Zara Phillips, Mike Tindall and Family Current Events 1: January 2011-January 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uncle William? The reporter evidently forgot this is Zara's cousin not her brother.

It's evident that Harry (and William) have a close relationship with Zara..and that Mia knows them...most children in that age range aren't relaxed around people unless they know them.

Nice set of pics.

I loved the photos of the family at Beaufort, they were very sweet and heartwarming. Mia is such a little cutie! She reminds me of Zara when she was that age. It was nice to see her with Harry too. Who is the little boy who was with her in the first couple of photos, is he a child of Zara's friend?

Last edited:
I would think he is the son of the friend Zara was standing and talking to. :)

Bit odd to see a reporter say Uncle William and Uncle Harry, though only once, used the term cousin most times. Not unusual in a family for children of your cousin to call you Aunt/Uncle, at least not here. Term is often used for close family of the previous generation. But it is odd for a reporter to make such a presumption. Then again look at the newspaper.

I would think he is the son of the friend Zara was standing and talking to. :)

Bit odd to see a reporter say Uncle William and Uncle Harry, though only once, used the term cousin most times. Not unusual in a family for children of your cousin to call you Aunt/Uncle, at least not here. Term is often used for close family of the previous generation. But it is odd for a reporter to make such a presumption. Then again look at the newspaper.

I didn't see this yesterday, so I'm answering a little late, though thank you for answering Countessmeout, however I'd already been wondering that when I first saw the photos of him and was asking more along the lines of his name, however the article doesn't mention Zara's friends name (who I'm guessing is his mother) so I'm presuming that he's not from a famous family and just a "normal" friend. :)

I also agree with you on the usage of uncle. It's similar over here as well, I called my great-aunt and uncles 'Auntie' and 'Uncle' even though they were really my mother's aunts and uncles and just my great-aunts/uncles. I've also known people who call family friends 'Aunt'/'Uncle'. But, as you have said, it is the Daily Mail after all and they most likely used it as an error!

Zara didn't make the Olympic selection team. No shock. High Kingdom has barely competed this year. Not since early May at Badminton. And as I said two posts above, he's needed extra vet inspections when he has competed. I don't think he's recovered from his 2015 injury. Given that's he's 15, we might hear a retirement announcement in the near future.

Let's hope Zara's younger horses develop for her if she wants to make the 2020 team.

Honestly if the little boy's mother was of any social importance, I am sure the newspaper or one of the blogs would have named her. She doesn't even get a mention.

It was just me wondering, that's all. I was hoping that you could perhaps shed a little bit of light on the unknown boy, however, as I had also said in my latest post, it appears that his mother isn't well known enough for him to get a mention (and as you have pointed out too).

Zara was in Paris last week to help launch a new Magic Millions event

TWO of the world’s most talented polo players are heading to the Gold Coast for a new event this summer – Magic Millions Polo.

Joining them will be Magic Millions royal ambassador Zara Phillips and glamorous racing commentator Francesca Cumani and her husband, Australian polo champion Rob Archibald.

US team captain Nic Roldan and Argentinian polo royalty Alejandro Novillo Astrada will saddle up for the one-day polo event to kickstart the week-long Magic Millions Carnival, which incorporates horse sales and a $10 million raceday.
Read more: No Cookies | The Courier Mail

Mia is every day more beautiful!
Turning from a toddler into a girl!

I see a lot of Mike in Mia's face. Mom too, but dad is definitely in the mix. I hear there is another big golf tourney in the offing, this week....

She is so like Mike right now...her eyes are more Zara but the rest of her is Mike.

LaRae

This Mia is too cute for words.... a delight !!!!!!

Ex-fiance? Were there engaged?

I don't remember Zara ever being engaged previously.

LaRae

:previous: I don't know if Isla and Savannah could get any cuter?
And we never say it, (why, I don't know) but Zara looks great in the saddle. She looks complete.

I am a sucker for daddy/daughter pics, and these 2 are some of the best. Mike is such a giant teddy bear with her. Here is this big burly rugby player you could picture wrestling with sons, but is doing ponytails and playing dolls with his little girl and looks in heaven. :flowers:

I like how close Zara and Peter are, it shows with their spouses and kids.:)

That's another change in Zara's work after the exclusion at the Olympics.

I figured she was going to be a professional equestrian. Surprised she isn't doing that exclusively yet.

LaRae

She is a professional athlete. Most athletes earn money through other outlets. Her basically consulting on horse line is no different than her modeling or jewelry. Being a professional doesn't mean your entire world is your sport.:ermm:

Being able to ride at top levels you usually have to be totally immersed in the sport She's probably got a little time for her family and the rest she would need focused on her riding/training.

LaRae

So those Olympic athletes who model, coach, go to school, have families are not dedicated :bang: Or just royal ones :whistling:

Ian Millar, one of the top equestrians runs a ranch, teaches, coaches, breeds and trains horses, and does some commentating. All while still being a competitive rider. His daughter Amy who was an Olympian this year balances a child near Mia, coaching, riding lessons and training her own horses.

There are hundreds of examples. Very few athletes only compete and train. Doing a photo shoot or going to dinner or board meeting a few times a year doesn't take much away from training.

I never said those things meant they weren't dedicated. I have no idea what you are going on about.

I'm just saying to compete at that level almost requires a person to make that sport a full time job. To be a pro athlete it's pretty much a full time job....LaRae

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom