Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly Engaged: July 30, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen may offer an Earldom since Peter is her eldest grandchild, but he may decline it out of respect for his parents' wish that their children not carry titles.

I would love it if he would have a title, but I can't see it. I am sure the Queen would grant him one if he wanted it, and she would love it if he wanted to join the 'Firm', but I can't see him wanting that. He wants a private life. He's always had that and seems so happy with things as they are. maybe when Charles is King and there is perhaps a need for Peter, the older, married, perhaps paternal Peter might consider it. I know I would, for sure, be just fine with having a more public Peter! Yes, that would be just fine.... for a dream! :D

I know this couple are low profile and everything but news of their engagement has hardly made the news here in Britain!!:ohmy:

I think Windsor would be a nice place to have the wedding...but because we don't really know a lot about this couple who knows what their tastes are?:ermm: I can definately see it being in Britain though.

I don't think the couple will get any titles bestowed on them. I don't think Peter would want one. It sort of defeats the point of Anne bringing him up without any titles.:ermm:

I hope the palace release engagement photos too - I have a feeling they won't though. I suppose with this being the first of the Queen's grandchildren to marry we have nothing to compare it to (and we can't exactly compare what William and Harry's future engagements will be like).

Congratulation to them! I thought the first young British royal couple to announce the engagement would be his sister. I think I caught by surprise!

:ROFLMAO:Any news on the date or location? It would be nice for a Fall wedding to coincide with the Queen and Prince Philip's 60th wedding anniversary. I have two guesses for location --- 1.) St. George's Chapel, Windsor with the Queen hosting a wedding luncheon at the Castle after the ceremony; 2.) the Church near Sandringham w/the Queen hosting a luncheon at Sandringham after the ceremony. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if the ceremony took place in Scotland near Balmoral -- although I don't think the Queen goes to Scotland in the Fall/Winter.

Anyone else think that there was a need to get this wedding "done" before another possible "BIG" wedding in London next year? I do!

Yes, for who ever asked, Autumn is catholic.

So Peter loses his place in the line of succession? Oh well, the things we do for love....:wub:

It's honestly good that royals can marry really anyone these days, as long as they don't have too much of an embarrassing history.

Tiara for Peter Phillips Bride

Since there is an upcoming wedding of a grandchild of the Queen, the question on my mind is this:
Will Autumn wear a tiara at her wedding to Peter Phillips?

I'd like to see her in the festoon tiara which Princess Anne received as a gift in the 1970's.

Here is a link to a photo of her wearing it (sorry that VOGUE covers part of the tiara) but the picture also highlights a beautiful necklace (I believe she received it for her 18th birthday from the Queen and Prince Phillip).
http://www.fashion-era.com/images/SocialHistory/annefur.jpg

here is another link to a photo of Princess Anne wearing the piece:
http://www.islandsun.com/2005-February/19022005/PRINCESS ROYAL OFFICIAL PORT.JPG

What does everyone else think?

Congrats to Peter and Autumn. Autumn is such an interesting name.

I'm glad with this announcement:flowers:This is properly in accordance of the seniority of cousins.
Earlier, we have heard Prince William would be marrying Catherine Middleton soon but now it's actually Peter Phillips who will be marrying first.
So we don't need Prince William to be so hurry, because after this Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall, later on the most awaited one. Starting this year we shall begin to see the Grandchildren of Her Majesty The Queen marrying one by one, Godwilling.

Congratulations Peter:kiss:Autumn

I read the news in the Herald Sun this morning, but didn't have time to come and post before I had to go to school, so I shall do it now!

Congratulations to Peter and Autumn, and both sets of parents, grandparents and families! :heartflower:

31 year old Autumn Kelly, a former management consultant from Canada, I believe.

As a proud Canadian, I'm thrilled that Peter and Autumn are getting married. What wonderful news. I always knew that she was the one for him. I hope to see some engagement photos soon! There isn't a date set from what I have read, maybe they will decide to get married on Peter's 30th birthday on Nov. 15th. Many congratulations to Autumn and Peter and their families.:wub:

YAY That's wonderfull ! :flowers::flowers:

Congratulations Peter and Autumn :wub:

they look to be a lovely couple, i wish them all the happiness and joy
,it's great we have a wedding to look forward to, but i'll bet its very private in keeping with the low profile he prefers. he is very handsome i know they are cousins but he could be wills twin!!
am i the only one that did a double take when the article said her mothers name was KITTY KELLY!!!! remember she's the woman thats written so many books about the royal family and famous people, made me do a double take!
*quote"announce the engagement of their son Peter Phillips to Autumn, daughter of Mr Brian and Mrs Kitty Kelly"

CONGRATULATIONS TO PETER AND AUTUMN!
I think this is fantastic news. I have a feeling that the wedding will be in November or perhaps in early 2008. I hope that its televised. I know that many of us Canadians will be wanting to watch.

I'm trying to remember, but is Autumn the first North American to marry this close of a relation to the Monarch?

I'm trying to remember, but is Autumn the first North American to marry this close of a relation to the Monarch?

Hi Lady Jennifer, No... remember Wallace Simpson? She would have been Queen! I think she got the closest...

The Countess of St. Andrews is Canadian as well.

This is such great news- it will be interesting to see how quiet the actual event is since the engagement announcement was so low key.

Congats!! He seems like such a nice and ground person, seems his mom got her wish, that her children could grow up a little more normal then any HRH children. Although I don't really think the HRH has hurt PR Beatrice or Eugenie. I know the Queen is probably very excited since I have heard that Peter is very special to her and Prince Philip, being the first grandchild always has a special place in most grandparents hearts. I know he probably wont take it but I would also love to see him be granted a title, if for no other reason then his children, it is something he can pass on. If he now had a title, once Prince Charles becomes King, he would still have his title, not just be a fringe member of the royal family. IMO

The Princess Royal is obviously concerned with more important things than her attire. So long as the clothes are appropriate for the occasion that is all she concerns herself with. IWS that I wish I could still fit into clothes I wore when I was 20 something!!
I agree Princess Anne has a great figure :cool:and I like that fashion is not the main thing on her mind.I think she will dress approriately for the occasion as she always does.I wish Peter and Autumn much happiness:flowers::wub:

I Wish Them All The Happiness in the World!

If The Queen grants Peter a peerage, then it would be appropriate for Autumn to wear a tiara on her wedding day. Otherwise, it would not make sense, especially in the presence of The Queen and other members of the royal family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom