The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 06:27 PM
Aristocracy

It's well known that Peter philips is the queen favorite grandchild so I realy think if it's a girl,he will name her Elizabeth besides the baby will be the first great grandchid of the queen.for a boy ,maybe philip!!??

Old 07-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by asma View Post
It's well known that Peter philips is the queen favorite grandchild so I realy think if it's a girl,he will name her Elizabeth besides the baby will be the first great grandchid of the queen.for a boy ,maybe philip!!??
Philip Phillips? I highly doubt it.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2rhyme View Post
you're right.It realy sounds silly.so maybe Charls?? Charls Philips sounds nice to me.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:

It actually amazes me how often people do give names like this to their children.

I have been doing some family research recently and the number of David Davids (different birth years and places of birth), Peter Peters, William Williams I have come across is staggering. I would have though maybe one or two but it has been a lot more - about 1000 or more
Old 07-16-2010, 10:29 PM
Aristocracy

Maybe since this baby is going to be born in 2010, there will be a diamond jubilee baby in 2012 as well. That would be something great for the family!
Old 07-16-2010, 11:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Maybe since this baby is going to be born in 2010, there will be a diamond jubilee baby in 2012 as well. That would be something great for the family!

As it is Anne's 60th birthday this year it is a lovely birthday present for her isn't it?

We are focussing a lot on the child being the Queen's first great-grandchild and forgetting that this means Anne will become a grandmother in this special year for her.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
As it is Anne's 60th birthday this year it is a lovely birthday present for her isn't it?

We are focussing a lot on the child being the Queen's first great-grandchild and forgetting that this means Anne will become a grandmother in this special year for her.
I didn't mean to be forgetting Anne in that statement. I'm sure she's over the moon with the news. I bet she is thrilled, I also bet that Zara is excited that she will become an aunt as well. Perhaps we will even see her name as one of the middle names.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:55 PM
Aristocracy

I don't know how many names the parents are likely to choose, but...

for a girl...
Alice Elizabeth Kelly Anne

and for a boy...
Alexander/Stephen Mark Peter William
Old 07-18-2010, 04:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I don't think they are going to have 4 middle names.
Peter only has one, so IMO it'll be a first name and middle name only.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:45 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I don't think they are going to have 4 middle names.
Peter only has one, so IMO it'll be a first name and middle name only.
Peter has two. Peter Mark Andrew Phillips and Zara has Anne and Elizabeth for middle names.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Peter has two. Peter Mark Andrew Phillips and Zara has Anne and Elizabeth for middle names.
That still slightly proves my point, I think they are only going to go for one and for a girl it'll more than likely be Anne or Elizabeth and for a boy Mark or Peter.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:51 PM
Courtier

I like to follow the names coming in and out of style and while I love traditional names, I`m thinking Peter and Autumn will go with something a little less traditional than Anne or Elizabeth. Autumn is not a traditional name, neither is Zara for that matter. I`m guessing they`ll choose a semi-traditional name that is popular without being extremely trendy. Autumn is Canadian, so maybe they`ll choose one of the names that are popular in both the UK and Canada right now.

Some examples: Olivia, Ruby, Grace, Chloe, Isabella, Abigail, Sophia, Lily, Emma--all really common in both the UK and Canada. For boys: Daniel, Ethan, Alexander, Benjamin, Max, Thomas, Adam.

I think there will either be one or two middle names and they will probably be family names. For boys, Mark, Bryan or maybe Christopher after Autumn`s twin brother; for girls, Anne or Elizabeth or Patricia. I`m definitely betting on Elizabeth as a middle name, actually, just because so many people I know have Elizabeth as a middle name anyway, without the Queen being their great-grandmother.

Okay, I`ll make up a few names for guesses:
Benjamin Mark Peter
Adam Mark Christopher

Grace Elizabeth Patricia
Ruby Anne Elizabeth

I was going for Anne Patricia as a middle name combo for one of those names, but since that gives me the initials G.A.P. and R.A.P., I thought better of it.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:28 PM
Courtier

I love Emma Anne Elizabeth for a girl ... I love George Henry David for a boy
Old 07-20-2010, 04:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Providing that the baby is due, more or less, on Winter Solstice, my suggestions are:

A son: Oscar Edward Mark Phillips
A daughter: Francesca Victoria Anne Phillips

Oscar & Francesca are protagonists of the novel titled "Winter Solstice" written by Rosamunde Pilcher
Old 07-20-2010, 04:23 PM
Nobility

Edgar Peter William

Catherine Anne Elisabeth
Old 07-21-2010, 11:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

For sure, we'll all be waiting for some time to know the names of the new baby. The only males I know named Oscar are kitty-cats!
Old 07-21-2010, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent

I think Francesca is a lovely name.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Aristocracy

If you look at the Phillips family tree( Yes I did this LOL!) It seems that for the boys anyways are named after their grandfather for at least one of their names. Peter was named after his grandfather so for sure I would think that the baby if its a boy will be probably after the grandfathers. As for a girl I think Kelly is a fantastic idea (It's my name!) and following tradition after her grandmothers. We still have a while before the baby arrives but its fun no the less!
Old 07-25-2010, 10:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I think it is never too early to start talking about baby names. For a girl I think that the middle name (or one of them) will either be Elizabeth or Anne. If it is a boy I think the middle name might be William. As for first names I could see them pulling out a name which has nothing to do with the family at all.
I think they will use a really popular name.. like Jack or Olivia.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Commoner

what about

Emma Louise Elizabeth
or
Rebecca Elizabeth Grace
anna-louise jayne elizabeth?

allan christopher andrew
roger philip bryan
liam mark andrew.

certainly when i was growing up, in my year, it seemed to be that every third girls middle name was louise or jayne/jane.

when i was in high school their were quite a few sets of twins one pair were in my class and were called autum and eve perhaps autum will call her daughter eve but i think that may be too weird

Closed Thread