Princess Anne's Hairstyle

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarahedwards2

Courtier
City
Hamilton
Country
Canada
What do y'all think about Princess Anne's hairstyle? That girl never wears her hair down anymore! She looks younger with it down, considering she just turned 62 today. I love the interview of her and Terry Wogan. She's about 35 there, and her hair stretches down to below her shoulder blades, with the edges pulled back. She looks SO pretty in that interview, wearing a long-sleeved white blouse and a long gray skirt, especially when she smiles and bares her teeth. Lovely girl.

Maybe she's Edwardian. Only single women or women of low character wore their hair down in public.

Maybe she save that treat for Tim.

I don't think her current style is especially flattering for her but, at a certain age, wearing your hair down tends to bring everything else down.

I think it would be weird if she changed her hairstyle, it's just a part of her and her charm IMO.

Her hair is fine with me. My own hair is a mess, thin but unruly, it does not look good with any kind of cut, I cannot find a color that suits my skin color. Making a fuss over it makes little difference. So I just put it into a ponytail and spend my time doing interesting things. It is my guess she sees it like that, too.

Not so much "wrong" with the hairstyle, but she does need to adjust the color and do some serious conditioning. It is too dark and looks quite brittle. Other than that she should wear it as she chooses, IMO.

It is not a style, it is a lump of poorly kept hair. She has very nice hair, it could use some color, her choice and a shape and at her age much less of it.

I don't know what to suggest, maybe because anything but a crew cut would be nice. She looks like an old woman, and she isn't there just yet.

padams2359 said:
I don't know what to suggest, maybe because anything but a crew cut would be nice. She looks like an old woman, and she isn't there just yet.

What's your definition of an old woman? At 62 I would say Anne is an older woman, one who hasn't changed her hairstyle since her 20s?

If you go back to early interviews with Princess Anne, you will find one where she said that she had looked in the mirror and realized that she would never be a great beauty, so she put her hair up and got on with the work. Those weren"t her exact words, but the meaning. I don"t think she ever looked back, but she has maintained her weight and I personally think she is lovely. At least she doesn"t seem to have any emotional hangups about her looks.

If you go back to early interviews with Princess Anne, you will find one where she said that she had looked in the mirror and realized that she would never be a great beauty, so she put her hair up and got on with the work. Those weren"t her exact words, but the meaning. I don"t think she ever looked back, but she has maintained her weight and I personally think she is lovely. At least she doesn"t seem to have any emotional hangups about her looks.

Here she looks so pretty!

http://www.fashion-era.com/images/SocialHistory/annemarkregiment.jpg

I love that picture of her and Mark, especially with that long dress.

62 and has one hell of a body. That is the way to age, dam. I do wish she would do something different with her hair. Knowing PA though, she is no fuss, no bother.

I know, she's 5 foot 6 1/2 and wears a size 10 dress (same as me, but I'm 4 1/2 inches shorter than her). My brother at 16 has never seen a picture of her, but I told him I have lots to show him.

62 and has one hell of a body. That is the way to age, dam. I do wish she would do something different with her hair. Knowing PA though, she is no fuss, no bother.

I agree she has a great body. I was surprised how slim she actually is.

She was very attractive during her twenties, especially when she took the time.

In her engagement pictures with Mark she was very pretty.

Her hair has always been a bit course and unruly.

I understand that Anne does her hair herself each day and so does not have the benefit of a stylist on hand. Therefore she probably doesn't have the time to do more complicated styles for long hair. There are alot of country type horsey women where I live and believe me compared to their hairstyles Anne's is very well done!!

My dad said that there's some kind of clip she uses to keep it up like that. He was washing my hair in the kitchen sink yesterday and did the thing with the towel where it's wrapped on top of your head.

Her hair is so dry and brittle looking, it makes me wonder is she has an underactive thyroid.

i loved it in the 60's and 70's but by 81 i didn't really care anne is a very attractive woman though

It is not a style, it is a lump of poorly kept hair. She has very nice hair, it could use some color, her choice and a shape and at her age much less of it.
ITA She really wears it in the worst possible way. :bang:

I wonder if she colours it? My mom is 2 years younger than Anne and she colours hers, which takes at least two hours.

She very obviously colors her hair, that is part of the problem, it is VERY over processed. She needs a lot of conditioning and also a somewhat lighter color. The dark color is no longer attractive on an older woman. I'm rather surprised because HM has beautiful hair and it looks in wonderful condition. It's not as though conditioning takes a lot of time or trouble.

My 19-year-old brother has curly black hair, which he straightens. He also dyed the bottom edges red, which he touches up every few weeks. I have long dark brown hair like Princess Anne, but mine has natural red highlights that show up vividly in bright sunlight. My mom has it too, and so did her mom (It's the Irish side of their family). My dad's sister has had so many hairstyles over the years. Naturally it's the same colour and style as mine, but with more red. That's what it was when my youngest brother was born. At 16, he's almost the spitting image of our dad at that age. He has the exact same hair colour and style. I sometimes get them confused if I'm looking at one of them from the back. He also has our mom's Irish temper.

Anne hairstyle might be boring and getting old but if she was to do anything about it she would get so much critisism (lots of critics). Vanity, superficiality... Anne has always put her focus on her work, why should it change now?

Princess Anne is such a darling and a sweetheart! There's pictures of her at the Olympics this summer wearing a long-sleeve white blouse, khaki skirt and navy blazer which looks great on her, with that slim figure. If I were her I would add navy knee-highs or tights; and a white T-shirt or tank top under the blouse. There's one picture where she's texting, and another where she's clutching the side of her skirt and has her left foot behind her right heel like she's going to curtsy, but she's sitting down.

Last edited:
The best king we never had: Why Princess Anne is more man than her brothers and a lot more interesting too | Mail Online

"It might even explain why the Princess Royal has for years continued to wear her hair swept up in a Victorian creation that recently was described as being 'like a cottage loaf '. However, men around her are said to find her slender, horse-woman's figure - an unchanged size ten since she was 20 - and rather bossy manner not unsexy."

"If that is so, it is a great pity. I remember one day, 20 years ago, when she was touring the Soviet Union and agreed to give a talk to students at Moscow University and take questions. Anne had arrived at the airport with the usual severe, swept-up hairstyle. But when she walked into the lecture hall she was like a movie star, her soft and voluminous hair falling and swaying about her shoulders in a way the public has probably never seen."

High School Musical 2 says it best: "Fabulous hair, fabulous style, fabulous eyes and that fabulous smile".

Back
Top Bottom