The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-25-2016, 08:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Just seeing this, terrible, terrible news and at Christmas!

Old 12-25-2016, 08:33 AM
Serene Highness

I'm SO glad they didn't try to 'run the gauntlet' of Sandringham Church wellwisher's this morning. They need privacy at this time, not Public scrutiny [no matter how well intended]

Old 12-25-2016, 10:01 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
And that's the very thing a couple don't want to hear when they have lost a baby. It's not a matter of oh well try again. You need to grieve for that baby

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I said it was sad, and they will obviously grieve for their baby. But usally something is seriously wrong when the body terminates the pregnancy, what may make it easier to accept. They will have another baby and everything will be fine.
Old 12-25-2016, 10:40 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I said it was sad, and they will obviously grieve for their baby. But usally something is seriously wrong when the body terminates the pregnancy, what may make it easier to accept. They will have another baby and everything will be fine.
I agree. Unless the mother has a disorder, which doesn't seem likely in this case since little Mia is in the world, then miscarriages are usually the result of chromosomal abnormalities or other defects in the fetus. This is mother nature's way of being humane and helping to insure quality of life.

It's estimated that 10%-25% of pregnancies end in miscarriages. Miscarriages and healthy babies go hand and hand. I guess the practical side of me doesn't see this as some disaster, but merely a temporary road block. Hopefully, their next pregnancy will have a more fortunate outcome, and go full-term, with them having a healthy baby.

I do feel sorry that they already made the pregnancy public, though. Now they will probably be asked questions by the media in the future, example when the announce their next pregnancy - " Is this bittersweet for you?". And they will have to deal with well-meaning but annoying fans expressing their 'condolences'.
Old 12-25-2016, 12:21 PM
Majesty

Yes its unfortunate that it happened only weeks after they announced it. But it's true that our bodies are clever. Nature is clever and I'm sure it is for the best. Wouldn't it be worse to give birth to a baby with health issues, who will suffer and make his/ her parents suffer too. I hope Zara and mike heal soon.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-25-2016, 12:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
And that's the very thing a couple don't want to hear when they have lost a baby. It's not a matter of oh well try again. You need to grieve for that baby

I agree with Rob.
While it technically is completely true what you say, Duke. At this moment it really is NOT something you want to hear. You are mourning your current child, not anticipating your potential next one.
I gave birth to two lovely girls, but the two little-ones I lost will always be in my mind and heart.
Old 12-25-2016, 12:43 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
To the parents, a miscarriage is something that happens unexpectedly for the most part and out of the blue. It is a considerable shock and a huge loss as most likely plans were in the works for this child as possible names.

People say what they honestly feel and the consolation of words of hope for a future pregnancy does sometimes console. Thinking about this, if I was close to Zara and wanted to offer a shoulder of comfort, I think I would have said something like "The time just wasn't right yet. This soul had some work as a Christmas Angel to accomplish first before becoming your child."

I lost a baby (my second pregnancy) on Mother's Day one year and the very odd comfort I had was that the roses my oldest (via Dad) gave me consisted of a fully bloomed rose but the other rose was a bud that never opened. It wasn't planned that way at all. It just happened.
Old 12-25-2016, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Sometimes it's not about condolences but just being there. Words aren't going to do much right now. Just offering them whatever they need right now, a shoulder, Kleenex, prayer, a laugh, is the best you can do.
Old 12-25-2016, 02:11 PM
Aristocracy

Such a horrible news
There are no words to ease this pain
Old 12-25-2016, 04:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Fabiola had five Miscarriages .
Old 12-25-2016, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

It has been reported inthe Uk that they stayed at home at Gatcombe.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-25-2016, 06:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
It has been reported inthe Uk that they stayed at home at Gatcombe.
The best they could do obviously.
Old 12-25-2016, 07:44 PM
Majesty

It most likely was under doctor's orders that Zara is resting with her feet up. Its what she needs right now as she adjusts to the loss not only physically but mentally and emotionally too.
Old 12-25-2016, 07:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

It is also possible that she may have to go into hospital to have the fetus removed. That is what a colleague of mine had to do and due to a range of issues she couldn't have that done for over a week after she was told the baby was dead in the womb. She stayed at home during the time she was waiting to go into hospital and then for the three days afterwards so was off work for over two weeks.
Old 12-25-2016, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

We obviously don't know the circumstances, but do know that it was not an early miscarriage, which is quite common and easier. Second trimester miscarriages are much rarer and could be caused by many factors besides chromosomal abnormalities
Old 12-25-2016, 08:24 PM
Majesty

For the most part, a D&C (dilation and curettage) is a standard procedure done after a first trimester miscarriage. It is to ensure that everything associated with the failed pregnancy is removed and the uterus is returned to normal. It would stand to reason it would be even more important to have if the pregnancy progressed beyond the first trimester.
Old 12-25-2016, 09:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
We obviously don't know the circumstances, but do know that it was not an early miscarriage, which is quite common and easier. Second trimester miscarriages are much rarer and could be caused by many factors besides chromosomal abnormalities
I'm not sure we do know that it was a second trimester miscarriage. They said the baby was due in late Spring, Spring ends June 20, 2017. It sounds like the miscarriage could of happened at the end of the first, or the very start of the second.
Old 12-25-2016, 09:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I'm not sure we do know that it was a second trimester miscarriage. They said the baby was due in late Spring, Spring ends June 20, 2017. It sounds like the miscarriage could of happened at the end of the first, or the very start of the second.
She announced her pregnsncy. Other than among family, that is rarely done before the three month mark. Especially among public figures. For this very reason. Once you pass three months danger of miscarriage lessons. She announced almost a month ago. If she was just past the three month mark, she would have been due end of May, early June which would have very much been a late spring baby.
Old 12-26-2016, 01:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know if anyone else thinks like I do but I find this discussion distasteful. They have lost a baby which is heart breaking for them I don't think we need to discuss the ins and outs of what happens. We are starting to read like the DM.

Old 12-26-2016, 02:23 AM
Majesty

I agree. The statement was issued that she miscarried. Anything else is between her and her family and her doctor. We don't need to know any more than that.