The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-29-2011, 03:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

How strange, that is short. DM said Zara would leave early but half eight? Wowzers.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:30 PM
Aristocracy

Can't believe the best man has a bad face from a moped crash last week,Photo galleries - Photo 8 - Early celebrations in Edinburgh as guests gather for cocktails on board Britannia

Old 07-29-2011, 03:30 PM
Courtier

bbc reporter saying "carriages at midnight" so maybe not that much of an early night
Old 07-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Heir Apparent

More news about what's next for guests
Quote:
SkyNewsRoyal Paul Harrison

#royalwedding Mike Tindall likely to go elsewhere for dinner with family & friends, as couple says farewell to each other until tomorrow

SkyNewsRoyal Paul Harrison

#royalwedding Kate & William have already left pre-wedding bash - most of the royals will leave shortly for dinner at Holyrood House
Old 07-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for all those dinners the Royal family have. It would be the only time where i'd like to be a servant!

I am looking forward to tomorow now, as I can't wait to see what everyone will be wearing.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 07-29-2011, 03:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

So,at today's events only the closest relatives of the couple have participated,as far as I haven't mentioned any other Windsors
Old 07-29-2011, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Good job the Queen isn't joining the younger set until tomorrow morning !
Of course, she might be burning the midnight oil "doing her boxes".
Old 07-29-2011, 03:44 PM
Administrator

No Andrew, Queen or DoE?

Kind of not surprised to see the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, Princess Alexandra of Kent, and the Michael but I thought we would see their children at least.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
So,at today's events only the closest relatives of the couple have participated,as far as I haven't mentioned any other Windsors
I was thinking that too. I didn't see Charles or Camilla either. Where they there? Andrew did not appear to be there either, yet Edward and Sophie were. I thought perhaps it was going to be for the "younger Royals", but then saw Edward and Sophie and thought otherwise.

I imagine the other Royals, such as Duke and Duchess of Gloucester etc. will be at the service tomorow. I mean really, I heard on the news 400 people (or something to that effect) are attending tomorow, and who REALLY knows that many people without a large majority of it being made up of the extended Royal family.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Prince William & Kate: Yacht Party for Zara Phillips’ Wedding! | Kate Middleton, Prince Harry, Prince William : Just Jared
Old 07-29-2011, 04:14 PM
Commoner

It's such a good idea to have a party on Britannia, though funny to think that they would have to book it like the rest of us when it used to belong to the royal Family!

Many nice memories, I imagine
Old 07-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Britannia did not belong to the Queen, in the same way that "The Queen's Flight" did not belong to her either.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:21 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Britannia did not belong to the Queen, in the same way that "The Queen's Flight" did not belong to her either.

True enough. it's just a tourist attraction now, it isn't at their disposal to use as they please, is what I meant. :)
Old 07-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Pics of guests arriving to the dinner are up on Getty
Old 07-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Nobility

http://i55.tinypic.com/orpeeo.jpg

Oh my! I sure hope Zara chose a gown that hides those tan lines!!! Are tan lines still considered in vogue?
Old 07-29-2011, 05:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Hopefully Zara has no intention of wearing a strapless gown. Those tan lines would look awful with that style.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Courtier

Don't like the lines either.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:13 PM
Majesty

Thanks for the photos as all the news here has shown is the back of William and Kate arriving at the Britannia and Zara and Mike arriving for the rehearsal.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I was thinking that too. I didn't see Charles or Camilla either. Where they there? Andrew did not appear to be there either, yet Edward and Sophie were. I thought perhaps it was going to be for the "younger Royals", but then saw Edward and Sophie and thought otherwise.

I imagine the other Royals, such as Duke and Duchess of Gloucester etc. will be at the service tomorow. I mean really, I heard on the news 400 people (or something to that effect) are attending tomorow, and who REALLY knows that many people without a large majority of it being made up of the extended Royal family.

Mike could easily have close to 200 people to invite simply from his rugby connections - each team has 15 players on the field at a time and there are usually at least that many again in the squad so 30 in the England squad and about another 20 or so in Gloucester who aren't in the England squad plus the support staff of say 10 and then add their partners and he is easily at 120 with no real effort. Given the closeness of the world cup I would expect most of the England squad to be there simply for team harmony - I know this sounds strange to some people but to not invite some of the team could lead to two camps within the team 6 weeks out from the World Cup.

They both would have a number of school friends - say 20 friends each with partners and your are at another 80.

Zara has a number of equestrian friends - say again about 30 with partners makes 60 and suddenly they are up to 260 without including friends made together and their own respective families. Zara will have at least 17 family members from her mother's side but then there is her father's side as well.

It soon adds up. 400 is seen as rather small in some circles these days.