Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence News and Information: October 2005-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
iowabelle said:
I think they met while he was working for the Queen. I believe he was an equerry.

Yes, Anne and Tim met while he was an equerry to the Queen.

Elspeth said:
Someone said Tim Laurence was Jewish, although there doesn't seem to be any information to back that up. It led to quite a digression about Jews, Germans, and all sorts of other off-topic stuff.

ah, I see. Thanks for 'splaining it to me.

iowabelle said:
I think he has a Jewish great-great-etc. grandparent. The genealogical tie is rather distant.
1826 to be precise.

Hi Onassis Line. Thank you for this link. Now we know why The Princess Royal and her husband, Vice-Admiral Tim Laurence are not constandly togther.
Conny

My pleasure Conny and just to add further info, albeit a year old now, Tim Laurence was made a Companion of the Order of the Bath (Military Division) at the same ceremony Zara received her MBE.

Royal Anecdotes » Tim Laurence

To those who were querying how it was known that Zara curseyed for the Queen - there's details in the link.

That link showed Zara in a very nice light, she sounded very nice and helped her companions with their curtseys. It is a bit strange that someone with a distinguished career such as Vice Admiral Laurence seemed to come as an after thought. He was mentioned though.

He is invisible to the public. I rarely see him in public pictures. Maybe the press is just not interested in him. Good for himi that his life is more private than the rest of his in-laws.

I don't think he is invisble, but he is wear a royal spouse should be. "Behind the scenes", you see more of Sophie because she is a woman, and the press take pictures so we can see what she's wearing.
Camilla is more in the focus because again she is a woman, and she's married to the Prince Of Wales.

Vice Admiral Laurence has been appointed a Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order acccording to todays Court Circular, he is now Vice-Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence, K.C.V.O., C.B., A.D.C. (P)

Vice Admiral Laurence has been appointed a Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order acccording to todays Court Circular, he is now Vice-Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence, K.C.V.O., C.B., A.D.C. (P)

Many congratulations to Tim.

Thanks for sharing this news RoyalProtocol How wonderful.

Absolutely well deserved. He seems to be a support to the Princess Royal in a similar way that Prince Philip is to the Queen. Always there in the background. He was very endearing during the races at Gatcombe when he wheeled around baby Savannah in her stroller, every bit the proud grandfather.

Absolutely well deserved. He seems to be a support to the Princess Royal in a similar way that Prince Philip is to the Queen. Always there in the background. He was very endearing during the races at Gatcombe when he wheeled around baby Savannah in her stroller, every bit the proud grandfather.

Shouldn't that be proud 'step' grandfather - the actual grandfather is Mark Philips'?

Iluvbertie said:
Shouldn't that be proud 'step' grandfather - the actual grandfather is Mark Philips'?

After almost 20 years of marriage to Anne, I would suggest that Timothy is every bit an actual grandfather as Mark...but I get your meaning! :)

Is Sir Tim still on active service with the RN? I notice recently he has been accompanying the Princess on several of her official engagements, not just state occassions, and thought perhpas he had retired from the navy.

I'm sure I've read that he has left as Chief Executive of Defence Estates and given that he is now 55/56 yrs old and as far as I know retirement in the UK armed forces in 55 I'm assuming he has retired especially as I can't find anywhere saying he has a new role in defence.

Im sure I read long time ago , that things werent happy in Anns and Tim's marriage
did any one else read that somewhere as well?

yes I have read that as well and I must admit when I saw Princess Anne in a picture with Camilla's Ex husband I did wonder if things are rocky with her marriage to Tim.

I am lynne new member from Scotland.:flowers:

yes I have read that as well and I must admit when I saw Princess Anne in a picture with Camilla's Ex husband I did wonder if things are rocky with her marriage to Tim.

I am lynne new member from Scotland.:flowers:

I think those stories were from quite some time ago, and probably resulted from his absences due to active naval service. He had quite a successful career as a naval officer. Now he has been knighted and seems to accompany the princess on a pretty regular basis. Since he is still quite a young man I wonder what type of activities he will take on as a second career.

After almost 20 years of marriage to Anne, I would suggest that Timothy is every bit an actual grandfather as Mark...but I get your meaning! :)

I think though he might literally be step grandfather Tim acts just like any granddad would.
Savannah's day out - YouTube
Lovely vid of Savannah's day out, my favourite part is around 0.37.

I believe its 4 grandfathers as Autumn has a step father as well. But its great that Tim appears to have a good relationship with his step children and their families.

That is a great video on Youtube. He absolutely looks like he adores Savannah and is very much her grandfather.

I agree Tim Laurence deserves his own thread on the Forum!

I don't admittedly know much about him, but from tv footage I hav e seen, I have only one overwhelming impression of him: he seems to ooze a quiet dignity, no matter what he's doing.

I remember footage a few years back when the entire royal fam. was on the Buckingham Palace balcony watching (I think it was trooping the color, not sure). Anyways, at some point, either Eugenie or Beatrice--again not sure which one of Andrew's daughters--, who was standing next to Tim, started to faint/actually fainted. And I have to say, the way Tim L. behaved in that situation, quietly but decisively stepping up to the plate and basically catching the poor girl, and the expression of concern on his face---watching that, made me like and admire Anne's husband a great deal. He came across as so without any sense of pretense, so genuine..

Anyone else seen the footage I'm talking about? Might have been the mid-nineties..

Does anyone have a link to this? I've searched Youtube but found nothing there.

Before I forget yet again and while I'm thinking of it...

I remember Beatrice fainting and Tim and Sophie both helping her on the balcony, but it happened during Remembrance Sunday. I can't remember the year I'm sorry, but I clearly remember where it happened. I also remember Tim taking Beatrice into the office the balcony is part of for a few minutes to ensure she was okay.

Hopefully, that'll help track it down on YouTube.

Back
Top Bottom