Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence News and Information: October 2005-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kelly1972

Aristocracy
City
St. Catharines
Country
Canada
Does anyone really have any any interesting info on the Princess Anne's husband Tim Laurence. Not a lot is ever written about him. He does spend a lot of time however, supporting his wife at equestrian meets and public engagement and so forth. What do they have in common?

I have heard some things about Tim Laurence, and not all are flattering. I have read that he has become more "royal" than the royals, but not as bad as Princess Michael is.

He met Princess Anne while he was an equerry to The Queen. They passed love letters which were stolen from Princess Anne's briefcase. The letters were shown to all the tabloids and all of the world knew Anne had her own lover just as her then husband had many of his own. It had been rumored that the Phillips' marriage had been bad for several years, and this was the icing on the cake. They soon separated after this incident.

When the divorce became final 2 years later, Princess Anne wed Laurence in Scotland where a church wedding was possible. It was reported that The Queen had to place pressure upon the Queen Mum to attend. The Queen Mum was adamantly anti-divorce and didn't countenance remarriage unless one was a widow/widower.

I just recently found out that he shares a love of yachting and sailing with his wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im sure I read long time ago , that things werent happy in Anns and Tim's marriage
did any one else read that somewhere as well?

sm1939 said:
Im sure I read long time ago , that things werent happy in Anns and Tim's marriage
did any one else read that somewhere as well?
Yes. I read that the royals found him boring? i dont remember the whole story but it was sumthhing about him being young and still being able to break up with Princess anne and hav kids..i dunno it was reallly complicated

I read, I think somewhere on the internet that Tim felt like the royals, especially Charles, still treated him like a member of staff rather than a member of the family and that he felt uneasy being around them.

Recently, he and Princess Anne were touring lighthouses as a hobby.

Warren has made at least two requests to keep this thread on topic and not get derailed into discussions about Judaism. It appears that some people don't think moderator requests are worth paying attention to. Those people are asking for a strong reality check if they carry on ignoring moderator requests to stop derailing threads.

Since the off-topic posts were beginning to dominate the thread, I've deleted them. Please don't start this digression up again.

Elspeth

Royal Forums administrator

Last edited:
Timothy Laurence

What do we know about the man, his background, career, marriage etc. where does he live and so forth. Do we have any pictures?!

Please write and post!:D

Thanks oppie, does anyone have more info, what is their marriage like, his relationship with her kids etc.

auntie said:
Thanks oppie, does anyone have more info, what is their marriage like, his relationship with her kids etc.

Just judging by pictures Peter at least seems to get along fine with him. :)

They appear for the most part to live seperate lives so to speak. Tim works at Whitehall and Princess Anne has her charity work.

The Queen won't allow them to divorce, so I think they're just trying to make a go of it.

But Tim is very close to his step-children, Zara in particular. He usually attends all of her horse events when possible.

How old is he? When did he marry Princess Anne?

Elspeth said:
Warren has made at least two requests to keep this thread on topic and not get derailed into discussions about Judaism. It appears that some people don't think moderator requests are worth paying attention to. Those people are asking for a strong reality check if they carry on ignoring moderator requests to stop derailing threads.

Since the off-topic posts were beginning to dominate the thread, I've deleted them. Please don't start this digression up again.

Elspeth

Royal Forums administrator

I really don't want to ignore your request, Elspeth, but I am very curious why people were discussing Judaism in connection with Tim Laurence. is he a convert to that religion? I'd really like to know.

Tim Laurence was born in March 1955. So he just celebrated his 50th birthday this year.

Does anyone have more info about the stolen letters between Anne and Tim that appeared c. 1989 in the newspapers? Were direct quotes printed?

pollyemma said:
I really don't want to ignore your request, Elspeth, but I am very curious why people were discussing Judaism in connection with Tim Laurence. is he a convert to that religion? I'd really like to know.

Someone said Tim Laurence was Jewish, although there doesn't seem to be any information to back that up. It led to quite a digression about Jews, Germans, and all sorts of other off-topic stuff.

I agree Tim Laurence deserves his own thread on the Forum!

I don't admittedly know much about him, but from tv footage I hav e seen, I have only one overwhelming impression of him: he seems to ooze a quiet dignity, no matter what he's doing.

I remember footage a few years back when the entire royal fam. was on the Buckingham Palace balcony watching (I think it was trooping the color, not sure). Anyways, at some point, either Eugenie or Beatrice--again not sure which one of Andrew's daughters--, who was standing next to Tim, started to faint/actually fainted. And I have to say, the way Tim L. behaved in that situation, quietly but decisively stepping up to the plate and basically catching the poor girl, and the expression of concern on his face---watching that, made me like and admire Anne's husband a great deal. He came across as so without any sense of pretense, so genuine..

Anyone else seen the footage I'm talking about? Might have been the mid-nineties..

The event you're referring to was during the Remembrance Sunday service in 1999 or 2000. :) It was Princess Beatrice that appeared to faint.

Such a shame that they live so called seperate lives, does anyone know how they met? anything about Tim's background?

Can one donate a personality? I'd glady undergo a transplant with Tim. He never seems to have any life to him. He hardly ever speaks, he just stands. Stock still. Very strange.

Why do you guys think they are going their separate way. I know they had an adjustment period when they first married...as anyone does...but I heard they were getting along fine now. Its certainly not like the Duke and Duchess of Kent.

The chatter is Princess Anne and Tim went their separate ways about five years ago (similar to the Duke and Duchess of Kent), but stay married because the Queen will not allow Anne to divorce again. Who knows if this is still true?

Actually it was in 2002 and was neaver true. It was speculation from the press.They finally had to allow the press to take pictures of them on their yauht. They do spend alot time apart because he works full time and so does she.

auntie said:
Such a shame that they live so called seperate lives, does anyone know how they met? anything about Tim's background?

I think they met while he was working for the Queen. I believe he was an equerry.

Elspeth said:
Someone said Tim Laurence was Jewish, although there doesn't seem to be any information to back that up. It led to quite a digression about Jews, Germans, and all sorts of other off-topic stuff.

I think he has a Jewish great-great-etc. grandparent. The genealogical tie is rather distant, and he wasn't raised in the Judaic tradition.

Merging!

We have two Tim Laurence threads: Timothy Laurence, and Rear Admiral Tim Laurence, both running concurrently.

They are now merged.

Back
Top Bottom