The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-20-2011, 07:09 AM
Administrator

Please note that SEVERAL off topic posts relating to voting in the House of Lords as well as we Zara married name have been deleted as off topic as they have nothing to do with the subject of this thread..............Name & Godparent Suggestions for Autumn and Peter's Second Baby.

Let's stay on topic.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

I wasn't fond of the choice of Savannah, but if they have another girl I wouldn't be surprised if they make a similar choice: Sierra, Montana, Dakota, Carolina, Georgia.

Old 10-31-2011, 06:15 AM
Gentry

Hmm....name suggestions.

Miss Savannah Phillips and her sibling:

Indigo Kelly Eliza
or
Jasmine Jubilee Zara
or
Michael Andrew Kelly
or
Patrick Mark David

Godparent potential:

Beatrice, Autumn's brother, Harry, and Peter's sister Stephanie.
(Assuming that Zara was a Godmother to Savannah.??)
Old 10-31-2011, 11:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

One can be Godparent to more than one child at a time.

I do hope they do not stick this expected child with a "modern" name. Call me old fashioned, but I'm tired of all the made-up names and names of places for children. That goes for old names of places, too, like Florence, Paris, Vienna, etc.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
One can be Godparent to more than one child at a time.

I do hope they do not stick this expected child with a "modern" name. Call me old fashioned, but I'm tired of all the made-up names and names of places for children. That goes for old names of places, too, like Florence, Paris, Vienna, etc.
Me too Kitty. Although, pretty sounding (some of them) they are very much out of place in a traditional family and especially the BRF.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
Hmm....name suggestions.

Miss Savannah Phillips and her sibling:

Indigo Kelly Eliza
or
Jasmine Jubilee Zara
or
Michael Andrew Kelly
or
Patrick Mark David

Godparent potential:

Beatrice, Autumn's brother, Harry, and Peter's sister Stephanie.
(Assuming that Zara was a Godmother to Savannah.??)
I realise that a Godparent can be used twice but I'm guessing that they will spread this coveted task around.
The names I chose to match Savannah; it's the only information that I have indicating Autumn and Peter's preferences in names.

Extra Suggestions:

Katherine Skye Rosa - Kitty Phillips
or
Peregrine Ulrik Peter - Pupp Phillips or Falco Phillips.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think it would be nice to have these couples as godparents:
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge;
Zara Phillips and Mike Tindell;
Prince Edward and Sophie
I do believe they'll have a boy,an appropriate name could be:
Alexander,Phillip,Neil,Nigel
Old 02-26-2012, 03:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora
I think it would be nice to have these couples as godparents:
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge;
Zara Phillips and Mike Tindell;
Prince Edward and Sophie
I do believe they'll have a boy,an appropriate name could be:
Alexander,Phillip,Neil,Nigel
Phillip Phillips? As much as Peter may want to honor his grandfather.....I think it would be a bit redundant.
Ive always liked Alexander. But my guesses would be a bit more rogue ala Savannah...
Finn
Ian
Wyatt

Won't be long now
Old 02-28-2012, 02:25 PM
Gentry

They haven't announced Savanah's godparents or if she had any middle names, but I'd have put money on William as Godfather. Maybe he was and the Queen or Philip stood in for him. For this baby I think if it's a boy they might be a little more traditional. After all Peter is named for his Grandfather, so perhaps Mark? Philip Phillips would be ridiculous! Another girl--who knows! With it being a Jubilee year I hope, if it's a girl, that Elizabeth is among her names.

Savannah has a name sake in the Mountbatten cousins--one of Countess Mountbatten's granddaughters is also named Savannah.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:21 AM
Nobility

I have a feeling they probably went with the traditional two godparents. A royal tradition of having more, I doubt. I think they'd likely have gone with one godparent from either side. I am guessing Savannah had Zara and one of Autumn's brothers, likely Chris as he is her twin. If right, I assume they'll likely follow suit. I could see Autumn's other brother Kevin, and maybe Beatrice. Or two godfathers (possible as I have two godmothers) and have Will and Kevin. Or Will and a female relative of Autumn's.

I think they may follow suit like Anne. Less traditional for the first born, and now traditional with this one.

Girl:

Kathleen Elizabeth- if traditional
Christobel Jubilee- honor of Autumn's twin brother, and the queen's jubilee
Kelly Jubilee- for Autumn's family, become trendy to use a maiden name as first name
Claire Elizabeth- for Autumn's home town

Boy:
Mark Brian- traditional, for both grandfathers, like Peter is named for his
Patrick Mark- Patrick for Autumn's name Patricia and Mark
Giles Peter- after the Gilles Villeneu race park where they met (Montral Grand prix)

I don't see Montanna or some other American city name. Savannah is both a bar Autumn once worked, and has Anne in it as well. I don't see them using a second American city or state, IMO.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Courtier

I love Claire Elizabeth - it seems to have a nice balance of modern and traditional.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

I doubt Philip would be anywhere in the child's name, mainly because of their surname. Philip is in a few of the Queen's grandchildren's names, as is Elizabeth (all but Eugenie have Elizabeth), so perhaps Elizabeht will be in there. I doubt we'll ever know what their full name is, or who their godparent's are, as Peter and Autumn are a private pair.

I imagine Zara was one though, and perhaps other close relatives.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I doubt Philip would be anywhere in the child's name, mainly because of their surname. Philip is in a few of the Queen's grandchildren's names, as is Elizabeth (all but Eugenie have Elizabeth), so perhaps Elizabeht will be in there. I doubt we'll ever know what their full name is, or who their godparent's are, as Peter and Autumn are a private pair.

I imagine Zara was one though, and perhaps other close relatives.
Agree totally on Philip. And on Zara. I'd think likely Zara and Chris (or Kevin) likely were used for Savannah. We don't know Savannah's middle name (could see it having been Elizabeth), or her godparents, which makes the guesses harder.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Agree totally on Philip. And on Zara. I'd think likely Zara and Chris (or Kevin) likely were used for Savannah. We don't know Savannah's middle name (could see it having been Elizabeth), or her godparents, which makes the guesses harder.

All births are registered so if you want to know the middle names, then you can look it up.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe

All births are registered so if you want to know the middle names, then you can look it up.
How do we exactly look it up?
Old 03-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Nobility

If it was so simple, someone would have looked it up and reported it by now. Savannah had enough press when she was born, and all the speculation for her name. Her first name was never even officially announced, a minister let it slip.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:49 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Is there no protection on data privacy on registration of births (as well as death and marriage)?

In Germany it would be impossible to get a birth certificate for a child, you are not closely related to. But in Germany you could get a disclosure out of the register of residents. It contains Name (all first names and the family name) and the address. This is revealed to everyone (who pays a fee of about 8 euro). But there isn't such a registry in the UK. So how to do it?
Old 03-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Caroline Phillips would sound very nice!