Zara Phillips, Mike Tindall and Family Current Events 1: January 2011-January 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to admit that being the Queen's granddaughter makes sponsors more interested in her. William Fox-Pitt isn't getting coverage from the Daily Mail if he attended a yacht race in Australia.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

In the UK, people are sports mad and have a great respect for successful sports wo/men

Zara would not get popular support if she wasn't successful, and it is this support that made her BBC sports person of the year - and that garnered sponsorship.

Her royal connections might have got her sponsorship initially but that would have faded if she hadn't been successful. Failures do not get sponsorship

So IMO it might have helped to start with but eventing success and (have to say it) an attractive personality will get sponsorship. Good for her!

You have to admit that being the Queen's granddaughter makes sponsors more interested in her. William Fox-Pitt isn't getting coverage from the Daily Mail if he attended a yacht race in Australia.

And William Fox-Pitt is much more successful than Zara

And William Fox-Pitt is much more successful than Zara

Give her time. Compared to him, she's very early into her career. She could ride for 30 more years if she chooses to.

Exactly - this is a sport where competing at the highest level is still possible into a person's 50s so Zara has at least 20 more years of competition at the highest level ahead of her in which to achieve more than she has done so far.

Exactly - this is a sport where competing at the highest level is still possible into a person's 50s so Zara has at least 20 more years of competition at the highest level ahead of her in which to achieve more than she has done so far.

Plus she's already achieved quite a lot, with her Olympic silver medal with her team, plus her World Equestrian Games win with Toytown. And I think she's placed second at Burgley at least once?

Zara still is in Australia.

On January 6 she attended the Magic Millions Barrier Draw on the Gold Coast:

** zimbio/gettyimages gallery ** purepeople gallery **

** dailymail: Stop horsing around! Zara Phillips struggles to mount her steed at prestigious Magic Millions...**

As well as the opening night event for the Magic Millions Raceday:

** zimbio/gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: Forget the outfit! Zara Phillips keeps it simple in a satin LBD as she steps out.. **

Today, January 9, Zara attended the Magic Millions Race Day Media Call:

** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: Dripping in diamonds! Zara Phillips sports $700k worth of jewels and unusual black floral motif headpiece.. **

Of course she is still in Australia - the Magic Millions is the reason she comes down here at this time every year.

I was surprised to read of her being here for Christmas but she had a lovely day for it and a wonderful day on the harbour on Boxing Day and since then a further summer holiday with her family.

Yep, the races that she is actually there for are starting and go on for ten days. So they got a sweet deal if their accommodations where included because it's going to be almost a month.

Her shoes are awful. She looks nice in the dress though!

LaRae

Devoted parents Zara Phillips MBE and Mike Tindall are pulling out all the stops for their daughter's first birthday.
Mia Grace Tindall, the youngest member of the royal family who is 16th in line to the throne, turns one on Saturday.
And her father Mike, 36, who is currently in training for an appearance on Channel 4 reality show The Jump, is taking a break from filming in Austria to fly home for the occasion.

Happy Birthday Mia! As Zara Phillips' daughter turns one, FEMAIL looks back at a busy year for the youngest member of the royal family  | Daily Mail Online

Mike Tindall is about to take part in the reality TV series The Jump on channel 4. Lady Victoria Hervey is also taking part as well as several members of boy bands, other reality shows and one of Sir Paul McCartney's ex wives.

I can't get over how much the three Granddaughters of Princess Anne all look alike at this age. Those Windsor genes are strong ones. ?. Mia certainly looked like she was enjoying herself on her day out w/Mum. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Mia looks very lovely and pretty but I do not think she resembles her cousins.

I think Savannah & Isla are a mixture of their mother and father.

Sometimes they look like Autumn and sometimes like Peter.

I think Savannah and Isla have lighter complexions and rosier cheeks and face.

Mia has a darker complexion. Her hair and eyebrows appear darker and thicker.

Pictures 9 & 10 are real cute.

Zara Phillips takes cute daughter Mia Tindall out to equestrian event - hellomagazine.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Mia is definitely turning into a lovely little girl! I agree with Queen Camilla, can't see any resemblance with her couysins!

Mike Tindall: Zara and I don't care what the royals think about our magazine deals - Telegraph
When Zara and Mike Tindall sold the first photographs of their newborn daughter to a glossy magazine for a six-figure sum they invoked significant controversy.

Many questioned whether it was appropriate for a senior member of the Royal Family to be selling such personal information, and the decision certainly risked irritating the Queen.

But Tindall, 36, has revealed that the couple care little about what the Royal Family thinks of their sponsorship deals and television commitments.

Although their opinion is always taken into account when they make business decisions, the former England rugby captain said that essentially, they do what they want, regardless.

“They’re separate from us; we run our own life,” he told Radio Times.

Asked whether they considered how such things might reflect on the royals, he added: “That would always come up, yes, of course, but ultimately it’s what we want to do first.”

Tindall said the Royal Family did not give them any money and that he and his wife, a professional equestrian, “look after themselves”

I think, generally speaking, people accept Zara and Mike's sponsorship deals and I do not recall much, if any, controversy with any magazine deals since Peter and Autumn's wedding. I'm surprised Mike was so frank and open about it, but he obviously didn't dodge the questions!
Yeas and years ago, Princess Anne did an interview with Hello!, so her family's association with that particular magazine goes back a long way.

I completely agree with mike's comments, he and Zara are both professional sportspeople and so are sponsored in the same way as their 'colleagues' are. However I'm surprised he's talking so openly about it as it may just raise a media backlash and they might start getting stick for the deals they have. They do seem to have escaped any media criticism of it so far! People in glass houses throwing stones and all that!!

I think what got Peter and Autumn in trouble was pictures that included the other royals especially Harry, Chelsy and Kate without asking beforehand.

The pictures that Mike and Zara did for Hello with baby Mia were fine. However, I could see the royals upset if they sold pictures from Mia's birthday party with the Queen and Prince George there without Royal approval as an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom