The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 01:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzy2006 View Post
Thanks for your reply CasiraghiTrio... however maybe they can be an example to other line to the throne in the future.. If I'm not mistaken, Duke of Kent convert to Catholic...but how abt if the other way round ???

I believe its the Duchess of Kent that you are referring to. As far as I know nothing has changed with the Duke of Kent.

Old 08-26-2007, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1972 View Post
I believe its the Duchess of Kent that you are referring to. As far as I know nothing has changed with the Duke of Kent.
Yes, I think you're right. The Duchess and Lord Nicholas are Catholic now, but I don't think the Duke is Catholic.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:12 AM
Aristocracy

Oh.. but if I'm nost mistaken Duke of Kent is still in line for the throne.. but yeah, doesnt effect anything but wonder if there are some restriction in the religion....
Old 08-28-2007, 04:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duke of Kent is still in the line of succession because when he and the Duchess got married she was an Anglican.

It would be totally unfair, if a person's conversions AFTER the wedding was to take their partner our of the line of succession.

Imagine a certain late Princess, who at the height of the war with her ex-husband had been able to get him out of the line of succession by a conversion to Roman Catholicism.

As the Duchess of Kent had been an Anglican at the time of the marriage, and for about 30+ years afterwards, it wouldn't be fair to penalise her husband for a decision she made after all those years. Her children's decision to convert was made in the full knowledge of the consequences, as was Prince Michael's decision to marry a RC.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Has a location or date been set for Peter's marriage?
Old 09-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Aristocracy

There's no new info on a date or location for Peter and Autumn's wedding yet. I should think that something must be decided on by now.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:18 PM
Serene Highness

I have never understood why the Duke of Kent can still be in the line of succesion as no King/Queen of the U.K. can have a catholic spouse. He now has one so, hypothetically, if he was ever next in line he could never ascend the throne with the Duchess as his wife.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Aristocracy

Did she ever say she will convert her religion, so Peter Phillips can stay in the line of succession?

Philip Elmer-Dewitt, in Time Magazine
Old 10-17-2007, 03:28 PM
Nobility

Peter admits to relief over him and Autumn being 'left alone'

Peter admits to relief over him and Autumn being 'left alone'

Click on link to read full story and see new photo of couple
Old 11-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

May it be, that the couple will marry without attention of the public?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Nobility

Hey guys did you here, Peter and Autumn are going to marry at Windsor Castle next May and William is to be the best man.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:51 PM
Courtier

They will marry in May 2008 also Peter asked William to be Best Man..

News | Royals | Peter to wed Autumn... In spring | The Sun |HomePage|News|Royals|Royals

Old 11-16-2007, 01:28 PM
Courtier

William as best man

The article only says "Prince William, who is extremely close to Peter, may be the best man."
Old 11-16-2007, 01:51 PM
Courtier

That would be wonderful! I can't wait. I wonder if the wedding will be televized and will Autumn get a tiara?
Old 11-16-2007, 02:13 PM
Nobility

She will probably get some kind of tiara, maybe one of Anne's. It is wonderful to finally have a date. I wonder if Autumn will attend the service for the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh's wedding anniversary?
Old 11-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Aristocracy

This is fantastic news. I love St. George's chapel. I think it will be a wonderful place for them to exchange their vows. Maybe they will get married on Autumn's birthday which is the begining of May or maybe Zara's. That would be really nice too.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Serene Highness

Is the Sun a reliable source?
Old 11-18-2007, 04:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
Is the Sun a reliable source?
I'm thinking the same.

I don't think I'll believe a date has been set until it is officially announced.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Nobility

Anglican or ecumenical service (Anglican + Catholic)? Any news on that front?

Thanks!
Old 11-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Courtier

From the Sun..

Quote:
Her Majesty, who dotes on her first grandchild
That's interesting...

Closed Thread

Tags
autumn kelly, autumn phillips, engagement, line of succession, peter phillips, styles and titles, wedding preparations