Zara Phillips, Mike Tindall and Family Current Events 1: January 2011-January 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That drunken night during Rugby World Cup with the blonde 'wasn't an enormous crisis for those I love' insists Tindall
Mike Tindall has spoken for the first time about his drunken antics with a bar room blonde, unapologetically playing down its impact on his new wife Zara Phillips. The former England rugby captain – who married the Queen’s granddaughter just weeks before the escapade – insisted ‘it just wasn’t some enormous crisis’ to those he loves. But he did concede, with characteristic understatement, that it ‘wasn’t ideal’ he had ended up ‘hammered’.

I do have to agree, sadly, that Zara married down, even though they do appear happy (when he is sober).

I agree that Zara married down, but not because Tindall lacks an aristocratic pedigree.

wow, she looks amazing. Love her shoes

I agree that "marrying down" is not a pedigree matter...it has to do with other troublesome matters which the "down" person may have.

I have thought that the current royals are often marrying commoners today to deliberately escape the genetic problems caused by centuries of marrying in their own families. Some people may marry commoners unconsciously, though, without thinking of this genetic problem. Maybe nature urges them on.

And I agree that Victoria marrying Daniel was definitely not marrying down. He has been her rock and her health coach and her loyal support. What a guy!

At some point in history, royal people "became" royal when they had not been so before. Usually it was from a victorious assault on land and people, not a very good way to start. Other times it was due to being "elected" by one's peers, not so bad but still working within the "family." I think the royals will correct their gene pool and then perhaps once again start marrying each other...if the world lasts that long in its present state.
I know nothing about Zara's Mike except that he has a broken nose which has not been adequately repaired, so can't comment on him.

Prince William married "up" by marrying the first woman with a university degree who will become Queen. (of course degrees are not the only criteria for "up", hardly!) In other words, they are more or less "equal", because he too is well educated.

Keeping the royal mother-in-law happy: Mike Tindall plants smacker on Princess Anne as they watch Zara at Blenheim Horse Trials
Looks like someone's keeping in their mother-in-law's good books. Mike Tindall plants a great big smacker on Princess Anne as he accompanies her to watch wife Zara Philips compete at the Blenheim Horse trials. The Queen's sister could be forgiven for having her doubts about her burly, rugby-playing son-in-law whose past conduct could be considered anything but regal.

LOVE this picture of Anne and Mike.

LOL at referring to Princess Anne as the Queens sister.

Zara and Mike spent the night at Mahiki night club in London's Mayfair with friends on September 25/26. They were joined by English comedian Jack Whitehall, former footballer Jamie Redknapp and his TV presenter wife Louise Redknapp.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

** dailymail: Fashion royalty meets actual royalty! Louise Redknapp catches up with Zara Phillips..**

** thesun.co.uk: The Redknapps' royal night out with pals Zara and Mike **

** hellomagazine: Zara and Mike wind down with the Redknapps after her busy summer **

If she actually said "Don't you know who I am?" then I would have said no. Unless you're a royal fan or a fan of dressage you would have no clue who Zara was and from the picture she's wearing no kind of badge or entry pass to let her in to a restricted area.

This happened to her before somewhere but she hasn't learnt that like everyone else she needs to be wearing the appropriate identification for automatic entry.
Not everyone in the country would recognise her mother let alone her. Mike is probably more recogisable to many due to being involved in a higher profile sport but who his wife is woudn't be known to everyone either.

Even the members of the royal family had to wear ID badges during the Olympics, so I would think that Zara would have had one as well for this event if she wanted unlimited access to the area.

Even the members of the royal family had to wear ID badges during the Olympics, so I would think that Zara would have had one as well for this event if she wanted unlimited access to the area.

Yes, they all wore ID placards with their names on with some excellent mug shots!

Most people know who Zara is, but it's still not appropriate to not wear ID badges. Even at Royal Ascot her family all wear badges for the Royal Enclosure just like everyone else.

She should have one, whether given or purchased. Similar to the one Chanelle McCoy has on her handbag in the DM article. It would have been simple to show it to the guard, who would have let her through. Either Zara "expected" not to need one, or forgot it. :whistling:

Yes, they all wore ID placards with their names on with some excellent mug shots!

Most people know who Zara is, but it's still not appropriate to not wear ID badges. Even at Royal Ascot her family all wear badges for the Royal Enclosure just like everyone else.

I remember Prince Andrew being nearly turned away at Royal Ascot because he wasn't recognized. I remember the story saying that he said, "But I am Prince Andrew!" This was a long time ago, and I recall that the story went on to say that the royal family didn't have to wear badges to enter the Royal Enclosure. Don't know if it's still that way, but I definitely remember it happening then (20-30 years ago, possible pre-Sarah).

If she actually said "Don't you know who I am?" then I would have said no. Unless you're a royal fan or a fan of dressage you would have no clue who Zara was and from the picture she's wearing no kind of badge or entry pass to let her in to a restricted area.

Many fans of dressage wouldn't know who she is either as she doesn't compete in dressage but in three-day eventing.

Dressage, Show-jumping and three day eventing are separate events and rarely even compete at the same time or place - Olympics excepted.

Eventing includes dressage, show-jumping and cross-country.

^^^Funny expression; could that have been her reaction when the security guard didn't recognize her? :D She looks like the internet meme of Grumpy Cat!

Last edited:
I surely wouldn't want anyone to look at me like that! It reminds me of Longfellow's poem about the little girl with the curl..."when she was good, she was very good indeed. But, when she was bad, she was horrid." :)

One thing I have learnt with the press is not to assume that the order in which photos are presented is not necessarily the way things actually happened.

I'm not assuming anything with my observation about the photo, just making a harmless joke about her expression given the incident that occurred with the guard. I now have moved the emoticon after the first sentence for clarification that I was being facetious. I know full well there could be any one of a dozen reasons for that expression.

Last edited:
I'm not assuming anything with my observation about the photo, just making a harmless joke about her expression given the incident that occurred with the guard. I now have moved the emoticon after the first sentence for clarification that I was being facetious. I know full well there could be any one of a dozen reasons for that expression.

Indeed. More video of footage of her newlywed husband in some bar with some "friend" might be about to surface. :ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom