The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-08-2015, 05:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Mike's nose might be passed the point of repair being broken so many times. Yes, he is done with rugby.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Not quite.

He has retired from playing rugby but he still coaches and even hopes to go into the media with regards to rugby and maybe even management.

He will continue to work in rugby probably for many years to come.

Old 08-08-2015, 06:06 PM
Serene Highness

I think Mia looks very much liker her father .... minus the crooked nose, of course.

Old 08-08-2015, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

She's always looked like a Windsor to me.

LaRae
Old 08-09-2015, 03:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
I think Mia looks very much liker her father .... minus the crooked nose, of course.

I hope she'll look more like Zara as she ages.
Old 08-09-2015, 03:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
I agree me too. Mia likes very much her father.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:18 PM
Aristocracy

Since she has no title why does Zara Phillips go by Phillips and not Tindall? I could see if she was titled but it seems odd that her, her husband and children, don't share a family name.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Horthy View Post
Since she has no title why does Zara Phillips go by Phillips and not Tindall? I could see if she was titled but it seems odd that her, her husband and children, don't share a family name.
She uses Phillips just in a professional capacity - as many women choose to do. In her private life though, I believe she uses Tindall.

Not that it would make much difference to the press - they would still refer to her as Phillips regardless.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

The British Monarchy website refers to her, when it needs to refer to her at all, as Mrs Michael Tindall. She does use Mike's name but when competing professionally or working for her sponsors she uses her maiden name as do many women these days. Mia is Mia Tindall.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...irstbaby1.aspx

Mrs Michael Tindall today safely delivered a baby girl at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital. Mr Tindall was present at the birth. The weight of the baby was 7lbs 12oz.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/ThecurrentRo...andfamily.aspx

Zara married Mr Mike Tindall in July 2011 and they have one daughter, Miss Mia Tindall who was born in January 2014. Zara also won a silver medal at the London 2012 Olympics and was presented with her medal by The Princess Royal.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It takes a brave man to ignore the advice of his future mother-in-law ahead of the wedding day.

But that’s exactly what Mike Tindall did when Princess Anne told him to get his nose fixed.

Once described as “a relief map of the Pennines”, the eight-times broken conk has its own Facebook appreciation page and has even been mocked by the Queen.

Now – four years after marrying Zara Phillips – Rugby Union World Cup winner Mike is finally on the verge of having that wrecked schnoz straightened.

Despite a burgeoning TV career, the 36-year-old insists the operation is for health, not vanity, reasons.

But he admits he and Zara cannot go anywhere without him – and said appendage – being spotted.
Read more: Mike Tindall on Zara and life after rugby: I'm finally fixing my nose because I can't breathe properly - 3am & Mirror Online
Old 08-11-2015, 05:50 PM
Courtier

Rudolph, not for the first time, I salute you! Do you think we will recognize him when the nose has been changed?
Old 08-11-2015, 05:59 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^ At almost 6'4 and 240lbs he'll be hard to miss lol. It will be interesting to see if he just repairs the nose or does a bit of cosmetic touchup.

Mike is making more and more television appearances so maybe he wants to straighten out the kinks.
Old 08-11-2015, 06:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Good on him I don't know how he could breathe with that nose has anyone seen a photo of him before. Would be interesting to see

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 08-11-2015, 07:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
^^^ At almost 6'4 and 240lbs he'll be hard to miss lol. It will be interesting to see if he just repairs the nose or does a bit of cosmetic touchup.

Mike is making more and more television appearances so maybe he wants to straighten out the kinks.
As a woman facing nasal surgery for medical reasons I can tell you that the last thing on my mind is the cosmetic implications but I have seen photographs of people who have had the same surgery and the change has been incredible.
Old 08-12-2015, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I hadn't realised that Mike had breathing problems because of his nose. It's good that he's finally going to get it fixed, I hope his surgery will be successful. People will still recognise them because they are Mike and Zara after surgery though, as Zara is well known in Britain for her involvement with sports and the Olympics, and not just because of her royal connections. But hopefully there will be less comments about his nose!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-12-2015, 02:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

phil dampier ‏@phildampier 11h11 hours ago
Mike Tindall, who is apparently getting his nose fixed, says wife Zara Phillips is more romantic than him. Surprising!

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-12-2015, 04:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Hope that this will help Mike with his breathing issues.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:06 PM
Majesty

I think that Mike must have had enough of his probelms with breathing... maybe he thought he could handle that, but now they have probably worsened... It amuses me the fact that he feels the need to say that it is not for vanity that he is going to do this... If there is one thing that I can't connect with Micahel Tindall, is ideed vanity!
Old 08-13-2015, 09:26 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

August 13: Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall take part in the Artemis Challenge in Cowes.
Getty Images Gallery

Get a cabin! Zara and Mike put on a romantic display as they take ship ahead of a charity yacht race in rainy Cowes | Daily Mail Online

http://www.artemischallenge.com/news...s_challenge_at

Their vessel came in 15th out of 16 yachts.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:20 AM
Majesty

Ha! I had to chuckle at the suggestion of getting a cabin! Like they did something outrageous: it was merely a mild display of affection... I've seen worse! LOL

Disapointed to hear their vessel placed only 15th
Old 08-14-2015, 08:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Ha! I had to chuckle at the suggestion of getting a cabin! Like they did something outrageous: it was merely a mild display of affection... I've seen worse! LOL Disapointed to hear their vessel placed only 15th
One advantage of Mike's nose is that I doubt it gets in the way much...