Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly Engaged: July 30, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone marking it on their calendar? I'm tempted to mark it on mine. :D Peter married.... fab-u-lous! :flowers:

Why do you need to mark it on your calendar? Just keep track here in the Forums. :)

I expect it'll get news coverage here at headline time and when the regular reports from the UK come in.

I would not have thought there would be any live coverage of it perhaps on the news as it is not a major royal that is getting married, but it would be nice to see some coverage of it on the news

Just been looking through the royal diary and noticed that Prince Andrew is due to attend something or other in Egypt the day after the wedding - do you think he will fly out after the wedding or could he possibly not even attending?

wonder will she manage to find a classy elegant outfit !!

So long as she is more covered than the now Sarah Parker Bowles at Charles & Camillas' wedding! THAT left absolutley NOTHING to the imagination. :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

The cover of the latest "Hello" issue shows them both - whooooouuuuw!! I´m sure it´ll be posted here when the boards with "British" priority give permission. So folks no worry, this wedding will be quite a "Hello"-event....with lots of wonderful photos.

The interview in Hello magazine is lovely - really down to earth.

Edited highlights.......

Zara is being bridesmaid plus 2 friends. Small bridesmaids include Peter's step sister Stephanie and 2 others (not royal, but one Peter's goddaughter).

Best men are 2 old friends not Wills and Harry.

Frogmore chosen as it romantic and is special to Queen and Duke (or Granny and Grampa:wub:). Plus childhood memories of easter egg hunts there.

Autumn is paying for her wedding dress - ivory (no desciption as no good as describing dresses) just very english wedding.

No title - he is thankful to his parents for declining this.

Lady Sarah Chatto has been helping her on the Royal ways.

Lots of other bits about the relationship.

I can't wait for the wedding...love to see what her wedding dress looks like.
They make a very fetching pair and all the best best to them.

As a Canadian, I can't help but think Autumn's experience is like something every girl dreams of at least once in her life. It's rare enough that someone gets to marry a royal, still rarer if you happen not to live in the UK! Imagine discovering the "ordinary" man you're starting to fall in love with is actually the grandson of the Queen of England! Plus, Autumn gets the best of both worlds--Peter manages to be the Queen's grandson and the son of a princess, yet has no royal duties and doesn't carry a title, so the two of them can blend in pretty easily with the rest of society.

I'm happy for them and hope they have a wonderful wedding.

Autumn says in the Hello interview that she will remain a Canadian citizen

She will probably be duo.
William and Kate are not going to the wedding ~ strange.
I did hear that William and Peter are not in fact very close.

I am a little dumbfounded that they sold their "story" to Hello Magazine, if indeed they did. Peter is still the grandson of the Queen so it seems a bit unseemly to do such a thing, and so close to the wedding date. The mind boggles.

Cat

I read somewhere that Autumn said that she knew that Peter was a royal thorugh the internet, but now she says that she knew that through a TV programme!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I read somewhere that Autumn said that she knew that Peter was a royal thorugh the internet, but now she says that she knew that through a TV programme!!!!!!!
What she said was that she saw a man standing beside the Queen durning a programme that was show for William's 21st Birthday, thought he looked very like 'her' Peter so she research him on the internet and found out he was a member of the Royal Family. :flowers:

Wag-ish indeed. They should, at best donate that money to a charity, shame on them both for selling out to a glossy celeb magazine given their financial situation (a few million from his Granny as has been reported)...

The new princess pushy? Meet Peter Philips' ambitious bride-to-be | the Daily Mail
Daily Mail attempts to be both acerbic and sarcastic about Ms. Kelly and her personal traits. I am disappointed to learn that the couple in question sold their story to Hello Magazine. I have to agree with the Ms. Rebecca English, who quoted one of the courtiers saying, "It's just a bit, well, WAG-ish."

Just like everything else we hear about famous people, soon to be famous people and the likewise, until we actually know them, we shouldn't hold any judgements against them. I am sure they are great people but perhaps they made a poor choice, they are only human after all. Reminds me very much of the writings the "rags" published on Mary Donaldson about meeting Prince Frederick at a pub in Sydney during the 2000 Summer Olympics. Now they just can't get enough of her. Remember how badly and arrogantly the "Brisitsh Papers" treated Camilla and others alike in the her circle. Perhaps the writers and editors should back off and let these kids live their lives. And I hope the British people will also. It's none of anyones business and we should all stop with these "elitist" attitudes about and towards these folks and how they should and shouldn't behave!

MM ;)

Last edited:
First and foremost, I have not passed any negative judgements on Ms. Kelly. At the same time, I do have a right to express my opinion about the choice in question. In my opinion, doing photo spreads and selling stories are good for celebrities including WAGs and actors/actresses, but not for members of the Royal Family.

I second that! It seems a bit unseemly to cash in on being the grandson of the Queen. "Tacky" is the word that comes to mind.:whistling:

Cat

Wag-ish indeed. They should, at best donate that money to a charity, shame on them both for selling out to a glossy celeb magazine given their financial situation (a few million from his Granny as has been reported)...

They are private citizens who happen to be related to Royality. It's their right to do with the pictures of their wedding whatever they wish. It's not as if Peter gets money from the state for living and his wedding is financed by the taxpayer. There is a market for the pics, people are interested to see them and they selected a buyer. That buyer was not the D.... Mail. So it's clear why the Mail is not happy about the deal at all.

If someone is making money out of a private person, it's only right they should give part of the money to the person involved. Or not?

BTW - the article says that Peter only inherited a share in his great-grandmother's estate. As she had two daughters and 6 grandchildren and (I think) about 10 great-grandchildren at the moment of her death, I doubt his share as a great-grandchild was that much. :flowers:

If you take a look at the comments about the fact that we did not see more than one pic of the christening of Viscount Severn, I personally am glad to be able to see more coverage of this wedding.

Royal Connections do matter in this case...Am I correct?

The couple in question has got this spread namely because of their royal connections, not because of their personal achievements as private well-to-do or rich citizens. If Peter Phillips were not the grandson of the Her Majesty, there would be little or no interest to them at all.

Regardless of how much money Peter did or did not inherit from his grandmother, I still think it was a tacky thing to do. They have pretty much precluded any chance of leading normal lives out of the spotlight and have placed themselves directly in its glaring glory. Maybe that was the plan, but hey, they are the ones who have to live with the fallout.

Cat

Regardless of how much money Peter did or did not inherit from his grandmother, I still think it was a tacky thing to do. They have pretty much precluded any chance of leading normal lives out of the spotlight and have placed themselves directly in its glaring glory. Maybe that was the plan, but hey, they are the ones who have to live with the fallout.

Cat

Cat, you're right in this. But that was their choice and they made it. To call it WAG-ish if someone sells the pics of his wedding to an more than interested public is what I don't think fair. There's a market for these pics and they used their chance. Why not? I have no doubt they talked it through with the queen and the Princess Royal and both agreed.

After all anne gets no money form the taxpayer but has to suffer the intrusion into her life only because of her Royal connections. So why should her son not make some money out of it?

I must say that I enjoyed the pre-wedding interview in Hello magazine and I hope that there is some exclusive pics in the same magazine of the day itself. However, it cannot be denied that Peter and Autumn have now left themselves wide open for press intrusion. They have openly discussed, for example, when they want to have children and how many so they will not really be in a position to complain if and when the press take an interest in their future offspring. For the reported £500,000 they have earned from this I think they have traded an anonimity and privacy that they perhaps took for granted and will regret, in the long term, losing.

P.S. And please don't give me the sob story about Peter being desperate for cash. We can discuss verbatim about trust funds, legacies etc. Suffice to say that he comes from a family that are monstrously wealthy and I am sure that he is very rich indeed ie the Hello deal is just pure greed.

Last edited:
P.S. And please don't give me the sob story about Peter being desperate for cash. We can discuss verbatim about trust funds, legacies etc. Suffice to say that he comes from a family that are monstrously wealthy and I am sure that he is very rich indeed ie the Hello deal is just pure greed.

The reports that the Queen Mum left an estate of six million pounds seem rather at odds with the reports when she died that the Queen had payed off her overdraft!
However, if her estate of six mill was split only with her great-grandchildren that would mean only around half a million pounds each (& James wouldn't have anything unless a provision was made for future children of Edward, Andrew, David & Sarah). If a provision was made then the amount inherited by each individual would have been much less.

I don't believe in following wills etc to the letter as I don't think that the wealth of people like Peter Phillips can be so tidily explained. That is not an invitation for a detailed breakdown of how much money he is supposed to "officially" have it is simply my opinion that wealthy dynasties have always found ways and means of passing their money down to the next generation without too much scrutiny and in the case of the Windsors I have never bought into the theory that any of them are short of cash .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom