Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence News and Information: October 2005-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:

Date was Sunday 14th November 1999

I know its not that appropriate..
But Tim Laurence could never have kids, especially after marrying Princess Anne, who had almost no chances of having kids. And he knew that very well. Still he married her. That actually means giving up really a lot to me.
But we royal watchers just cant imagine them that much in love, right.. Because we dont have pics of kissing, hugging, frolicking..So that we can glorify it as an eternal love..Just musing.Wat do u say?

vkrish said:
I know its not that appropriate..
But Tim Laurence could never have kids, especially after marrying Princess Anne, who had almost no chances of having kids. And he knew that very well. Still he married her. That actually means giving up really a lot to me.
But we royal watchers just cant imagine them that much in love, right.. Because we dont have pics of kissing, hugging, frolicking..So that we can glorify it as an eternal love..Just musing.Wat do u say?

Not everyone wants children. I agree with you that they probably have a pretty solid relationship but I disagree with the reasoning on it.

But they are still to-gether on important Events such as the State Dinner of Koweit etc..

Not everyone wants children. I agree with you that they probably have a pretty solid relationship but I disagree with the reasoning on it.

Frankly I don't believe it's all that solid.
Rumor has it their marriage has been a bit rocky for ages.

Not only the important things, also the little tnings their do together. You can´nt see it in the normal Press, only in the Court Circular. And a Picture together, no. Thats is very pity. But a picture with A. P-B then is the marrige broken:bang:.

Sorry my english is not so good:flowers:

I tend to agree that Anne and Tim have a pretty strong marriage. I've never seen anything bad about their relationship other than tabloid gossip concerning Andrew Parker-Bowles, and I'm pretty sure that's nonsense. I read a biography where Andrew was quoted saying some great things about both Anne and Tim, as well as their relationship. They just don't do PDA.

Last edited:
Thats what I am telling. We got so used to believeing that a couple is in love only if theykeep posing in front of press laughing and hugging and kissing. Anne and Tim dont do that. And they dont have to attend all events together as they are completely different paths. But these crazy bunch of idiots thought of making some merry, got a pic of her walking with APB and made a big scene out of it (I believe we all have seen that stupid article)

Thats what I am telling. We got so used to believeing that a couple is in love only if theykeep posing in front of press laughing and hugging and kissing. Anne and Tim dont do that. And they dont have to attend all events together as they are completely different paths. But these crazy bunch of idiots thought of making some merry, got a pic of her walking with APB and made a big scene out of it (I believe we all have seen that stupid article)
They have moved in the same circles for most of their lives. Nothing unusual about the photo. There is probably much more socialization among them than we know.

Frankly I don't believe it's all that solid.
Rumor has it their marriage has been a bit rocky for ages.
You are correct. The rumors have been around for a long time. Also the declaration by the Queen to her family...no more divorces... At the time it was also said if it had not been for the Queen's stand on any more divorces among her family, they would have split a long time ago.

Well gossip never goes away, but the couple seem to survive quite nicely. Anne has her official duties, which he sometimes takes part in, and Tim has had his successful naval career and now some corporate work. They also spend time on their boat together, time at Gatcombe, and time in the Highlands. Peter and Zara seem genuinely fond of him and he seems to enjoy his role as step grandfather. Anne and Tim seem to have a pretty solid and mature relationship to me despite what tabloids wrote years ago and which some people seem to want to keep current. Surely Anne, like most adults, is capable of being married to one man and still maintain a long standing friendship with someone she dated 40 years ago.
Have we not reached a point in our development where a grown man and a grown woman can be capable of a friendship without the assumption that it must be a romance?

Last edited:
I too believe Tim & Anne have a good marriage. I think Princess Anne once said that her relationship and marriage to Tim works for her.

Also, yes us guys can have female friends without romance being involved. I think Anne & Andrew are very good friends.

Anne and Tim seem quite content with one another. I sincerely hope rubbish reported on them really is rubbish.

I think this is perfect example of media/tabloids splintering public perception. Some papers in particular (I'm looking at you DW) seem ready to dismiss their marriage with a yearly photograph of Anne and APB at Royal Ascot. Yet, small details in their other reporting often gets overlooked because they don't make a big about it.

E.g Earlier in the year, some papers reported on Princess Anne's thriftiness by downgrading her room when on holiday. A whole a article reporting her thriftiness with an aside mention that she was with her husband at the time even though they are apparently on the brink of divorce. :D

I don't think any one but the couple in question really know what's going on. :lol:

Last edited:
Judging by the picture from Sandringham on Christmas with Anne with her children and Admiral Laurence with the men, I got the impression that they aren't too happy together.

By the way, I am new to posting, but I have read what all of you have posted for a long while. I have really enjoyed reading your opinions.

Judging by the picture from Sandringham on Christmas with Anne with her children and Admiral Laurence with the men, I got the impression that they aren't too happy together.

Welcome to the forums :flowers:
If you look at past Christmas pictures you'll see that's pretty much how they always walk.

They seem to lead totally separate lives which I think is sad.

She stays at Gatcombe Park or SJP. Sir Tim has a flat at Dolphin Square. They come together for public outing/events.

I wish them both happiness, but they seem to be less couple, more two individuals with totally different lives that have a piece of paper that keeps them joined together.

You always see Edward and Sophie together. Andrew has no partner, and Camilla and Charles are usually close if not walking together.

^^^^^
In their first year of marriage they both lived in the flat at Dolphin Square but gave it up after a year. BP in their London base and they both live at Gatcombe. Until 2010 Tim was a serving officer in the Royal Navy so did not often accompany his wife on her engagements but since his retirement he is fequently with her on her engagements, which is not the norm for husbands of princesses. He also has committments as a corporate director and consultant. They are known to enjoy sailing together and have been known to enjoy a quiet private weekend at small hotels in Scotland. Tim is seen with Peter and Autumn and their children at Gatcombe and seems to enjoy the role of step grand daddy. Anne and Tim appear to have a rather adult mature relationship as far as I can see and certainly don't feel the need to engage in teenage PDA which would be out of character for both of them anyway.

Last edited:
I don't want mature adults to engage in PDA. They just seem mismatched and sad to me. That's all.

They seem to lead totally separate lives which I think is sad.

She stays at Gatcombe Park or SJP. Sir Tim has a flat at Dolphin Square. They come together for public outing/events.

I wish them both happiness, but they seem to be less couple, more two individuals with totally different lives that have a piece of paper that keeps them joined together.

You always see Edward and Sophie together. Andrew has no partner, and Camilla and Charles are usually close if not walking together.

Couples differ in how they relate, especially in public. Charles and Camilla have not been married long, relatively speaking. And long married couples often have very separate interests without damaging their marriages. I think it's ridiculous to judge a marriage based on a photograph. My parents were married 56 years and joined at the hip. My aunt and uncle were married 52 years and were apart a great deal (he traveled a great deal and she was a homebody.) Both couples were happily married till death did them part.

But, even if true, that might suit them just fine and they might both be perfectly happy.

I don't think it is the case that they have totally different lives though. There are photos around of Tim with Anne's grandchildren which suggest that they have a perfectly amiable relationship with him. They might all get on like a house on fire in private and Tim and Anne might be great mates and spend lots of time together. Just because they aren't demonstrative in public means nothing. Every marriage is different. And as far as the Royals go, it's all speculation because we don't know what they do in private. Well, most of the time. Charles and Diana were the exception because towards the end it was clear from their demeanour that they couldn't stand to be anywhere near each other, but Tim and Anne don't behave like that.

I don't want mature adults to engage in PDA. They just seem mismatched and sad to me. That's all.

I agree.
I have the impression that they make some public appearances together, but the rest of the time they go their separate ways.
They act almost like strangers.

I agree.
I have the impression that they make some public appearances together, but the rest of the time they go their separate ways.
They act almost like strangers.

With all the new engagement figures that have come out recently, I did a quick search on the BM website and found that Tim has probably accompanied Anne on over 100 engagements last year, including the tour in South Africa. This is on top of the employment he has in the private sector. I think its the way they are reported on that makes it seem like they have separate lives. The are both busy individuals who do some things together and some things apart. Like any most modern couples.

I'm sure if Tim had the luscious locks of The Duchess of Cambridge and wore long flowing evening gowns like she did, he would probably get more press. :D

I'm sure if Tim had the luscious locks of The Duchess of Cambridge and wore long flowing evening gowns like she did, he would probably get more press. :D

It would be enough if his wife bought a new dress from time to time.... LOL. :lol:

Of that I have no doubt whatsoever! :ROFLMAO:

It would be enough if his wife bought a new dress from time to time.... LOL. :lol:

Aww. One of her charms if the fact that she doesn't seem to care about such things. And when we do see her in a new outfit we get very excited! :D

Last edited:
I thought Princess Anne abandoned Tim during the both Christmas services. Maybe she and Tim like some away time. The pictures of them sailing together shows how intimate they are in private.

I thought Princess Anne abandoned Tim during the both Christmas services. Maybe she and Tim like some away time. The pictures of them sailing together shows how intimate they are in private.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case with Anne and Tim. Many successful relationships work on the basis that you are busy with your own interests half the time and then spend time together on things you jointly enjoy doing. From personal experience I know for fact that my own relationship would have ended years ago had we not recognised the fact that we enjoy our own company and interests in quiet isolation knowing the other is always there to spend time with.

In regards to the ever present marriage rumours I don'tunderstand where the media get the idea they are always about to divorce becuase they "spend their lives apart". For starters they are known to go sailing together and lets face it, if you spend days or even weeks on a relatively small sailing boat together you can't hate each other that much!
To be perfectly honest I think Anne and Tim probably spend no more time part then Kate and William did when William was serving on Anglesey but obviously as Anne and Tim aren't young and glamourous thly. media report them differenty

Back
Top Bottom