The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

If she actually said "Don't you know who I am?" then I would have said no. Unless you're a royal fan or a fan of dressage you would have no clue who Zara was and from the picture she's wearing no kind of badge or entry pass to let her in to a restricted area.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Majesty

This happened to her before somewhere but she hasn't learnt that like everyone else she needs to be wearing the appropriate identification for automatic entry.
Not everyone in the country would recognise her mother let alone her. Mike is probably more recogisable to many due to being involved in a higher profile sport but who his wife is woudn't be known to everyone either.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Some more pics of Zara and Mike today can be found here:

** zimbio/Bauer Griffin gallery: Opening Day at the Cheltenham Festival **

** zimbio/gettyimages gallery: The Cheltenham Festival - Day 1 **

** gettyimages/UK Press gallery: GBR: Cheltenham Festival - Day 1 **
Old 03-12-2013, 04:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Even the members of the royal family had to wear ID badges during the Olympics, so I would think that Zara would have had one as well for this event if she wanted unlimited access to the area.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Even the members of the royal family had to wear ID badges during the Olympics, so I would think that Zara would have had one as well for this event if she wanted unlimited access to the area.

Yes, they all wore ID placards with their names on with some excellent mug shots!

Most people know who Zara is, but it's still not appropriate to not wear ID badges. Even at Royal Ascot her family all wear badges for the Royal Enclosure just like everyone else.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:05 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
She should have one, whether given or purchased. Similar to the one Chanelle McCoy has on her handbag in the DM article. It would have been simple to show it to the guard, who would have let her through. Either Zara "expected" not to need one, or forgot it.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Yes, they all wore ID placards with their names on with some excellent mug shots!

Most people know who Zara is, but it's still not appropriate to not wear ID badges. Even at Royal Ascot her family all wear badges for the Royal Enclosure just like everyone else.

I remember Prince Andrew being nearly turned away at Royal Ascot because he wasn't recognized. I remember the story saying that he said, "But I am Prince Andrew!" This was a long time ago, and I recall that the story went on to say that the royal family didn't have to wear badges to enter the Royal Enclosure. Don't know if it's still that way, but I definitely remember it happening then (20-30 years ago, possible pre-Sarah).
Old 03-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
If she actually said "Don't you know who I am?" then I would have said no. Unless you're a royal fan or a fan of dressage you would have no clue who Zara was and from the picture she's wearing no kind of badge or entry pass to let her in to a restricted area.

Many fans of dressage wouldn't know who she is either as she doesn't compete in dressage but in three-day eventing.

Dressage, Show-jumping and three day eventing are separate events and rarely even compete at the same time or place - Olympics excepted.

Eventing includes dressage, show-jumping and cross-country.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Zara Phillips attended the Cheltenham races - Day 1 | Spletnik.ru
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 03-13-2013, 11:55 AM
Heir Apparent

^^^Funny expression; could that have been her reaction when the security guard didn't recognize her? She looks like the internet meme of Grumpy Cat!
Old 03-13-2013, 12:24 PM
Aristocracy

I surely wouldn't want anyone to look at me like that! It reminds me of Longfellow's poem about the little girl with the curl..."when she was good, she was very good indeed. But, when she was bad, she was horrid." :)
Old 03-13-2013, 04:03 PM
Majesty

One thing I have learnt with the press is not to assume that the order in which photos are presented is not necessarily the way things actually happened.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm not assuming anything with my observation about the photo, just making a harmless joke about her expression given the incident that occurred with the guard. I now have moved the emoticon after the first sentence for clarification that I was being facetious. I know full well there could be any one of a dozen reasons for that expression.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I'm not assuming anything with my observation about the photo, just making a harmless joke about her expression given the incident that occurred with the guard. I now have moved the emoticon after the first sentence for clarification that I was being facetious. I know full well there could be any one of a dozen reasons for that expression.
Indeed. More video of footage of her newlywed husband in some bar with some "friend" might be about to surface.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:50 PM
Majesty

Better luck next time! A dapper Mike Tindall left disappointed after 12,000 racehorse Zara said he was 'an idiot' to buy fails to finish:
Cheltenham Festival 2013: Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall watch as 12,000 racehorse Monbeg Dude fails to finish | Mail Online

Nice to see Zara & Mike at the races but why Mike have to wear his suits so tight? I wouldn't be able to breath in it.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:23 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Zara Phillips back at old school in Gordonstoun - Scotland - Scotsman.com
Old 03-27-2013, 09:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Zara was in NY yesterday at the launch of the new Range Rover Sport
Old 03-27-2013, 10:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Zara was in NY yesterday at the launch of the new Range Rover Sport
And here's a snap from the event
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/164...BiDPLTdQ%3d%3d
Old 03-27-2013, 10:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Daily Mail article - Zara Phillips follows in the footsteps of her grandmother as she joins Bond star Daniel Craig at Range Rover launch | Mail Online
Old 03-27-2013, 12:28 PM
Royal Highness

Daniel Craig Helps Unveil the New Range Rover - Pictures - Zimbio

She looks very stylish