The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 12:58 AM
Courtier

I'm glad with this announcementThis is properly in accordance of the seniority of cousins.
Earlier, we have heard Prince William would be marrying Catherine Middleton soon but now it's actually Peter Phillips who will be marrying first.
So we don't need Prince William to be so hurry, because after this Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall, later on the most awaited one. Starting this year we shall begin to see the Grandchildren of Her Majesty The Queen marrying one by one, Godwilling.

Congratulations PeterAutumn

Old 07-30-2007, 02:15 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

I read the news in the Herald Sun this morning, but didn't have time to come and post before I had to go to school, so I shall do it now!

Congratulations to Peter and Autumn, and both sets of parents, grandparents and families!

Old 07-30-2007, 03:39 AM
Commoner

Who is the bride?
Old 07-30-2007, 03:56 AM
Courtier

Wow..thats great news
Old 07-30-2007, 04:35 AM
Heir Apparent

31 year old Autumn Kelly, a former management consultant from Canada, I believe.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 07-30-2007, 06:41 AM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to the couple!
Old 07-30-2007, 07:56 AM
Aristocracy

As a proud Canadian, I'm thrilled that Peter and Autumn are getting married. What wonderful news. I always knew that she was the one for him. I hope to see some engagement photos soon! There isn't a date set from what I have read, maybe they will decide to get married on Peter's 30th birthday on Nov. 15th. Many congratulations to Autumn and Peter and their families.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:11 AM
Courtier

YAY That's wonderfull !

Congratulations Peter and Autumn
Old 07-30-2007, 09:27 AM
Serene Highness

they look to be a lovely couple, i wish them all the happiness and joy
,it's great we have a wedding to look forward to, but i'll bet its very private in keeping with the low profile he prefers. he is very handsome i know they are cousins but he could be wills twin!!
am i the only one that did a double take when the article said her mothers name was KITTY KELLY!!!! remember she's the woman thats written so many books about the royal family and famous people, made me do a double take!
*quote"announce the engagement of their son Peter Phillips to Autumn, daughter of Mr Brian and Mrs Kitty Kelly"
Old 07-30-2007, 09:56 AM
Commoner

CONGRATULATIONS TO PETER AND AUTUMN!
I think this is fantastic news. I have a feeling that the wedding will be in November or perhaps in early 2008. I hope that its televised. I know that many of us Canadians will be wanting to watch.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:01 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
I'm trying to remember, but is Autumn the first North American to marry this close of a relation to the Monarch?

Old 07-30-2007, 10:17 AM
Courtier

Congratulations!
Old 07-30-2007, 10:21 AM
Courtier

Congratulations to the couple.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:27 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jennifer View Post
I'm trying to remember, but is Autumn the first North American to marry this close of a relation to the Monarch?
Hi Lady Jennifer, No... remember Wallace Simpson? She would have been Queen! I think she got the closest...
Old 07-30-2007, 10:49 AM
Nobility

The Countess of St. Andrews is Canadian as well.

This is such great news- it will be interesting to see how quiet the actual event is since the engagement announcement was so low key.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:32 AM
Serene Highness

Congats!! He seems like such a nice and ground person, seems his mom got her wish, that her children could grow up a little more normal then any HRH children. Although I don't really think the HRH has hurt PR Beatrice or Eugenie. I know the Queen is probably very excited since I have heard that Peter is very special to her and Prince Philip, being the first grandchild always has a special place in most grandparents hearts. I know he probably wont take it but I would also love to see him be granted a title, if for no other reason then his children, it is something he can pass on. If he now had a title, once Prince Charles becomes King, he would still have his title, not just be a fringe member of the royal family. IMO
Old 07-30-2007, 12:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
The Princess Royal is obviously concerned with more important things than her attire. So long as the clothes are appropriate for the occasion that is all she concerns herself with. IWS that I wish I could still fit into clothes I wore when I was 20 something!!
I agree Princess Anne has a great figure and I like that fashion is not the main thing on her mind.I think she will dress approriately for the occasion as she always does.I wish Peter and Autumn much happiness
Old 07-30-2007, 12:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

I Wish Them All The Happiness in the World!
Old 07-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Royal Highness

Best wishes to the couple!
Old 07-30-2007, 03:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

If The Queen grants Peter a peerage, then it would be appropriate for Autumn to wear a tiara on her wedding day. Otherwise, it would not make sense, especially in the presence of The Queen and other members of the royal family.

Tags
autumn kelly, autumn phillips, engagement, line of succession, peter phillips, styles and titles, wedding preparations