Zara and Mike Tindall Expecting A Baby

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such happy news! So glad for them both.

Such happy news after last years sadness.

Congrats!

I hope all goes well this time.

AHA! I wondered if they were going to make an announcement soon after seeing some of her recent clothing.

Great news!

LaRae

When is she due? In June?
Maybe the thread: Name suggestions for Zara's second child" be unblocked now?

Last edited:
Yes, two lovely new babies and a wedding this year, great news Wonderful! Congrats to Zara and Mike.

Congratulations for the Tindalls. I bet they are jumping up and down with joy right now! ?

Last edited:
AHA! I wondered if they were going to make an announcement soon after seeing some of her recent clothing.

Great news!

LaRae

Me too! I was pretty sure when I saw the Australia photos last week. I'm very happy for them.

Well, jumping could rather be harmful for Zara now :)
To the category of "successful news" we can add also the fact, that HM The Queen and HRH the Duke of Edinburgh are still here to live their Platinum Anniversary'; so few couples have this luck.
As for Zara and Harry's engagement - I am sure she is happy for him.

Oh, I forgot:
Congrats not only to future parents and big sister but also for grandparents and great-grandparents!

Just for curiosity: Is Mike an only child? His bigraphy in English Wikipedia does not mention his siblings.

Last edited:
Great news at the start of the new year, very happy for them!

Well, jumping could rather be harmful for Zara now :)
To the category of "successful news" we can add also the fact, that HM The Queen and HRH the Duke of Edinburgh are still here to live their Platinum Anniversary'; so few couples have this luck.
As for Zara and Harry's engagement - I am sure she is happy for him.

I agree - only happy news from the BRF up to now!

Last edited:
Well, last year, we had two "good news" (third pregnancy of Kate and Harry's engagement)

It is shaping up to be an exciting year. I wonder how close her due date is to Kate's?

For me, this announcement outshines the wedding announcement by far.
I am SO happy for them and keep my fingers really crossed for everything to go fine.
I already suspected a pregnancy when I saw the recent pictures ??

It is shaping up to be an exciting year. I wonder how close her due date is to Kate's?

I think she will be heavily pregnant on her cousin's wedding (last trimester definitely)
But I am a bit surprised that her gynecologist allowed her to travel for such a long distance (from the UK to Australia - at least two plane changes), considering her age (35+) and previous miscarriage.

I think she will be heavily pregnant on her cousin's wedding (last trimester definitely)
But I am a bit surprised that her gynecologist allowed her to travel for such a long distance (from the UK to Australia - at least two plane changes), considering her age (35+) and previous miscarriage.

I was thinking the same. I would be taking no chances if I was her.

Great news!

LaRae
Yes me too. I saw those pics and thought... she looks pregnant or she's gained weight. I erred on the pregnant side :) So happy for them after last years sad news.

Uh.... I'm confused.... why would her gynecologist be concerned? At this point she's only about 3 - 4 months in. Don't know what the rules are where you are, but here in North America most gynecologists would restrict flying at 8 months. I would think it's the same in the UK. Besides, at 35+ age, she's fine and perfectly healthy so I don't see a problem.

Congrats to the Tindalls. It's wonderful news after the heartbreaking news last time.

As for those concerned because of her age and last miscarriage. I'm sure she's cleared it with her doctor beforehand. Most women who are 35+ and pregnant can still fly. And we don't know what happened last time, so we don't if that's actually a factor here.

Maybe she's 5 or 6 months along and everything looks good to the doctor.

Good news indeed!

Wonderful New Years news,congratulations to Zara and Mike!

I’ve got a feeling she could be 20ish weeks as I’m sure they would have waited as long as possible to announce. Could even have a due date around the same time as Kate.

When she was pregnant with Mia she was riding/showing well into her pregnancy. I would imagine she's still riding even now. Flying shouldn't be a big concern.

LaRae

The eventing season in the U.K. runs March to October. So she is probably not going to compete this year unless she enters some events late in the season. Riding a horse and riding said horse over a cross country course is two different things. The olympics aren’t until 2020 so she will have time to try to make the team for Tokyo after the baby comes.

IIRC, and I am not sure, she didn't event while pregnant with Mia. I just recall show jumping and dressage. She's probably doing the usual routine riding at this point.

It will be interesting to see if she tries for the Olympic team and if she can make it if she does.

LaRae

Fabulous new to the start of a new year!

With Mia, she announced the pregnancy in June, did some eventing at first, then announced she wasn’t going to compete any further in July until post-pregnancy, but continued doing dressage in August.

This pregnancy will likely be different just because of the timing - with Mia she announced midway through the season, and was able to be back in the saddle early on in the following season.

This time round it might be harder to compete in the season because she’s pregnant earlier in the season. She’s likely to be in good form for next year though.

Not sure when qualifications for the 2020 Olympics are though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom