Zara and Mike Tindall and Family News and Events 2: January 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know Harry was already a godfather. Are the names of his godchildren known ???

Harry said in an interview at one point he has 6 godchildren I think. We know four of them.

three were in his wedding:
-Jasper Dyer
-Zalie Warren
-Florence Van Cutsem

And he is also godfather to Tiggy's older son Fred. Since Fred is 16, he was a bit too old obviously.

Last edited:
I had no idea that Lena had not yet been baptized. It was nice to see the Family gathering for this event, including her maternal grandfather. Why are Mike's parents not present?
Meghan looked tired.

They may have been--we only know who was shown in the photographs the DM chose to publish.

I assume others were there and just not photographed. I'd be shocked if both sets of grandparents weren't. And Peter and Autumn.

The pics with Mike and Lena are so sweet!

LaRae

I think the service was actually on March 17, not 16.

Per the story: "Parish councillor Kate Gegg said she had attended morning service at the church and had no idea the royals were about to arrive. ‘The vicar didn’t say anything about it,’ she added."

The church doesn't have a Saturday service, according to their calendar: https://www.achurchnearyou.com/church/14319/service-and-events/calendar/2019/3/

And everybody was kinda busy on Saturday with the rugby

Oh that picture of Mike Tindall holding Lena is so precious! One can tell he's a very loving father.

That church, St Nicholas Church in Cherington, is absolutely beautiful. Its everything I would imagine an old countryside church to be. I prefer churches like this over any of the ornate abbeys and cathedrals or the modern glass and metal ones.

Is this their local parish church? Was Mia christened in the same church?

Mia was christened at St Nicholas Church in the village of Cherington.

LaRae

Peter's girls were christened here too it is only minutes away from Gatcombe Park.

It seems that Savannah spotted the paparazzi :lol:
It looks like a lovely christening and I'm glad that it was still quite private given the amount of senior royals in attendance. The Cambridges always attend St. Patrick's Day without fail so am not surprised to see their absence.

:previous:
This weekend really wasn’t the best time for many royals, Anne, Tim and Harry had engagements on Saturday and Charles, Camilla, William and Catherine on Sunday. The first group was essential, so Sunday it was. I expect the Cambridge family joined them in the afternoon.
I’m actually surprised Mike had a Christening on a big rugby weekend.

The rugby was on Saturday so Sunday was free.

Most CoE churches hold Christenings on a Sunday after or during the normal Sunday services.

Did Lena wear the replica of the Honiton christening gown that has been used by many royal babies?

Yes, Lena wore the traditional Royal christening robe.

Didn't she and her Daddy's little snuggle-fest melt your heart? Big Mike holding a silk, Honiton lace and satin bebibboned gorgeous ber

Didn't she and her Daddy's little snuggle-fest melt your heart? Big Mike holding a silk, Honiton lace and satin bebibboned gorgeous ber

Exactly. That is why I inquired if it was the replica of the christening gown.

I would imagine a Big Mike hug is also part of the attraction for Zara. ;)

He is a very affectionate father in public and it seems genuine. I hope so. I want this family to thrive for a very long time. :flowers:

The photo of Mike with Lena were the best. Such a sweet daddy/daughter moment. :flowers:

But you can see he is the kind of dad who might look like a bear, but he is a teddy when it comes to his daughters. I always love the photos of him and Mia when they are out watching Zara ride. Its always clear Mia has daddy wrapped around her little finger. And now Lena has joined that.

Always liked this couple. Zara looks content whenever he is around and he very pleased with his family life. Couple raised completely different and finding such love. Yes, that is lovely.

Great to see Zara on horse and the family out to support her :flowers:

I love seeing Mia with her Aunt/Uncle/cousins. They always seem to have so much fun together. Mia is sure changing a lot. She is no longer a toddler in looks, she is turning into a real little girl.

Love the photo of Mia with the leash in her mouth :lol: The black lab is Peter's dog. Is the other dog in the photo Anne's? Its not one of her bull terriers (see one was with her). I don't know if she has other breeds.

Really lovely photos of the family and it was great to see the interactions between the children; especially Savannah and Mia. They seem like a very "ordinary" family and look just like any other young family having a day outside together. Love the photos of Savannah with the dog, too, she seems to have inherited the royal love for dogs. It's nice to see a bit more of a close up of baby Lena too, she looks a lot like Mia IMO.

Love this photo of Mia giving the icecream company some design tips! :D

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Episode 21 of House of Rugby Mike & Zara Tindall

Interesting pretty long (1 hour) talk with the Tindalls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom