The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Royal Highness

Well if it was me, for a girl I'd go for something like Anna Margurite (i.e. with an "a" instead of an "e" at the end of Ann) in honour of Peter's mother and for a boy maybe Marcus William or Marcus Edward?

Old 07-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Well if it was me, for a girl I'd go for something like Anna Margurite (i.e. with an "a" instead of an "e" at the end of Ann) in honour of Peter's mother and for a boy maybe Marcus William or Marcus Edward?
Those are great suggestions! I'd love it if there were a form of Margaret in the name.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Louise has Lord Ivar Mountbatten, Lady Sarah Chatto and Lady Alexandra Etherington.

James has no royal godparents.
Lady Louise's 3 are not Royal either.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:11 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasBee View Post
Lady Louise's 3 are not Royal either.
Lord Ivar is a descendant of Catherine The Great.
Lady Sarah Chatto is the daughter of Princess Margaret.
Lady Alexandra Etherington is the daughter of the Duke of Fife, and in line for the British Throne.

I'd call that royal.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Gentry

My guess is they will pick a name that no one has ever heard of but that is pretty trendy with the upper class, something along the lines of Jasper or Clementine. They'll probably add an Anne or Elizabeth or Mark or Peter as a middle name for the remote possibility that the child might actually have to reign someday.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Lady Alexandra Etherington is the daughter of the Duke of Fife, and in line for the British Throne.

I'd call that royal.
As Anne herself described her own children as not royal 'they just have the Queen for a grandmother' I think it is clear that even amongst the royal family HRH is necessary to be royal. It is possible to be related to the royal family but not be royal yourself e.g. Peter and Zara Philips and the above named persons - related to but not actually royal.

The suggestion has been made rather strongly that there is a need to reduce the size of the royal family and the most often put forward idea for doing this is to remove the HRH from Beatrice and Eugenie which again shows that the royals and their advisers regard the HRH as the distinguishing mark of a royal and hence again the above persons don't qualify.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Well we were talking about royal godparents, nothing to do with limiting the size of the royal family.
And IMO those three people count as "royal" godparents as opposed to known royals such as me or you.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Fredeick Albert Peter George!

Anne Grace Louise Patricia

Alastair for a boy Josette I Like for a girl

lol I Like Stephen...its my own name how about Frederick Arthur Winston Henry Stephen

Francis Alastair Bernard Hugh
Alexandra Patricia Louise Elizabeth

Desiree or
Rupert

Edmund Horatio Patrick Winston

Edwin Arthur Frederick Ferdinand
Old 07-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Serene Highness

Mark or Kitty
Old 07-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
For a historical name somewhere in there I would like to see Victoria and Albert. Ok.. dreaming here.. came up with a few names.

Elyse Victoria Alice
Louis Albert James

But that's just going historical from the BRF side... I'm sure they're going to remember both families when it comes to naming their child ... or just go with totally unrelated names all the way around.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

For a girl:

Alexandra Alice Elizabeth
Josephine Elizabeth Kelly
Marie Anne Victoria

For a boy:

Christian Alexander William
James Anthony David
Richard Stephen Henry
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 07-10-2010, 07:26 PM
Commoner

Quote:

I'd call that royal.
YOU may call them royal if you wish but it doesn't change the fact that they are NOT......(even though they had royal ancestors...e.g. Princess Margaret was royal, her children are not.)
Old 07-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasBee View Post
YOU may call them royal if you wish but it doesn't change the fact that they are NOT......(even though they had royal ancestors...e.g. Princess Margaret was royal, her children are not.)
I always thought that those that were considered "royal" had the title of HRH. A Lord or Lady might descend from royal blood but by themselves weren't royal with HRH.

Zara and Peter Phillips COULD be royal with the title but their mother chose otherwise. Am I correct here? Also presumably with the downsizing of the royal family that's been presented it will only be the children of the sovereign and the children of the heir of the sovereign that will be considered royal in the future with the HRH I think. So one could have royal blood but still not be considered royal?

Back on topic though, this will be the first great grandchild of HM and I can imagine she's over the moon about it.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Zara and Peter Phillips COULD be royal with the title but their mother chose otherwise. Am I correct here?
It would have taken Letters Patent as the Queen's father did when Prince Charles was expected. Without that he would have been Charles Mountbatten with the courtesy title Earl of Merionith.
Even if Mark Phillips had accepted a title his children would only have been Lord Peter Phillips & Lady Zara Phillips with Peter having use of a courtesy title.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Serene Highness

Wait, did I miss something, is Autumn Philips pregnant??
Old 07-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
Wait, did I miss something, is Autumn Philips pregnant??

Yes - it was officially announced a couple of days ago although I do remember reading something a month or so ago in a tabloid article that she was expecting.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Yes - it was officially announced a couple of days ago although I do remember reading something a month or so ago in a tabloid article that she was expecting.
Thanks! I found some articles on line about it! how exciting the Queen's first great grand child
Old 07-14-2010, 06:06 AM
Heir Apparent

I doubt if a seasonal theme to the name is adopted. Winter Phillips? Fall Phillips? Highly unlikely, IMO!
Old 07-14-2010, 08:22 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I doubt if a seasonal theme to the name is adopted. Winter Phillips? Fall Phillips? Highly unlikely, IMO!

I thought that the British used 'autumn' to describe the season between summer and winter not 'fall'.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:41 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I thought that the British used 'autumn' to describe the season between summer and winter not 'fall'.
We do, so the baby is unlikely goin to be Fall Phillps, when her mother is the equivalent.