal Family - the taxpayer is having to pick up the Security Bill for the wedding [estimated at £300,000 to £500,000 depending on which paper you read], various roads around the Kirk are now being closed for the next week, and indeed, Zara's status as a member of the wider BRF did enable her to 'pull rank' [not quite the word I am looking
for] and 'bump' the couple who had already booked the Kirk for their wedding on the same day....

Just my thoughts and I do not mean to offend

Alex

Last edited:
The article I read stated that Peter did not inform the family beforehand and so they let their hair down thinking that the photographer that was there was a personal photographer taking pictures for the family. Apparently, there were some embarrassing pictures of Sophie (countess of Wessex) getting down on the dance floor :)

The Royal family didn't know prior to the wedding day that Hello were coming? Wow. That's excellent. I figured they knew because Edward and Sophie left from another door because they did not want Louise to be in any of the images, which is why she is not in the family photo either. But it would make sense that the family didn't know about it, which is why they let their hair down at the reception. I'd love to see the photo of Sophie dancing. Was this image in the Hello! magazine?

I don't see what the big deal is about doing a spread in Hello! Mike is a famous rugby player, it's in his OWN right to do that sort of thing if he wants. And Zara is a sportsperson too, so she can make her own mind up. I know they don't want to annoy Granny too much, but still...it's their big day.

That sounds lovely I'm sure the Queen will love that. We may get pictures of them coming and going???

I love the idea of the Britannia-what a beautiful yacht. The church at Canongate Kirk in Edinburgh is adorable. So much deep royal history to the location of the events. This wedding is going to be very storybook like. I can't wait for the photos. :flowers:

Access to the Britannia isn't as simple as all that. To start with, it is berthed close up to the Ocean Terminal Shopping Centre. One can only enter this from the front of it. There are security fences all around the Britannia and Philip's yacht.

Outside of the fences, there is a very large basin, and one would need a serious camera to get any decent pictures of people. But no doubt there will be photography allowed inside for guests.

The main links again:

The Kirk of the Canongate:
Kirk of the Canongate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

... and Neil Gardner, the minister .... very handsome .....

http://www.canongatekirk.org.uk/

Today's "Scotland on Sunday": "Scotland tables its approval of Zara's wedding"

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/edinburgh/Scotland-tables-its-approval-of.6806576.jp

The wedding gift from the Scottish Government is a special table, made from an elm felled in the gardens of Holyrood House, by Historic Scotland craftsmen.

One of the motifs on the table is a stag's head with a crucifix between its antlers - the motif of Canongate Kirk.

The costs of the wedding are shared between the families.

Last edited:
Molly2101 said:
The Royal family didn't know prior to the wedding day that Hello were coming? Wow. That's excellent. I figured they knew because Edward and Sophie left from another door because they did not want Louise to be in any of the images, which is why she is not in the family photo either. But it would make sense that the family didn't know about it, which is why they let their hair down at the reception. I'd love to see the photo of Sophie dancing. Was this image in the Hello! magazine?.

I read they knew pics of the wedding were being sold but not of the reception and William was very angry at Phillip bc Kate was at wedding and pics of her and Chelsy were published.....

I'm very excited for this wedding, as the church is on a public road whereas her brothers was held in the confines of Windsor Castle. I'm sure we will get shots of royals arriving and leaving at the wedding and also for the pre-wedding bash on the Britannia. The Queen must be so delighted to be able to use the Britannia once more for a happy family occasion like this.

It is wonderful that this couple have in some way brought the wedding to the people with the church location. So all will not be confined. Cannot wait to get a glimpse of the royals arriving.

Will the wedding be televised, or will there a live stream?

The wedding won't be televised, we'll probably see clips on the news of arrivals and exits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom