Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly Engaged: July 30, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a tabloid is being that ambiguous about it, I think it's probably safe to say he wasn't offered a title. There's precedent for a man to be offered a title in order that a bride from the royal family will be something more than just Mrs, but there's no reason to give an untitled man a title when he's marrying a commoner.

If a tabloid is being that ambiguous about it, I think it's probably safe to say he wasn't offered a title. There's precedent for a man to be offered a title in order that a bride from the royal family will be something more than just Mrs, but there's no reason to give an untitled man a title when he's marrying a commoner.

But if he really is her favorite grandchild?? And since his dad and mom turned it down FOR him, when he was too young to speak for himself, maybe she thought she'd at least OFFER, since he's old enough to decide for himself? I mean, back then she might have felt she couldn't force the issue, but with this "big event" coming up, at least lay the offer on the table?

Then again, maybe she really didn't offer and the tabloid is full of nonsense...

even though she turned it down, it doesnt mean anything..alot of people before have turned it down!

Maybe this question has been asked, but do you think that the Queen will give Peter a title on the wedding day? sorry if this has be asked before.

She might, but I imagine this will be discussed prior to the wedding day. Given that Peter has lived a private life without any title and makes his own living, I doubt he will wish to be created a Peer.

She might, but I imagine this will be discussed prior to the wedding day. Given that Peter has lived a private life without any title and makes his own living, I doubt he will wish to be created a Peer.

I agree. I wonder if Peter even cares. I don't think I would if I were him - or Zara, for that matter. He works for RBS and she's one h*ll of a horsewoman.

They're potentially two of the most down-to-earth members of the bunch. If I had the chance to have dinner at any BRF member's home, I think Anne's would be my first pick. I'd love to meet them.

Peter Phillips to marry his Canadian sweetheart at Balmoral | the Daily Mail

Again, the reliability of the article could be suspect, but if it's true, it muddies the waters a bit further. What benefit could marrying in the Church of Scotland do for them? It wouldn't negate the clause against marrying a Catholic. Also, unless there is a priest present, it wouldn't be acknowledged by the Catholic church. Curiouser and curiouser.:ohmy:

I don't know either. I wish the palace would announce a date and place. The suspense is killing me.:bang:

Peter Phillips to marry his Canadian sweetheart at Balmoral | the Daily Mail

Again, the reliability of the article could be suspect, but if it's true, it muddies the waters a bit further. What benefit could marrying in the Church of Scotland do for them? It wouldn't negate the clause against marrying a Catholic. Also, unless there is a priest present, it wouldn't be acknowledged by the Catholic church. Curiouser and curiouser.:ohmy:

Or it could simply be that that's where they prefer to marry, no ulterior motives involved.

Crathie Kirk looks like a really small chapel. How will they sqeeze members of the royal family in there. I think Peter really likes Scotland, and that's where his heart must really belong, so if that pleases them they should get married there. I just wish they would announce the date officially so I can mark it on my calender.

Maybe they want to find a reason not to invite too many people and keep it very private and low profile....:cool:
We have to be happy if they publish at least one photo of the married couple....:cool:

Elspeth, there is a historic precedent when a king created his granddaughters through female line "Highnesses" with the title and rank of princesses of the UK:

from the Wiki-article about Princess Alexandra, The Duchess of Fife (in her own right) - Alexandra nad her sister Maud both were the daughters of a Princess Royal....

On 5 November 1905, King Edward VII declared her mother Princess Royal. He further ordered Garter King of Arms to gazette Lady Alexandra Duff and her sister Lady Maud Duff as Princesses of Great Britain and Ireland with the style and attribute of Highness and precedence immediately after all members of the British Royal Family bearing the style of Royal Highness. From that point, Her Highness Princess Alexandra of Fife held her title and rank, not from her father (a Duke), but rather from the will of the Sovereign (her grandfather).

So the queen could order Garter to declare Peter and Zara prince and princess. problem is that their father does not held a peerage, so what prince/ss "of ?" should she declare them? But as she can make Peter into a prince, she can of course create a /any peerage for him.

Still no word on the identity of the officiating clergy? Church of Scotland? Church of England? Roman Catholic? Combination of all???

Odd.

I somehow doubt she is converting...maybe it's like an all-faiths thing. She doesn't even really have to bother...it's not like he will be King or anything.

Do you think pictures will be sold to Hello?

Last edited:
Here is an article saying that Peter and Autumn are definitely going to marry at Windsor and that it is to be a rather grand affair.
- Telegraph

Here is an article saying that Peter and Autumn are definitely going to marry at Windsor and that it is to be a rather grand affair.
- Telegraph

That's surprising.

Do you think Peter is paying for Autumn's dress or does the dressmaker do it for free because of the publicity?

Isn't her father a miner or somthing? I'm sure Peter is paying...and it will most certainly be designed by a famous designer and worth quite a lot

at
Isn't her father a miner or somthing? I'm sure Peter is paying...and it will most certainly be designed by a famous designer and worth quite a lot

Autumn's father is a retired executive with General Electric according to a recent article in Hello. So I'm sure her family would be covering at least some of the cost of the wedding. Who really knows though. As for the dress it will be great publicity for the designer. I'm sure that Autumn will make a beautiful bride:flowers:

I am confused about BP releasing press releases on Peter. They always say he is a "private" citizen and they won't comment, but they announced his engagement, so will they or won't they release a date for the wedding?

I am confused about BP releasing press releases on Peter. They always say he is a "private" citizen and they won't comment, but they announced his engagement, so will they or won't they release a date for the wedding?

Maybe they will...now that it's a big to do on the social calendar...

I'm convinced it will be at St Georges Windsor. Lesser Royals have married there such as Lady Helen.

I think as much as Peter keeps himself private - I do think he accepts that he is the Queen's grandson and some things are just expected. I believe he had a big bash at Windsor for his 21st (like all grandchildren).

On the subject of the dress I have 2 thoughts. Either this willl be the only thing her father will pay for or the dress maker will do it for nothing.

If the wedding is windsor the Queen will host the reception.

I'm convinced it will be at St Georges Windsor. Lesser Royals have married there such as Lady Helen.

I think as much as Peter keeps himself private - I do think he accepts that he is the Queen's grandson and some things are just expected. I believe he had a big bash at Windsor for his 21st (like all grandchildren).

On the subject of the dress I have 2 thoughts. Either this willl be the only thing her father will pay for or the dress maker will do it for nothing.

If the wedding is windsor the Queen will host the reception.

Well yeah...I'm not trying to make it about money but I don't think her family could afford such a grand affair of 800 people, if that's accurate. Not many people could...:ermm:

Well yeah...I'm not trying to make it about money but I don't think her family could afford such a grand affair of 800 people, if that's accurate. Not many people could...:ermm:

No I had 400 at my wedding and that was hard financially.

I have a feeling the same happened with Sophie her father paid for the dress.

So the wedding will be in May...
Does anyone know the exact date?

It's not a big deal that he is renouncing...he was never in training to be a senior royal anyway.

The wedding should be a nice affair though, obviously a moderate media event.

So will it be an Anglican or Roman Catholic Service its an Anglican Church isnt it??

Based on the Telegraph article, if it is to be believed, it seems to me that regardless of the form of the wedding service, a Catholic priest will be present as a witness. Under canon law, I believe it will make the marriage valid in the eyes of the Roman Catholic church.

Seeing as Prince Michael was married to his wife in a civil and not religious ceremony, as far as I know, won't this be the first time a member of the extended British royal family married according to Catholic rites (except of course, Nicholas Windsor, who is Catholic) at a wedding the Queen will attend?

The Queen is allowed to attend Catholic weddings, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom