Zara and Mike Tindall Expecting A Baby

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because a name is popular now doesn't make it 'faddy' or not classic. Classic names are becoming extremely popular, even very old fashioned names, in the past few years.

To be clear, I am talking about names in Great Britain; more particularly England and Wales as Scotland tends to differ to some degree, with some names being more localised there. So what I am saying may not be true for other Anglophone countries.

Classic names are always popular in the sense that they occur regularly through the decades. They may not always be in the top twenty, or even the top fifty, but they are still there in some number.

Some names go out of fashion because they have been popular in the previous two generations. Parents tend to avoid giving names that were common in their own generation and that of their parents. They look rather to names from their grandparents' and great-grandparents' generations, and so those "old-fashioned" names come around again.

When a name suddenly becomes enormously popular without much in the way of precedence, I would see it as a fad, and those names will date.

To be clear, I am talking about names in Great Britain; more particularly England and Wales as Scotland tends to differ to some degree, with some names being more localised there. So what I am saying may not be true for other Anglophone countries.

Classic names are always popular in the sense that they occur regularly through the decades. They may not always be in the top twenty, or even the top fifty, but they are still there in some number.

Some names go out of fashion because they have been popular in the previous two generations. Parents tend to avoid giving names that were common in their own generation and that of their parents. They look rather to names from their grandparents' and great-grandparents' generations, and so those "old-fashioned" names come around again.

When a name suddenly becomes enormously popular without much in the way of precedence, I would see it as a fad, and those names will date.

Yet all your 'faddy names' are classic, and by that I mean in the UK, names. They aren't these 'new trendy' names. Just because they aren't as dead boring as George, doesn't make them untraditional in the UK. Looking at my own family tree (1/4 English, 2/4 Irish and plenty of Scottish and Welsh throughout the tree) many of those names are well found. Perhaps maybe just not in your small pocket.

Mia as a first name is newer true, 1960's popular as an official name. But has been used as nickname for Maria/Amelia and so on for many centuries. Like Molly having been used for hundreds of years as a nickname for Mary, but later becoming popular as a given name itself.

I don't think anything official was ever said about a due date. There was just an announcement that they were expecting a second child. The media speculated summer, since that would be the timing if they announced at 3 months.

Most of us thought Zara was more likely at least 4 1/2 to 5 months along, since she had a miscarriage a few weeks after announcing the last time.

no, I don't believe they gavea due date.... Probably because of the miscarriage last time, they didn't announce until a bit later in the pregnancy than usual....

We all guessed she was pregnant at Xmas before it was announced so I think she is further ahead

Yet all your 'faddy names' are classic, and by that I mean in the UK, names. They aren't these 'new trendy' names. Just because they aren't as dead boring as George, doesn't make them untraditional in the UK. Looking at my own family tree (1/4 English, 2/4 Irish and plenty of Scottish and Welsh throughout the tree) many of those names are well found. Perhaps maybe just not in your small pocket.

Mia as a first name is newer true, 1960's popular as an official name. But has been used as nickname for Maria/Amelia and so on for many centuries. Like Molly having been used for hundreds of years as a nickname for Mary, but later becoming popular as a given name itself.

Our personal definitions of "classic" and "faddy" clearly differ.

What do you mean by my "small pocket"? I base my observations and opinions on official statistics and not, as you imply, on people I have personally encountered.

So another guess - a healthy baby in June.
Girl: Philippa Rose or Rose Phillips
Boy: Philip Mark James

Charles suggested Zara as a name to his sister because of her unexpected arrival. I do think this part of the family does not feel they have to pick traditional names.

So I would not be surprised to see this baby be given a name with meaning for the family. Which could well be Philip for a boy. Or something else innovative.

For a boy use Ralph as a middle name. Mike's great-great-grandfather is Ralph Ryder.

I don't think anything official was ever said about a due date. There was just an announcement that they were expecting a second child. The media speculated summer, since that would be the timing if they announced at 3 months.

When my mom was pregnant with my youngest brother, she found out after missing one period in July, and then told my dad the night before their 19th wedding anniversary the third week of August but no one else until after her 16-week ultrasound and amnio in October (she had just turned 43 when she found out, hence the amnio). We went to our cottage the week Dad found out, and Mom cleverly hid it from my dad’s parents by drinking water in a wine glass! When she did tell the rest of the family, my grandpa (somehow) knew the baby was a boy, even though my parents didn’t find out until the big day. Mom went into labour 10 weeks and 4 days early due to a slow abruption, and ended up having a C-section the next afternoon. Matthew was born at 29w4d on January 20, 1996 weighing 1621 grams or 3 pounds 9 ounces; robust for a baby born at just shy of 30 weeks. He was home 2 1/2 weeks before his due date of April 3, and is today 22 years old, 6 foot 1, and completely unscathed from his early arrival and our mom’s age when he was born.

She will be probably heavily pregnant at her cousin's wedding.

Mike Tindell on the radio talking about his charity event today let slip Zara is 8.5 months pregnant.

So she can give birth any day now, can she?

They'll be there at the wedding tomorrow, won't they?

I really hope she is there as well but if she is 8,5 gone I doubt it !

I think it will depend on how Zara is feeling. Most likely though, she will be one of the guests that arrives at St. George's Chapel by car rather than walking. :D

She will attend if she feels well. Let’s not forget that Princess Madeleine attended her brother’s wedding and gave birth the next morning. Happy times!

I really hope she is there as well but if she is 8,5 gone I doubt it !

Princess Madeleine of Sweden attended her brother's wedding and gave birth within days so no reason why Zara can't attend, unless her doctor advises her otherwise.

I agree, it all depends on how Zara is feeling. If she feels good and isn't too uncomfortable, no reason not to attend.

I hope to see Zara at the wedding, but who knows? When I was 8.5 months pregnant I was still doing most things, but at that point I'm not sure if I could have sat through an entire wedding service without easy access to a restroom at frequent intervals.

Might be they just haven't announced the birth yet. She could have gone completely under the radar.

Well I would not be surprised if there will be no official announcement at all.
They are private persons.

Well I would not be surprised if there will be no official announcement at all.
They are private persons.

Unlikely.. Wasn’t there an announcement when her first daughter was born ?

Lumutqueen - you just got my hopes up! I saw the preview for your post without quotes and thought that there’d been a confirmation from BP about this baby that I’d missed.

BP most likely will announce the birth. Regardless of Zara and Mike being non-royal and private citizens, the baby is still going to be the Queen's great grandchild. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom