The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-01-2014, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall and Family Current events: January 2011-

Not only is Zara is more famous than Peter, but Mike Tindall is famous in his own right.

It is probably a safe assumption that William was one of the godparents since there really weren't other extended family members that we saw.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 12-01-2014, 02:17 PM
Majesty

i wonder how zara and mike chose cherington to do mia's christening. i guess it's close to gatcombe, but wonder if they have any connections with the village or simply like it...

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-01-2014, 02:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

I wish they would at least make an official statement about it. If William is Mia's Godparent, then I think it should be officially stated that he is. It appears that it wasn't a big family gathering like George's Christening.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I wish they would at least make an official statement about it. If William is Mia's Godparent, then I think it should be officially stated that he is. It appears that it wasn't a big family gathering like George's Christening.
Was George's christening a big family gathering? Other than the grandparents, great-grandparents and parents' siblings there were no other family members present (Zara was there as a godparent). We don't know who was present at Mia's christening but from the reporting it sounds as if there was very little difference.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
Was George's christening a big family gathering? Other than the grandparents, great-grandparents and parents' siblings there were no other family members present (Zara was there as a godparent). We don't know who was present at Mia's christening but from the reporting it sounds as if there was very little difference.
To me, that was a nice big family gathering for George's Christening.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-01-2014, 03:11 PM
Majesty

That's true... I think for George it was exprected a bigger gathering (due to his position). If W&K had a "modest" baptism for the a king-to-be I understand Mia's one...
Old 12-01-2014, 03:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

By royal standards George's was very modest for a future king.

William and Harry had everyone there at their baptisms but George had no extended family at all.

Mia's, if this is what it was, was the same as the other great-grandchildren - the parents, siblings of parents, grandparents, great-grandparents and godparents.

George's was the strange one as he is the future King and there was virtually no coverage at all - when you compare the coverage of William and even Charles it was very low key.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Were the Kents and Gloucesters and Princess Margaret's family at William's christening? If not, you have the same people at William's, George's and Mia's christening- great grandparents, grandparents, siblings of parents and godparents. Except with William - Charles and Diana have more siblings and 3 of them are married at the time compared to the smaller siblings numbers in the next generation.

Old 12-01-2014, 06:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

IIRC the extended royal family wasn't at William's christening. Only Princess Alexandra of Kent was there as godmother. So while George's christening seemed low-key, it really wasn't much different than William's. The only immediate differences I can think of are the location as well as the fact that William had one foreign royal godparent (who obviously is a friend of the family, but still very suiting for a future king and I had hoped they would have done the same with George).

Old 12-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Remember HM, Princess Anne and William's schedule aren't the only ones Zara and Mike had to work around. I am assuming they had respective friends and teammates from the two Worlds of Equestrian and Rugby as Godparents. That's three groups of people w/busy schedules to have to try find a date that works for all.

When we got to mid Summer and no Christening Announcement, I thought either it was done privately or they were having trouble finding a date to work for all. Would love a picture, but also won't be surprised not to see one either.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 01-17-2015, 11:10 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Devoted parents Zara Phillips MBE and Mike Tindall are pulling out all the stops for their daughter's first birthday.
Mia Grace Tindall, the youngest member of the royal family who is 16th in line to the throne, turns one on Saturday.
And her father Mike, 36, who is currently in training for an appearance on Channel 4 reality show The Jump, is taking a break from filming in Austria to fly home for the occasion.
Happy Birthday Mia! As Zara Phillips' daughter turns one, FEMAIL looks back at a busy year for the youngest member of the royal family* | Daily Mail Online

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-26-2015, 03:23 AM
Administrator

Extremely cute new pics of Mia were taken yesterday, January 25. Zara and her daughter attended the Heythrop Hunt Point-to-Point horse racing meet at Cocklebarrow Racecourse:

** gettyimages gallery ** markstewartphotography **

** mirror.co.uk: Zara Phillips and daughter Mia show off matching hats at horse racing **

** dailymail: It's the family business! Zara Phillips takes baby daughter Mia Grace to watch..**
Old 01-26-2015, 05:26 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Mike Tindall is about to take part in the reality TV series The Jump on channel 4. Lady Victoria Hervey is also taking part as well as several members of boy bands, other reality shows and one of Sir Paul McCartney's ex wives.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can't get over how much the three Granddaughters of Princess Anne all look alike at this age. Those Windsor genes are strong ones. 😊. Mia certainly looked like she was enjoying herself on her day out w/Mum. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 01-27-2015, 01:50 AM
Royal Highness

Mia looks very lovely and pretty but I do not think she resembles her cousins.

I think Savannah & Isla are a mixture of their mother and father.

Sometimes they look like Autumn and sometimes like Peter.

I think Savannah and Isla have lighter complexions and rosier cheeks and face.

Mia has a darker complexion. Her hair and eyebrows appear darker and thicker.

Pictures 9 & 10 are real cute.

Zara Phillips takes cute daughter Mia Tindall out to equestrian event - hellomagazine.com
Old 01-27-2015, 07:49 AM
Majesty

Mia is definitely turning into a lovely little girl! I agree with Queen Camilla, can't see any resemblance with her couysins!
Old 01-27-2015, 07:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Mike Tindall: Zara and I don't care what the royals think about our magazine deals - Telegraph
Quote:
When Zara and Mike Tindall sold the first photographs of their newborn daughter to a glossy magazine for a six-figure sum they invoked significant controversy.

Many questioned whether it was appropriate for a senior member of the Royal Family to be selling such personal information, and the decision certainly risked irritating the Queen.

But Tindall, 36, has revealed that the couple care little about what the Royal Family thinks of their sponsorship deals and television commitments.

Although their opinion is always taken into account when they make business decisions, the former England rugby captain said that essentially, they do what they want, regardless.

“They’re separate from us; we run our own life,” he told Radio Times.

Asked whether they considered how such things might reflect on the royals, he added: “That would always come up, yes, of course, but ultimately it’s what we want to do first.”

Tindall said the Royal Family did not give them any money and that he and his wife, a professional equestrian, “look after themselves”
Old 01-27-2015, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

I think, generally speaking, people accept Zara and Mike's sponsorship deals and I do not recall much, if any, controversy with any magazine deals since Peter and Autumn's wedding. I'm surprised Mike was so frank and open about it, but he obviously didn't dodge the questions!
Yeas and years ago, Princess Anne did an interview with Hello!, so her family's association with that particular magazine goes back a long way.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:05 PM
Serene Highness

I completely agree with mike's comments, he and Zara are both professional sportspeople and so are sponsored in the same way as their 'colleagues' are. However I'm surprised he's talking so openly about it as it may just raise a media backlash and they might start getting stick for the deals they have. They do seem to have escaped any media criticism of it so far! People in glass houses throwing stones and all that!!
Old 01-27-2015, 02:49 PM
Heir Apparent

I think what got Peter and Autumn in trouble was pictures that included the other royals especially Harry, Chelsy and Kate without asking beforehand.

The pictures that Mike and Zara did for Hello with baby Mia were fine. However, I could see the royals upset if they sold pictures from Mia's birthday party with the Queen and Prince George there without Royal approval as an example.