Pre-Wedding Events for Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall: July 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's such a good idea to have a party on Britannia, though funny to think that they would have to book it like the rest of us when it used to belong to the royal Family!

Many nice memories, I imagine

Britannia did not belong to the Queen, in the same way that "The Queen's Flight" did not belong to her either.

Britannia did not belong to the Queen, in the same way that "The Queen's Flight" did not belong to her either.

True enough. it's just a tourist attraction now, it isn't at their disposal to use as they please, is what I meant. :)

Hopefully Zara has no intention of wearing a strapless gown. Those tan lines would look awful with that style.

Thanks for the photos as all the news here has shown is the back of William and Kate arriving at the Britannia and Zara and Mike arriving for the rehearsal.

I was thinking that too. I didn't see Charles or Camilla either. Where they there? Andrew did not appear to be there either, yet Edward and Sophie were. I thought perhaps it was going to be for the "younger Royals", but then saw Edward and Sophie and thought otherwise.

I imagine the other Royals, such as Duke and Duchess of Gloucester etc. will be at the service tomorow. I mean really, I heard on the news 400 people (or something to that effect) are attending tomorow, and who REALLY knows that many people without a large majority of it being made up of the extended Royal family.

Mike could easily have close to 200 people to invite simply from his rugby connections - each team has 15 players on the field at a time and there are usually at least that many again in the squad so 30 in the England squad and about another 20 or so in Gloucester who aren't in the England squad plus the support staff of say 10 and then add their partners and he is easily at 120 with no real effort. Given the closeness of the world cup I would expect most of the England squad to be there simply for team harmony - I know this sounds strange to some people but to not invite some of the team could lead to two camps within the team 6 weeks out from the World Cup.

They both would have a number of school friends - say 20 friends each with partners and your are at another 80.

Zara has a number of equestrian friends - say again about 30 with partners makes 60 and suddenly they are up to 260 without including friends made together and their own respective families. Zara will have at least 17 family members from her mother's side but then there is her father's side as well.

It soon adds up. 400 is seen as rather small in some circles these days.

Pics of guests arriving to the dinner are up on Getty

Are your referring to the images of those arriving on the Britannia, or something different?

The tan lines are interesting. I hope for her sake, and the sake of the press, that she has not chosen a strapless dress!

Are your referring to the images of those arriving on the Britannia, or something different?

The tan lines are interesting. I hope for her sake, and the sake of the press, that she has not chosen a strapless dress!
It's these of Zara, Mike and Harry arriving back to The Palace of Holyroodhouse where according to reports the dinner was held. Mike though did not take part instead he went to another party with this friends and family.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

I haven't seen a picture of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge or Harry for that fact mingling with the guests like Beatrice, Eugenie did. Where the heck did they go once they arrived?

I love Zara but I really don't like her outfit as well as her hairstyle....

I hope she covers those tan lines! Don't care for the dress or her hair color...but she reminds me more of her mother than I've seen before. She is quite striking.

MM

I don't mind Zara's hair I like it up but the dress isn't the best and those tan lines look really bad. I doubt it will be a strapless wedding dress and it will be interesting to see how she wears her hair. I think she will look lovely. Can't wait to see the outfits and who is in the bridal party!

I was very surprised to see her dress (that is Zara's dress at the pre-wedding party); it was OK but she could have done better. I too can't wait to see wedding dress. I hope is not strapless. Princess Anne looked like she was enjoying herself, does she date anybody?

Princess Anne remarried (in Scotland, btw) following her divorce from Peter and Zara'a father. Her husband is Vice Admiral Tim Laurence.

I was very surprised to see her dress (that is Zara's dress at the pre-wedding party); it was OK but she could have done better. I too can't wait to see wedding dress. I hope is not strapless. Princess Anne looked like she was enjoying herself, does she date anybody?

Ummm... Isn't Princess Anne married to Tim Laurence? I suppose she could go on dates with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom