Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are going on how she wore her hair to Kate's wedding. Zara had a lovely up do that day and night. It really suited her and I thought she may wear it like that for her own wedding. It looked elegant and smart so it would be nice to see. Looks like we will be getting plenty of pictures!

Our First Minister Alex Salmond, as well as the City of Edinburgh Council, will try to get as much coverage out of this wedding as they can.

And who can blame them ? There's a recession going on...

Our First Minister Alex Salmond, as well as the City of Edinburgh Council, will try to get as much coverage out of this wedding as they can.

And who can blame them ? There's a recession going on...
I think it's only fair! The city of Edinburgg has to put up with security costs, closing the the area for traffic, etc. So they ought to get an advertising effect out of it, they deserve it ;). It's a beautiful place btw. I visited Holyrood House many years ago and now I'm thrilled to see that Zara is going to hold her reception there.

Yes, I live there, and it's certainly the best place I have ever lived.

Of course, it's the Queen's parish church whenever she is in Edinburgh (except when she attends church in Balmoral in the Highlands.

But I think Zara herself has taken the decision !

I like the dresses; they are simple yet not quite in the common way. And they are different from Kate's. Wonder who'll be her bridesmaids?

The dresses are quite common. Actually, many of them look like nightgowns. Too bad, she didn't pick better. She is lovely, if she wants simple, she has it, there is nothing special about any of the gowns.

:flowers:Hello all Brits,
Can anyone tell me which TV Channel will be showing Zara's wedding please?
I would love to watch the entire ceremony if possible -not just the highlights on the news.
* I hosted a Royal Wedding Party for Wills & Kate and was thinking of doing the same here - even if we have to watch it on computers instead of large screens!!!:flowers:

I do not think Harry will bring Florence or any other temporary girlfriend,I've observed that at British royal weddings the couples are admitted only engaged or married,at least at official events

Well Chelsy wasn't an official girlfriend at William and Kate's wedding (not that we know of) but I would imagine she had a relationship with Kate. And Dave wasn't at the wedding (but at the reception according to reports) and he has been with Beatrice for a while now.

I don't think Florence will be there.

"Royal Kirk to shut for a week"
The Edinburgh Evening News / The Scotsman reports that Canongate Kirk is to close for a week from July 25th until July 30th, reportedly for the installation of security measures.

I agree he will show up single. I don't think it's anything serious with Flee anyway. Seems to have gone very quiet. Beatrice is taking her boyfriend to a family event at last!

Why is such massive security needed?

Doesn't the Queen (along with the rest of her family) attend church services there whenever she is in Edinburgh? Why won't the usual security measures suffice?

It's not like there'll be a parade through the crowds afterward.

Well, that's just it ! Normally the Queen plus entourage can manage to walk the few steps from Canongate Kirk to Holyrood House with ease.

But the knowledge of the Royals and the VIPs being so near, in such a small space, increases the feeding frenzy.

I'm beginning to wish that they had chosen another kirk...

And that's reason that massive security is needed, the VIP's that will be in attendance.

Unfortunately we live in a dangerous world and as such security precautions must be taken with VIP's.

Renata.....I can understand your desire for another location but the BRF loves Scotland and at some point the benefits will outweigh the negatives. Hopefully the city will see an influx of cash from the people who will come hoping (HOPING) to see a glimpse of anyone associated with this wedding. And they will be staying in Scotland, eating, drinking and spending $$$$$.

I don't want to seem snooty about this wedding, but it should be quite obvious to Zara and Mike and the City of Edinburgh Council that this event is not going to be a private family affair unless it takes place on private land behind palace or castle walls. It would be naive of them if they think otherwise. It seems that the council are abit worried about their ability to managing the crowds properly.

There have been a number of lower-profile royal weddings in other countries such as the Netherlands and I wonder if the local councils there have asked people to stay away or whether it is just a British thing?!

I think the low profile royal wedding that Zara (and possibly the city officials) are thinking of is similiar to Edward's wedding and what Peter's wedding would have been without the Hello coverage.

We will see the comings and goings of the royals, and everyone else. They will pose outside the church and one or two officials photots will be released. That's about it.

The trouble is, there's no space (to speak of) in front of the church. Behind it is the graveyard. There are two ways to get out of that space - either up Canongate towards the "Royal Mile" - or down Canongate to the Parliament.

Now the press is saying that it's Paul Costelloe and not Stewart Parvin who will design Zara's dress!
Does anyone know the truth about this?

I think the low profile royal wedding that Zara (and possibly the city officials) are thinking of is similiar to Edward's wedding and what Peter's wedding would have been without the Hello coverage.

We will see the comings and goings of the royals, and everyone else. They will pose outside the church and one or two officials photots will be released. That's about it.

Edward and Sophie's wedding was televised, though originally they had said they did not want it to be. I think, as he was the son of the Sovereign, it was frowned upon to not have it televised.

I think Zara and Peter both deserved to have private, family weddings. It's their own day, and they are not "senior" Royals, so it's their decision to have the wedding private. I don't mind not seeing the service, as long as we see some images of the family arriving and an image of her dress! I am sure we'll see official photos too, as we did with Peter and Autumn's wedding and every other Royal wedding. The Royal freaked out when they found out Hello! were covering Peter's wedding, to the point that some of them chose to not be seen in many of them. I think that was an over reaction, but...meh.

I am guessing no information regarding bridesmaid's has been released? Or have I missed a chunk of the thread?

Molly2101 Alas, no details about the wedding as yet. I've just been in "The Scotsman" newspaper, and I can't find anything about the wedding - unless they get married by special licence?

Not much seems to have 'leaked out' either - I have seen only one 'intimate detail' story, to the effect that the Princess Royal wanted Mike to have cosmetic surgery on his nose to avoid 'spoiling' the look of the wedding photos.
Diarist

Last edited:
Well, Mike did give an interview to one of the broadsheets, [from memory, the Daily Telegraph] in which he was quoted as saying that he had been asked by The Princess Royal to get his nose fixed. The article went on to say that he only has one functioning nostril because the septum [dividing wall of the nose for those whose first language is not english] has been completely crushed so blocking the other nostril off - all due to a rugby injury. IIRC, according to the paper, he must snore like a train...

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom