Zara Phillips, Mike Tindall and Family Current Events 1: January 2011-January 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say I also fail to see a remarkable difference. What I see is a sportswoman who adores her family, father, husband and child and is a decent person.

:previous: Thanks for posting these - little Mia is adorable and she's starting to look a lot like Zara did at her age, with her long hair.

Mike's nose might be passed the point of repair being broken so many times. Yes, he is done with rugby.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Not quite.

He has retired from playing rugby but he still coaches and even hopes to go into the media with regards to rugby and maybe even management.

He will continue to work in rugby probably for many years to come.

I think Mia looks very much liker her father .... minus the crooked nose, of course.

Oh my... thanks for the pics Admirer! It is always lovely to see kids, especially when they have suddenly grown and changed their features!
I was shocked to see how much Mia changed, and how fair her hair is!:D

I have a soft spot for Zara too btw;)

She's always looked like a Windsor to me.

LaRae

Since she has no title why does Zara Phillips go by Phillips and not Tindall? I could see if she was titled but it seems odd that her, her husband and children, don't share a family name.

Since she has no title why does Zara Phillips go by Phillips and not Tindall? I could see if she was titled but it seems odd that her, her husband and children, don't share a family name.

She uses Phillips just in a professional capacity - as many women choose to do. In her private life though, I believe she uses Tindall.

Not that it would make much difference to the press - they would still refer to her as Phillips regardless.

The British Monarchy website refers to her, when it needs to refer to her at all, as Mrs Michael Tindall. She does use Mike's name but when competing professionally or working for her sponsors she uses her maiden name as do many women these days. Mia is Mia Tindall.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsa...ntofthebirthofMrandMrsTindallsfirstbaby1.aspx

Mrs Michael Tindall today safely delivered a baby girl at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital. Mr Tindall was present at the birth. The weight of the baby was 7lbs 12oz.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/ThecurrentRoyalFamily/ThePrincessRoyal/Marriageandfamily.aspx

Zara married Mr Mike Tindall in July 2011 and they have one daughter, Miss Mia Tindall who was born in January 2014. Zara also won a silver medal at the London 2012 Olympics and was presented with her medal by The Princess Royal.

It takes a brave man to ignore the advice of his future mother-in-law ahead of the wedding day.

But that’s exactly what Mike Tindall did when Princess Anne told him to get his nose fixed.

Once described as “a relief map of the Pennines”, the eight-times broken conk has its own Facebook appreciation page and has even been mocked by the Queen.

Now – four years after marrying Zara Phillips – Rugby Union World Cup winner Mike is finally on the verge of having that wrecked schnoz straightened.

Despite a burgeoning TV career, the 36-year-old insists the operation is for health, not vanity, reasons.

But he admits he and Zara cannot go anywhere without him – and said appendage – being spotted.
Read more: Mike Tindall on Zara and life after rugby: I'm finally fixing my nose because I can't breathe properly - 3am & Mirror Online

^^^ At almost 6'4 and 240lbs he'll be hard to miss lol. It will be interesting to see if he just repairs the nose or does a bit of cosmetic touchup.

Mike is making more and more television appearances so maybe he wants to straighten out the kinks.

Last edited:
Good on him I don't know how he could breathe with that nose has anyone seen a photo of him before. Would be interesting to see

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

^^^ At almost 6'4 and 240lbs he'll be hard to miss lol. It will be interesting to see if he just repairs the nose or does a bit of cosmetic touchup.

Mike is making more and more television appearances so maybe he wants to straighten out the kinks.
As a woman facing nasal surgery for medical reasons I can tell you that the last thing on my mind is the cosmetic implications but I have seen photographs of people who have had the same surgery and the change has been incredible.

I hadn't realised that Mike had breathing problems because of his nose. It's good that he's finally going to get it fixed, I hope his surgery will be successful. People will still recognise them because they are Mike and Zara after surgery though, as Zara is well known in Britain for her involvement with sports and the Olympics, and not just because of her royal connections. But hopefully there will be less comments about his nose!

phil dampier ‏@phildampier 11h11 hours ago
Mike Tindall, who is apparently getting his nose fixed, says wife Zara Phillips is more romantic than him. Surprising!

Hope that this will help Mike with his breathing issues.

I think that Mike must have had enough of his probelms with breathing... maybe he thought he could handle that, but now they have probably worsened... It amuses me the fact that he feels the need to say that it is not for vanity that he is going to do this... If there is one thing that I can't connect with Micahel Tindall, is ideed vanity! :D

Last edited:
Ha! I had to chuckle at the suggestion of getting a cabin! Like they did something outrageous: it was merely a mild display of affection... I've seen worse! LOL

Disapointed to hear their vessel placed only 15th

Ha! I had to chuckle at the suggestion of getting a cabin! Like they did something outrageous: it was merely a mild display of affection... I've seen worse! LOL Disapointed to hear their vessel placed only 15th

One advantage of Mike's nose is that I doubt it gets in the way much...:p

Mike Tindall has revealed that he is a 'hands-on dad' to 20-month-old daughter Mia as wife Zara Phillips 'spends a lot of time with the horses'.

The 36-year-old Rugby Union star, who married Princess Anne's equestrian daughter in July 2011, shared his thoughts on fatherhood with The Times, and admitted he enjoys spending the weekends with his toddler by taking her out for pony rides.

However, despite his high-profile sporting career the Yorkshireman said daughter has no idea what he did for a living and one day he'll have to 'wheel out the videos' of himself in action to show her.
Read more: Mike Tindall is a 'hands-on dad' to daughter Mia with Olympics-hopeful Zara Phillips | Daily Mail Online

Chewing nervously on her finger, a little girl looks shyly at Zara Phillips as she hands the royal a sparkly sticker that says 'Today I feel like a princess'.
Two-year-old Matilda Wren, from Lincolnshire, presented the Olympic equestrian with the gift when she stopped to speak to her at the Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials in Stamford, Lincolnshire.
While Zara Phillips has previously competed in the prestigious four-day event, this year the royal was on hand to judge the hotly-contested picnic competition.

'Today I feel like a princess': Zara handed sticker from toddler as she enjoys a day out judging picnics at Burghley Horse Trials | Daily Mail Online

A 'say what you see' article from Hello! magazine (but it does include a couple of adorable pics of Mia).

Now that England are out of their own World Cup, Mike Tindall is expecting some brisk conversation around the family dinner table. Especially with his mother-in-law. Though he would never describe any rugby chat with her as an argument.

“You don’t have arguments with her,” he says of the Princess Royal, a stalwart Scotland supporter. “She is a massive fan, knows a lot about it. She had some great times with Scottish rugby during the David Sole era, not so many good times since. To be fair to her, she has stuck by them through everything.”
Read more: Mike Tindall: The family will rib me about England but I'll be cheering on Scotland, Wales and Ireland - Telegraph

I didn't see her (I was running behind so was doing a fast forward session through it) but apparently Zara was in the audience at Strictly Come Dancing this evening.

Now played it again and she was there :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom