The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 07:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Nope, Autumn was born in spring, in May to be precisely.

May is Autumn in the southern hemisphere of course so maybe the parents used that idea for her name.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:14 PM
Heir Apparent

And a royal name, too, since it was Queen Mary's nickname.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
May is Autumn in the southern hemisphere of course so maybe the parents used that idea for her name.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
I think we can assume that the given name will include two or three names, no more. I would think that Kelly Anne Phillips is a good posibility. I don't think they seem traditional enough to go with old fashion names, but would LOVE it if they named her Elizabeth. There are so many knicknames for Elizabeth that are cute such as Libby, Beth, Liz, Betsey or Liza. This would allow William and Catherine to have an Elizabeth, too.
I think so too I can't see them going for more than two or three name.I actually like the flow of three names better than four.
I hope they use Kelly or some variation of the spelling since it's my name and not commonly given now days.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:45 AM
Courtier

Hopefully, we shall know the name perhaps by the 14th February 2011.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:20 AM
Nobility

There are lots of possible names to honor the women on Prince Philip's side of the family: Alice for his mother, Cecilie for his favorite sister who died in a plane crash, and Victoria for the grandmother who raises him while his mother was being treated for her problems. His other sisters were Margarita, Theodora and Sophie, though I don't think they'll be used.

I know Anne has Alice as one of her names, but I'm surprised that Victoria and Cecilie haven't yet turned up yet among Philip's grandchildren. There is already a Louise, which was the name of Philip's aunt.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:48 AM
Nobility

Yes it's odd Victoria has not been use in a while.I always thought if Charles had a daughter that would be her first name.

I'm sure it will be used at some point probably by Prince William and Catherine maybe Prince Harry since they are more in direct line and would go for more traditional names.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:22 AM
Aristocracy

I fully expect that Victoria is being reserved out for the next daughter of the first/second in line to the throne. If William & Kate have a girl, then I suspect she'll be our next Victoria.

As far as Peter & Autumn's new baby girl... I agree with the possibility of Anne or Elizabeth surfacing amongst the middle names. Does anyone know the name of Mark Phillips' mother? That might also be a name for consideration.

We haven't had a Mary in a long while, so maybe that could be on the list. Perhaps Helena or Charlotte too.

I kind of like the way Mary Charlotte Elizabeth rolls off the tongue.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:05 AM
Royal Highness

I'd like to see the baby named Elizabeth, with Anne as a middle name.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
I fully expect that Victoria is being reserved out for the next daughter of the first/second in line to the throne. If William & Kate have a girl, then I suspect she'll be our next Victoria.

As far as Peter & Autumn's new baby girl... I agree with the possibility of Anne or Elizabeth surfacing amongst the middle names. Does anyone know the name of Mark Phillips' mother? That might also be a name for consideration.

We haven't had a Mary in a long while, so maybe that could be on the list. Perhaps Helena or Charlotte too.

I kind of like the way Mary Charlotte Elizabeth rolls off the tongue.
Anne Patricia Tiarks - source: thepeerage.com

And, of course - how could I forget: many congratulations to the Phillips family I am sure they are over the moon and I think they will do really well.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:36 AM
Gentry

I would be very surprised if they use a traditional name or Kelly, for that matter, which is out of fashion in Canada and the United States. I think it will end up being something never used before in any of their families but probably a name that is quite trendy in upper class circles in England. Take a look at the birth announcements in the Telegraph and you see names for girls like Arabella, Clementine, Flora, Hermione, Imogen, Jemima, Ottilie. If they like the cuter names, it could be Daisy, Maisie, Poppy, etc. Nancy seems to be a bit more common right now in the UK and that's a nickname for Anne. Then there's the most popular list and names like Olivia, Chloe, Jessica, Lily, Amelia.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:55 AM
Courtier

I think that they are going to "keep" Elizabeth for William and Catherine. I'm thinking that there is a good chance that Victoria makes a reappearance ... or Alice.

Here are some suggestions:

Victoria Anne Elizabeth
Alice Elizabeth Anne
Old 12-31-2010, 11:47 AM
Heir Apparent

I'd like them to honour deceased British Queens or Princesses: Alexandrina or Alexandra, Alice, Helena would be nice choices, IMO.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:55 AM
Courtier

- Mary Zara Louise Josephine
- Victoria Eliza Alexandra Kitty
- Alice Anne Kelly Marie
Old 12-31-2010, 12:00 PM
Heir Apparent

I think Victoria is too much for Peter's daughter. I believe it's indeed being reserved for William's future daughter. I like Margaret too, but I don't think they'll name her Margaret. Elizabeth or Anne are indeed possible, but very very predictable as well.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:08 PM
Nobility

How about Petra Anne Elizabeth Phillips? That name is not only for Peter, but also a nod to his Greek heritage through grandfather Philip.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:28 PM
Nobility

How about Anna?
Old 12-31-2010, 02:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight
I think Victoria is too much for Peter's daughter. I believe it's indeed being reserved for William's future daughter. I like Margaret too, but I don't think they'll name her Margaret. Elizabeth or Anne are indeed possible, but very very predictable as well.
Yes plus I read Diane always wanted to name a girl Victoria so I think William and Kate will do so in memory or something-
Old 12-31-2010, 02:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeralds and Opals
Hopefully, we shall know the name perhaps by the 14th February 2011.
Someone on another thread said by law they have to register baby by 6 weeks, so is that Valentines Day? How sweet!
Old 12-31-2010, 03:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charlotte Elizabeth Anne Philips

That has a beautiful cadence to it.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 12-31-2010, 04:38 PM
Nobility

I agree it's unlikely to be a very traditonal name something a little more trendy.I also like the name Fiona maybe Fiona Anne Kelly .

Victoria probably is being reserved for William and Catheine.Victoria Diana would be such a pretty name of course I guess there would be another name or two in there as well.