The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-27-2012, 07:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
It is not a style, it is a lump of poorly kept hair. She has very nice hair, it could use some color, her choice and a shape and at her age much less of it.
ITA She really wears it in the worst possible way.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:47 PM
Nobility

I wonder if she colours it? My mom is 2 years younger than Anne and she colours hers, which takes at least two hours.

Old 08-28-2012, 01:58 AM
Courtier

She very obviously colors her hair, that is part of the problem, it is VERY over processed. She needs a lot of conditioning and also a somewhat lighter color. The dark color is no longer attractive on an older woman. I'm rather surprised because HM has beautiful hair and it looks in wonderful condition. It's not as though conditioning takes a lot of time or trouble.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:17 AM
Nobility

My 19-year-old brother has curly black hair, which he straightens. He also dyed the bottom edges red, which he touches up every few weeks. I have long dark brown hair like Princess Anne, but mine has natural red highlights that show up vividly in bright sunlight. My mom has it too, and so did her mom (It's the Irish side of their family). My dad's sister has had so many hairstyles over the years. Naturally it's the same colour and style as mine, but with more red. That's what it was when my youngest brother was born. At 16, he's almost the spitting image of our dad at that age. He has the exact same hair colour and style. I sometimes get them confused if I'm looking at one of them from the back. He also has our mom's Irish temper.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Courtier

Anne hairstyle might be boring and getting old but if she was to do anything about it she would get so much critisism (lots of critics). Vanity, superficiality... Anne has always put her focus on her work, why should it change now?
Old 08-28-2012, 10:30 PM
Nobility

Princess Anne is such a darling and a sweetheart! There's pictures of her at the Olympics this summer wearing a long-sleeve white blouse, khaki skirt and navy blazer which looks great on her, with that slim figure. If I were her I would add navy knee-highs or tights; and a white T-shirt or tank top under the blouse. There's one picture where she's texting, and another where she's clutching the side of her skirt and has her left foot behind her right heel like she's going to curtsy, but she's sitting down.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:20 PM
Nobility

The best king we never had: Why Princess Anne is more man than her brothers and a lot more interesting too | Mail Online

"It might even explain why the Princess Royal has for years continued to wear her hair swept up in a Victorian creation that recently was described as being 'like a cottage loaf '. However, men around her are said to find her slender, horse-woman's figure - an unchanged size ten since she was 20 - and rather bossy manner not unsexy."

"If that is so, it is a great pity. I remember one day, 20 years ago, when she was touring the Soviet Union and agreed to give a talk to students at Moscow University and take questions. Anne had arrived at the airport with the usual severe, swept-up hairstyle. But when she walked into the lecture hall she was like a movie star, her soft and voluminous hair falling and swaying about her shoulders in a way the public has probably never seen."
Old 09-17-2012, 11:35 PM
Nobility

High School Musical 2 says it best: "Fabulous hair, fabulous style, fabulous eyes and that fabulous smile".
Old 09-18-2012, 01:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought Catherine channeled Anne's do just a bit today - smart girl!
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...70_634x370.jpg
Old 09-18-2012, 02:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS
I thought Catherine channeled Anne's do just a bit today - smart girl!
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...70_634x370.jpg
Yeah, but it looks better on Anne, and Catherine did it up too low.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:52 PM
Nobility

I'm trying to style my hair just like Anne when she was my age - if you look at one of the pictures of her in her early 20's she's got her hair down past her shoulders and it's all wavy and the edges are curled, and she has simply stunning blue eyes!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/...70_468x542.jpg
Old 01-20-2013, 04:56 PM
Commoner

I don't think it's very flattering, but she's obviously comfortable having it that way. I think it's part of her character now!
Old 01-20-2013, 06:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I think Anne's hairstyle is now her trademark look and who knows what kind of response she'd get if she changed it. But I've wondered how she'd look in a nice sleek bob at jaw length. I also agree that the color is too dark for her skin tone and she should dye it lighter; it would look much more attractive as well.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahedwards2 View Post
I'm trying to style my hair just like Anne when she was my age - if you look at one of the pictures of her in her early 20's she's got her hair down past her shoulders and it's all wavy and the edges are curled, and she has simply stunning blue eyes!

Anne's hair look beautiful at the time but I think she may feel she can't do styles like that at her age now. Also, I think Anne is so busy now that she won't have time to manage her hair. I do think she could make some improvements though. I'm surprised Zara don't help her out.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:28 PM
Royal Highness

I'd be shocked if she ever changes her hair. Anne has worked her whole life to ensure she can't be treated like a fashion plate or a fairy tale and I think her unchanging hair and recycled clothes are to make sure the focus is always on her work.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:36 PM
Heir Apparent

It's true that PA is a no-nonsense person whose priorities are strictly work-driven, but I think a little change-up in her appearance wouldn't do any harm and hopefully not be too earth-shattering for the public. It would be a shame to be so locked in a look and style that now she couldn't change it even if she wanted to.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
It's true that PA is a no-nonsense person whose priorities are strictly work-driven, but I think a little change-up in her appearance wouldn't do any harm and hopefully not be too earth-shattering for the public. It would be a shame to be so locked in a look and style that now she couldn't change it even if she wanted to.
LOVE her eyes in this picture though! They're the same colour as and sparkle like lake water! Not a fan of the headband, though.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, Anne was undisputedly a knockout when she was younger.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:41 PM
Gentry

Hello. I've been wondering how PA would look with a different hairstyle for awhile. I'm not a photoshop expert; but what do you think of these: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/jametty

Please be kind. My first attempt at something like this :-)
Old 07-22-2013, 09:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenafran View Post
Hello. I've been wondering how PA would look with a different hairstyle for awhile. I'm not a photoshop expert; but what do you think of these: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/jametty

Please be kind. My first attempt at something like this :-)
Not a bad photoshop job! But I just... can't imagine Anne without her trademark 'do. She looks like a totally different person!

That being said, the shorter looks look better on her than the longer ones.