The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Aristocracy

Here in the U.S. it seems that one out of every two girls has the middle name Marie, which also happens to be my middle name. The other half seem to always have the middle name Elizabeth. While I doubt Autumn and Peter will give thier baby the middle name Marie, I think Elizabeth is almost a definate thing if it is a girl. For a boy I would cross off Philip (it just sounds too weird with the last name), but would suspect that either William, Peter, Mark, or even Timothy might be one of the middle names.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

I go for Kitty-Anne. Modern, yet lyrical.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I go for Kitty-Anne. Modern, yet lyrical.
I think Charlotte is a lovely name
Old 08-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Mum is Autumn so the kid should be April

Other types:
Abigail, Charlotte, Emma, Anne, Patricia
Christopher, Jacob, Arthur, Mark, Thomas, Patrick
Old 08-07-2010, 08:41 AM
Commoner

More traditional:
Alice Elizabeth Patricia Anne
George Philip Mark Peter

More modern:
Zoe Patricia Anne
Jack Philip Mark
Old 08-09-2010, 06:13 AM
Nobility

I think they will surprise us with baby's name
Old 08-09-2010, 06:36 AM
Serene Highness

Anne Elizabeth Mary Kelly

Anne Elizabeth Zara Petra
Old 08-09-2010, 07:11 AM
Aristocracy

i believe they will go for 3 names in total.
The second and third name will be traditional.

For a Girl:
Kitty Anne
Kathleen Anne
Katherine Anne
Catherine Anne
Patricia Anne
Kathleen Elizabeth

For a boy:

Mark Brian
Brian Antony
Andrew Brian

First name:
Something out of the TOP TEN/TWENTY CHART
William
Thomas
Alexander
George
Jacob
Henry

Emma
Olivia
Alice
Charlotte
Amelia
Sophie/Sophia
Matilda
Lilly
Eleanor
Victoria

My final guess is:

Isabella Katherine Anne
Jacob Mark Brian
Old 08-15-2010, 01:03 AM
Serene Highness

Congratulations to the Happy Couple. Just saw the Hello pics of them and William at Gatcombe Park last weekend (?) and Autumn's baby bump was w/out a doubt on show.

As for names...

I just have a feeling that Kelly will be there somewhere if it's a girl. Maybe not as the first name, but somewhere among the names as an homage to Autumn's side of the family. Saying that...I think/like...

Kelly Charlotte Anne Elizabeth Mary

For a boy...

Mark Michael David Alexander Malcolm

And there's my two cents Cdn on this subject.

edited to add... Just had a brains storm for a non traditional, but also traditional in a royal kind of way, anyway...

Zara is an Arabic name and the Windsors are close w/the Jordanian Royals, so if this a girl, then perhaps Noor or Rania?

More than likely not and more likely this my brain finally shutting down after a long and very hot day, but...There it is.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:12 PM
Commoner

It's also possible they may do as the Duke and Duchess of York did and go back to Victoria's offspring for name inspiration. The Earl and Countess of Wessex also went for one of the less popular female first names used in historically in the Royal Family with Louise.
It's entirely possible we could see an Alice, Adelaide, Maud, Mary or Helena, which are all names some of Victoria's daughter's bore. Or for a boy, they could be Albert, Louis, Alfred, Leopold (unlikely!), Alexander.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Considering the pair have no royal titles and two first names that aren't very royal.
I'm thinking it's highly unlikely they are going to pick a royal name as far back as Victoria's children.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Considering the pair have no royal titles and two first names that aren't very royal.
I'm thinking it's highly unlikely they are going to pick a royal name as far back as Victoria's children.
I don't think it's likely either, I am simply pointing out there are various possibilities which can all be speculated on :)
Old 08-20-2010, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Just because the couple have no royal titles I wouldnt' think that would bear in mind if they happen to like the names of Victoria's children. Five of the names have been active in the current family for the last 20 years: Edward (an uncle to Peter), Alice (the name of a beloved Great Aunt), Beatrice (already used by the Yorks), Arthur (already used by the Chattos), Louise (already used by the Wessex's).

That leaves Alfred, Leopold, Helena and Victoria open if they like the name. With the exception of Alfred and Leopold, I think the last two are names that can be associated with the old and the young. As to their names not being royal.....maybe they are traditional and because their names are not "traditional" they might actually seek it.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Gentry

Names and it's getting near the due date

Any news on this baby yet?

William would be a distinct possibility for a boy, since he's the future king. Personally, I hope it's Mark for a boy--after all Peter is named for HIS grandfather. Although Philip Phillips would be awful I hope they stick Philip in among the names as a 90th birthday gift. A girl--expect Anne in there somewhere. I hope they don't pick anything too "out there" but hope they keep their low key lifestyle by picking something that blends in well with others of the generation at large.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopewell View Post
Any news on this baby yet?

William would be a distinct possibility for a boy, since he's the future king. Personally, I hope it's Mark for a boy--after all Peter is named for HIS grandfather. Although Philip Phillips would be awful I hope they stick Philip in among the names as a 90th birthday gift. A girl--expect Anne in there somewhere. I hope they don't pick anything too "out there" but hope they keep their low key lifestyle by picking something that blends in well with others of the generation at large.
I would assume that they would chose to honor Philip the way Anne did for Peter by making Andrew after Philip's dad a middle name.
I also think that Alice after Philip's mom would be a posibilty, and it sounds nice with Philips. Perhaps for a girl, Kelly would be the middle name? I see now that I'm not the only one thinking Kelly as a middle name, sorry for being redundant.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:31 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The baby isn't here yet, and I think they will choose an original name as a first one. Then add a sentimental name for a middle name.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Nobility

Boy:
Anthony Christopher William

Girl:
Caroline Elizabeth Anne
Old 11-30-2010, 05:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

There hasn't been a Jacquetta or Peregrine for a while.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Serene Highness

Well since her name is Autumn, how about Winter-Grace
I think they will pick something a little more traditional but I don't really expect a "royal" first name.

For a girl I like:
Emma Anne Kelly

for a boy I like:
Jack Phillip David
Old 12-01-2010, 05:33 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
There hasn't been a Jacquetta or Peregrine for a while.
Has there ever?
I have only heard of Peregrine Took from Lord of the Rings.