Potential Names and Godparents for Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall's First Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zara and Mike are having a baby! Will the baby be a boy, girl or both?!

• A girl....Savannah and Isla need someone to play with at the Horsing events!

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • A boy! Savannah and Isla can play with a boy too!

Votes: 39 63.9%
  • Twins! If anyone in the BRF can do it...its Zara!

Votes: 7 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
Buckingham Palace has announced that Mr. and Mrs. Tindall are expecting their first child, which is due in early 2014.

Take a moment to vote in our poll and please share your thoughts on a potential name for the Zindall baby as well as potential godparents.

Thanks!

wbenson, Warren and Zonk

Last edited:
Boy:

Master Philip James Tindall.

Girl:

Miss Anne Elizabeth Tindall.

Godparents:

I belive Peter Phillips will be one of the godparents.
Maybe the Duke or Duchess Cambridge too.

Last edited:
My guesses for a girl: Elizabeth Anne Linda
My guesses for a boy: Philipp Mark Michael

And I guess it will be a boy.

My guesses for godparents:

Prince Henry of Wales
Peter Phillips
Ian Tindall
Iain Balshaw
William Fox-Pitt

Last edited:
Yay! Another baby for the house of Windsor

:) Zara will be an awesome mom
Isla and savannah Phillips will have a
Cousin plus baby cambridge

I think Zara and Mike are having a boy. These could be possible name combinations:

Arthur Philip Mark
Joseph Philip George

However, if my prediction is wrong and they have a girl, then these could be possible name combinations:

Alice Zara Elizabeth
Elizabeth Zara Mary

However, they could choose a name that doesn't run in the family as a first name and then have names that do run in the family as middle names like Peter and Autumn Phillips did for Savannah and Isla.

The godparents could be: Peter Phillips, Philip Tindall (Mike's father), HM and a friend of Zara's or Princess Anne.

Last edited:
I can't think of a name they will choose as I think they will go with something trendy, but not something too trendy. With regards to godparents, I can see Peter being chosen and some family friends. We wont likely ever know who the child's godparents are as we don't know who Savannah and Isla's are.

Another granddaughter for Princess Anne.

Anne Phillipa Elizabeth Michelle

Prince Harry as godfather

Non royal name with non royal godparents most likely from the sports world.

I'm actually quite confident that it's going to be a boy. I don't know why, it's just a feeling, but I'm much more certain with this than with my guesses (plural, because my 'feeling' is changing every day) of the sex of Baby Cambridge.

I have no idea about names, I'm sure they're going to surprise us just like Peter and Autumn did. Maybe Alexander, Jacob, Alfie or Jack for a boy. I could actually imagine them using Philippa for a girl, or perhaps something like Ruby, Isabella or Lucy.

I'm not gonna bother guessing on godparents because we're probably not gonna know about them anyway.

I am thinking or hoping boy, as Anne needs a grandson, and since I hope Baby c is a girl, the queen needs a great-grandson.

I think the name will likely go the way of Peter's, a more modern popular name that they both like, with perhaps family names as middle.

I think the middle names will likely be Anne Linda or Mark Philip (or switch order)

possible first names

girls: a few found in either family, that are top 100 names in the UK
Lucy
Emma
Eve/Evelyn
Eliza/Elizabeth
Florence
Sarah
Alice

boys: also family tree but top 100 (avoiding the obvious royal ones like Harry, doubt they'll use the name of a close living relative, other than their parents)
Jack
George
Joseph
John
Arthur
Louis

They could do something like Smith Philip Mark Tindall, using a surname from Mike's family tree, an old tradition that is growing in popularity again.

I doubt they will have more than two godparents, nonroyals and all.

I'd be shocked if Peter was not godfather, not sure on the godmother.

Non royal name with non royal godparents most likely from the sports world.

I'd be shocked if the baby didn't have at least one royal godparent, most likely William or Harry.

I think it will be a boy, as far as it concerns godparents I guess they'll choose only one royal godparent ( William or Harry), the others will be from their close circle of friends.

my predictions
firstname will be a non-family name, middle name (if any) will not be exclosed (so pretty difficult to predict), if it's a boy it'll be a 'real' boy's name, nothing fanciful like Lark or Jaden etc :)

Godparents: Peter Philips, and if Mike has a sister than her as well... (otherwise a close female friend)

Definitely don't expect any royal names and don't expect William or Harry to be godparents (maybe if with a next child...but certainly not the first)

Philip or Michael boy

Anne or maybe Alice for a girl

my predictions
firstname will be a non-family name, middle name (if any) will not be exclosed (so pretty difficult to predict), if it's a boy it'll be a 'real' boy's name, nothing fanciful like Lark or Jaden etc :)

Godparents: Peter Philips, and if Mike has a sister than her as well... (otherwise a close female friend)

Definitely don't expect any royal names and don't expect William or Harry to be godparents (maybe if with a next child...but certainly not the first)

I agree with you. It's almost impossible to guess it's name, as their choices are limitless.

I agree I don't think Mike and Zara will pick a traditional royal name for the baby. They might pick a traditional name but I don't think it will be a royal first name. Some I like are:
Girls:
Emma
Isabelle
Ava
Abigail
Olivia
Emily
Ella
Avery
Alayna
Madison

Boys:
Phillip
Michael
Matthew
Aiden
Jackson
Gavin(I don't like it but a lot for people do)
Anthony
Lucas
Benjamin
Gabriel
Steven
Owen
Maxwell

Rowan Philip
Anne Elizabeth (calling her Annie to differentiate her from grandma Anne)

How many names do you think Zara and Mike's baby will have?

I think the baby will have three names seeming as Zara, Peter and Savannah Phillips all have three (Zara Anne Elizabeth, Peter Mark Andrew and Savannah Anne Kathleen).

Her name is Zara and her brother named his girls Savannah and Isla . . . how on earth can anyone make a guess that would even come close to what the actual name will be. Zara is not exactly a traditional girl so I don't see them giving their child a traditional first name. The possibilities are too limitless to even make a guess.

The Phillips fame seem to lean toward unique names -- with the exception of Peter. We have a Zara, an Autumn, a Savannah, and an Isla. I wouldn't be surprised if Summer and Winter soon join the family ;)

My Guess

Girl: Anne (After the baby Grandmother)

Boy: Philip (After the baby Great Grandfather)

Boy - PHilip, after his grandfather Tindell and g-grandfather DoE

Girl - who the heck knows!

Godparents: I would say William because they are close; Ian Balshaw who was Mikes Best Man (if a boy) and Dolly Maude who was Maid of Honour if it is a girl. Peter or Autumn

I think Zara and Mike will choose something a little less "royal" and traditional than William and Kate, but not too out there. Maybe something similar to Isla and Savannah.

I doubt we will ever know who the godparents are, we will be lucky to know the childs full name.

Zara and Mike are both pretty public figures, and on twitter and such. The names of their children are more likely to be public knowledge than Peter's.

Savannah and Isla are traditional?

Autumn was not born a Philipps, so wouldn't think her name would factor in here.

No, I said I thought they would choose something less traditional than William and Kate. I could see them choosing the name Alice, though. Just maybe not Anne or George.

No, I said I thought they would choose something less traditional than William and Kate. I could see them choosing the name Alice, though. Just maybe not Anne or George.

Alice is one of Anne's middle names.

I agree, I don't see them being a traditional couple, and I doubt they will choose a traditional, royal-sounding name. If it's a girl, I think they'll choose something like Zoe, Sophie, or Vivian. If it's a boy, I hope they will choose something associated with family, but not too "royal", like Michael (Jr.), Mark, or Phillip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom