The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-18-2012, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Spletnik -Princess Anne take the Olympic torch.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Big photo
http://www.bekia.es/images/galeria/2...ica-grecia.jpg

Old 05-18-2012, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Anne and the Olympic Flame have arrived at RNAS Culdrose air base in Cornwall on May 18, 2012.

The Olympic Torch relay starts on Saturday at Land's End, the southwest tip of England, to begin an 8,000-mile
(12,875-kilometre) journey around Britain, with a detour to also visit the Irish capital Dublin. It will culminate in
the flame being brought to the Olympic Stadium for the opening of the Games on July 27.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 07-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Princess Anne as President of the British Olympic Association has visited Team GB at a Preparation Camp at Loughborough University,
Loughborough, Leicestershire today, July 4, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages/daylife gallery **
Old 07-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Not flash but dash: Anne plays key Olympic role
Princess Anne: Not the flashiest, but when it comes to the Olympics, the princess has her fans
Quote:
Spare a thought for Princess Anne. While the London Olympics will showcase a whole new generation of British royals, itís easy to overlook the 61-year-old daughter of Queen Elizabeth II. But with so many eyes on the glamorous Kate, also known as the Duchess of Cambridge, her earnest husband Prince William and the ever-so-eligible Prince Harry, itís easy to forget that Anne is part of the reason London has the Olympics in the first place.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Commoner

I just found this on youtube. You can see clips of Anne and Mark Phillips throughout the video. Anne also narrates some of the video herself.

Anne's dressage starts at 6:20 and her cross country phase at 23:40. Her infamous fall is around the 25 min mark. You can also catch glimpses of the Queen, Prince Phillip, Andrew and Edward.

Poor Anne wasn't the only one to take a tumble in the cross country phase, Hugh Thomas (Zara's god-father) fell into the lake during his turn at 20:20.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Anne to visit belligerent Argentina - Telegraph

Princess Royal to visit Argentina in her capacity as Member of the IOC.

I'll do a summary of the report because not everyone has access to the DT.

SUMMARY
The Princess Royal is to undertake what is thought to be the first official engagement by a senior member of the Royal family in the South American country for 14 years. The visit to Buenos Aires next month comes amid rising tensions over the Falkland Islands.

Aware of the diplomatic implications, Buckingham Palace officials are keen to stress that Anne is making the visit on September 6 as a member of the International Olympic Committee. She will attend the 125th IOC Session in the Argentine capital.

The Princess visited the Falklands in 2009 with her husband, Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence. While the couple were in the disputed territory, which the Argentines call Las Malvinas, they visited the Falkland Islands Defence Force Headquarters in Stanley and later laid a wreath at a memorial. They also inaugurated “Liberty Lodge”, a house built to accommodate visiting British Falklands veterans, and met members of the South Atlantic Medal Association.

When the Princess’s nephew, the Duke of Cambridge, carried out a six-week tour of duty as a helicopter pilot in the Falklands last year, his posting was condemned as a a “provocative act” with “political content” by Argentina

The Princess’s brother, the Prince of Wales, is thought to have been the last senior member of the Royal family to have visited Argentina, in 1999. He laid a wreath in Buenos Aires to the Argentines who died in the Falklands conflict as part of what was meant to be a bridge-building visit.

Prince Harry and Princess Beatrice spent part of their gap years in the country, but they did not undertake any official engagements.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 09-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

I found a couple of articles today - but nothing with pics or details yet about the trip to Argentina for Anne

Here is some background:
Key information for IOC session in Buenos Aires | OlympicTalk

Princess Anne Argentina | Zona de Sabor

International Olympic Committee to choose 2020 host, new president and 1 sport | masslive.com
ďThe two important things I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any endeavor is taking the first step, making the first decision"Robyn Davidson
Old 09-04-2013, 11:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I found a couple of articles today - but nothing with pics or details yet about the trip to Argentina for Anne

Here is some background:
Key information for IOC session in Buenos Aires | OlympicTalk

Princess Anne Argentina | Zona de Sabor

International Olympic Committee to choose 2020 host, new president and 1 sport | masslive.com
The Queen's sister?? Get your facts right!
Old 09-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Article (also in the Times) about a group called Quebracho threatening action against Anne.

Quebracho is a tree with very hard wood. It could also have an idiomatic meaning (if any of our South American memebers know?)

Falklands protest group threaten to disrupt Princess Anne's visit to Argentina | Mail Online
ďThe two important things I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any endeavor is taking the first step, making the first decision"Robyn Davidson
Old 09-07-2013, 01:40 AM
Serene Highness

It's a true pity this wasn't such an important IOC Congress, so Anne's wasn't mandatory and she didn't really need to be there. However, w/first tomorrow's vote and awarding of the 2020 Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games and then the voting for the new IOC President *and* the final big vote, what sport will be added for the Rio Games (Hoping they've been paying attention to the up roar over the last year and restore Wresting back where it belongs). So in a rather long winded manner, , what I'm trying to say is that this is one of those times when attendance by all the IOC Members is mandatory. No excuses other than something very serious and very personal, such as a death in the Family for example.

I really hope all that can be done to ensure HRH's safety during the Congress is being done and nothing other than threats happen. Hoping that won't keep me from worrying however and I'll be relieved once her plane's wheels are up and she's headed home.

Now...About tomorrow...What time EST are things expected to start? I have a feeling this is going to be a much closer vote than many experts have been saying and it very well could go to a third vote. Don't have any idea who might have an edge really, the fact Madrid already has many venues already good to go could give it a teeny edge, but only that.

I always look forward to the Official Announcement, as I can play "Spot The Royal!" among the Members of the IOC.

Hard to believe it was ten years ago all of us here were hoping w/fingers crossed that Vancouver was the city printed on the sheet inside that envelope w/the Olympic Rings on the front and the about to be named Host City for the 2010 Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games. So to our Spanish, Turkish and Japanese Members...I know all too well what's coming tomorrow w/the waiting and butterflies in the tummy. Best of Luck and may the best City win!! :)
Old 09-07-2013, 07:02 PM
Nobility

Pray for her safe return. I would be heartbroken if something were to happen to her.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Courtier

If something where to happen to Princess Anne. I assure you there will be outrage.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:29 PM
Majesty

Outrage yes but that is all - no action would be taken. It isn't like 1914 when an attack on the Archduke Franz Ferdinand triggered World War One.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Princess Anne is still in Buenos Aires and today, September 10, attended the IOC session in which German Thomas Bach was elected as new IOC President.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 02-06-2014, 06:19 PM
Courtier

Princess Anne says athletes are now just an 'add on' at Olympic opening ceremonies | Mail Online

-->> including current pictures of Princess Anne; one with IOC President Thomas Bach and Russian President Putin on Feb 4, 2014

Sochi says 65 world leaders coming to Olympics | Mail Online
Old 02-06-2014, 06:45 PM
Courtier

Hopefully her hotel arrangements are much better than what we have heard reported.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:22 PM
Majesty

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 23m
#Sochi2014 "@HuffPostUKPics: Looks like Princess Anne is enjoying the opening ceremony http://huff.to/1eEpk6A pic.twitter.com/HEgBi3we5z"

Looks like Anne never had so much fun in her life,

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 02-07-2014, 01:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
British Royals ‏@britishroyals 23m
#Sochi2014 "@HuffPostUKPics: Looks like Princess Anne is enjoying the opening ceremony http://huff.to/1eEpk6A pic.twitter.com/HEgBi3we5z"

Looks like Anne never had so much fun in her life,
there is a thread for royals at the Olympics.
thanks for that picture of Anne its hilarious
Old 02-08-2014, 05:06 AM
Majesty

The only pictures I have seen of Anne she is reading a book and looks totally bored. Those are in the DM. The links above are coming up with a warning on my computer so I can't see them.

Tags
ioc, montreal, olympic games, princess anne, princess royal