The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-18-2016, 08:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I would think he is the son of the friend Zara was standing and talking to.

Bit odd to see a reporter say Uncle William and Uncle Harry, though only once, used the term cousin most times. Not unusual in a family for children of your cousin to call you Aunt/Uncle, at least not here. Term is often used for close family of the previous generation. But it is odd for a reporter to make such a presumption. Then again look at the newspaper.

Old 06-20-2016, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I would think he is the son of the friend Zara was standing and talking to.

Bit odd to see a reporter say Uncle William and Uncle Harry, though only once, used the term cousin most times. Not unusual in a family for children of your cousin to call you Aunt/Uncle, at least not here. Term is often used for close family of the previous generation. But it is odd for a reporter to make such a presumption. Then again look at the newspaper.
I didn't see this yesterday, so I'm answering a little late, though thank you for answering Countessmeout, however I'd already been wondering that when I first saw the photos of him and was asking more along the lines of his name, however the article doesn't mention Zara's friends name (who I'm guessing is his mother) so I'm presuming that he's not from a famous family and just a "normal" friend.

I also agree with you on the usage of uncle. It's similar over here as well, I called my great-aunt and uncles 'Auntie' and 'Uncle' even though they were really my mother's aunts and uncles and just my great-aunts/uncles. I've also known people who call family friends 'Aunt'/'Uncle'. But, as you have said, it is the Daily Mail after all and they most likely used it as an error!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-22-2016, 12:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Zara actually was on horseback Sunday for a charity game at the same event.

The Gloucestershire Festival of Polo Pictures | Getty Images

Adorable pics here of Mia and Grandma

Mia Tindall plays catch with Princess Anne as Zara competes in a charity polo festival | Daily Mail Online

Honestly if the little boy's mother was of any social importance, I am sure the newspaper or one of the blogs would have named her. She doesn't even get a mention.
Old 06-22-2016, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Honestly if the little boy's mother was of any social importance, I am sure the newspaper or one of the blogs would have named her. She doesn't even get a mention.
It was just me wondering, that's all. I was hoping that you could perhaps shed a little bit of light on the unknown boy, however, as I had also said in my latest post, it appears that his mother isn't well known enough for him to get a mention (and as you have pointed out too).

Old 07-13-2016, 06:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Zara Phillips and daughter turn out to support Mike Tindall at Celtic Manor tournament* | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-13-2016, 08:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Mia is every day more beautiful!
Turning from a toddler into a girl!
Old 07-13-2016, 10:49 AM
Heir Apparent

I see a lot of Mike in Mia's face. Mom too, but dad is definitely in the mix. I hear there is another big golf tourney in the offing, this week....
Old 07-13-2016, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

She is so like Mike right now...her eyes are more Zara but the rest of her is Mike.

LaRae
Old 07-13-2016, 07:27 PM
Heir Apparent

This Mia is too cute for words.... a delight !!!!!!
Old 08-07-2016, 03:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Mia Tindall joins Mike and Zara at The Festival of British Eventing | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-07-2016, 04:13 AM
Heir Apparent

I am a sucker for daddy/daughter pics, and these 2 are some of the best. Mike is such a giant teddy bear with her. Here is this big burly rugby player you could picture wrestling with sons, but is doing ponytails and playing dolls with his little girl and looks in heaven.

I like how close Zara and Peter are, it shows with their spouses and kids.
Old 08-28-2016, 03:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Little Mia Tindall gets into the Big Festival fun with parents Mike and Zara | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-29-2016, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

so full of energy Mia
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id596877802
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id596877154
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id596877152
Old 08-30-2016, 05:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Mike Tindall grabs giggling daughter by the dungarees in playful fight | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-30-2016, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent

this picture is super sweet
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...2510841741.jpg

and this one made me LOL
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...2511341041.jpg
Old 09-09-2016, 06:18 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm a little late but I loved the newest photos of the family. Mia is adorable and appears to be a little bundle of energy! I can imagine that she makes everyone smile. She looks a lot like her mother did at her age, IMO.

Old 09-19-2016, 08:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Just look at these three lil' athletes! I get a bit weary just thinking of the chase they could lead in a single afternoon. Fotos und Bilder von Gatcombe Horse Trials | Getty Images

And her is Mike with a big dog. I can't decide who makes whom look better.... The dog's nose is better, so the dog, by a nose? http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...8878?s=594x594
Old 09-20-2016, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

such fun pictures
Old 09-20-2016, 09:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Adorable pictures ! I love this family !
Old 10-09-2016, 03:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Zara Tindall's adorable daughter Mia runs wild while her mother competes in Calmsden Horse Trials | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS