The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 11:51 AM
Royal Highness

Will they're kids be in line to the British throne, too?

Old 07-29-2007, 11:51 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
what is known of autumn? they seem to have kept quite a low profile.
Yeah... there's not quite information on them really. BBC mentions that they first met each other at the Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal in 2003. Soon after, Autumn (a 31-year-old management consultant) moved to Britain and is living with Peter (29) in a cottage on his mother's Gloucestershire estate, Gatcombe Park.

BBC NEWS | UK | Princess Anne's son set to marry

Old 07-29-2007, 11:58 AM
Courtier

Wake up call for those whishing/naively dreaming that the wedding could happen in Canada: Autumn is from Montreal which is in Québec. That is the «French» speaking province of Canada, where in the 17xxs the French were conquered by the British and in the peace treaty French Canadians kept the right to keep their language and their religion. Quebec also has a *&%* independantist movement (a few bombings in the 60s and a political party that was in power on and off since Nov1976) . Also, for security reasons, the Queen doesn't come to the province of Quebec since the late 50s or early 60s (except for the 76 Montreal Olympics).
Old 07-29-2007, 01:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Yahoo Canada !
British queen's eldest grandson to marry: Buckingham Palace - Yahoo! Canada News

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 07-29-2007, 01:47 PM
Royal Highness

Is Autumn a Catholic? I read some people say she was, if she is and doesn't convert Peter loses his place in L.O.S.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Congrats to him. Such sadness though...he was one of my crushes. I had always hoped I would meet & catch his eye.

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 07-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Maybe the Queen will offer him a title before the marriage?
The Queen may offer an Earldom since Peter is her eldest grandchild, but he may decline it out of respect for his parents' wish that their children not carry titles.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:13 PM
Courtier

exciting news!!! something to look forward to ......this time..maybe a winter wedding??? I hope the palace will release some engagement photos soon.... & more details regarding the wedding....
Old 07-29-2007, 03:17 PM
Nobility

I was looking forward it. Congratulations!
Old 07-29-2007, 03:28 PM
Royal Highness

This is great news. Autumn seems like a very nice and sweet woman.
Congratulations to the couple.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg View Post
The Queen may offer an Earldom since Peter is her eldest grandchild, but he may decline it out of respect for his parents' wish that their children not carry titles.
I would love it if he would have a title, but I can't see it. I am sure the Queen would grant him one if he wanted it, and she would love it if he wanted to join the 'Firm', but I can't see him wanting that. He wants a private life. He's always had that and seems so happy with things as they are. maybe when Charles is King and there is perhaps a need for Peter, the older, married, perhaps paternal Peter might consider it. I know I would, for sure, be just fine with having a more public Peter! Yes, that would be just fine.... for a dream!
Old 07-29-2007, 03:38 PM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
El hijo de la princesa Ana se casará con su novia canadiense, dos años mayor que él. SUR.es

congratulations!!!!!!!!!

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 07-29-2007, 03:59 PM
Nobility

I know this couple are low profile and everything but news of their engagement has hardly made the news here in Britain!!

I think Windsor would be a nice place to have the wedding...but because we don't really know a lot about this couple who knows what their tastes are? I can definately see it being in Britain though.

I don't think the couple will get any titles bestowed on them. I don't think Peter would want one. It sort of defeats the point of Anne bringing him up without any titles.

I hope the palace release engagement photos too - I have a feeling they won't though. I suppose with this being the first of the Queen's grandchildren to marry we have nothing to compare it to (and we can't exactly compare what William and Harry's future engagements will be like).
Old 07-29-2007, 04:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
Will they're kids be in line to the British throne, too?
As long as they don't convert to Catholicism, they'll be in the line of succession.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:27 PM
Aristocracy

Congratulation to them! I thought the first young British royal couple to announce the engagement would be his sister. I think I caught by surprise!
Old 07-29-2007, 07:46 PM
Courtier

Any news on the date or location? It would be nice for a Fall wedding to coincide with the Queen and Prince Philip's 60th wedding anniversary. I have two guesses for location --- 1.) St. George's Chapel, Windsor with the Queen hosting a wedding luncheon at the Castle after the ceremony; 2.) the Church near Sandringham w/the Queen hosting a luncheon at Sandringham after the ceremony. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if the ceremony took place in Scotland near Balmoral -- although I don't think the Queen goes to Scotland in the Fall/Winter.

Anyone else think that there was a need to get this wedding "done" before another possible "BIG" wedding in London next year? I do!
Old 07-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Commoner

Yes, for who ever asked, Autumn is catholic.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaratop View Post
Yes, for who ever asked, Autumn is catholic.
So Peter loses his place in the line of succession? Oh well, the things we do for love....

It's honestly good that royals can marry really anyone these days, as long as they don't have too much of an embarrassing history.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:43 PM
Royal Highness

Tiara for Peter Phillips Bride

Since there is an upcoming wedding of a grandchild of the Queen, the question on my mind is this:
Will Autumn wear a tiara at her wedding to Peter Phillips?

I'd like to see her in the festoon tiara which Princess Anne received as a gift in the 1970's.

Here is a link to a photo of her wearing it (sorry that VOGUE covers part of the tiara) but the picture also highlights a beautiful necklace (I believe she received it for her 18th birthday from the Queen and Prince Phillip).
http://www.fashion-era.com/images/So...ry/annefur.jpg

here is another link to a photo of Princess Anne wearing the piece:
http://www.islandsun.com/2005-Februa...IAL%20PORT.JPG

What does everyone else think?

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 07-29-2007, 11:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Congrats to Peter and Autumn. Autumn is such an interesting name.

Tags
autumn kelly, autumn phillips, engagement, line of succession, peter phillips, styles and titles, wedding preparations