The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-17-2011, 02:00 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
There's nothing wrong with the name Autumn. It's a lovely name, and the fact her parents chose to give her that name doesn't mean that the names she chooses to give her children become suspect as a result. That's not very fair. One of my closest friends has a very old, traditional name.....and named her youngest daughter Brooklyn.

Besides, Peter and Autumn are members of the Royal Family, not the Royal House. They're not under the same limitations in life that William and Catherine are, or that Harry and his future wife will be.
I am not saying that it is not a lovely sounding name it is one of those names that is fashionable at the moment, I had a class a few years back with about 5 Kimberleys and the same amount of Natashas, it is just so common sounding even though it is uncommon As to calling a girl Brooklyn, poor girl.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:44 AM
Aristocracy

Oh, I'll play!

There's nothing traditional about a name like Savannah (though I do think it's quite pretty).

If it's a boy, I offer:

Dallas
Austin
Logan

If it's another girl:

Brooklyn
Madison
Arabella

Old 10-17-2011, 04:50 AM
Courtier

I'll play too:

for a girl: Jubilee Elizabeth Phillips

Savannah and Jubilee are fitting, matching sibling names

for a boy: Rex Albert Phillips

???? Goodness knows, since they went totally American popular with their first, seems like it's anything goes!
Old 10-17-2011, 10:32 AM
Aristocracy

Last year i guessed Isabella Katherine Anne and Georgina Elizabeth Anne, but they went for Savannah. So my taste is totally different to their taste. But i try it anyway.

This year i guess:
Lauren or Samantha or Esmee for a girl (i somehow like Brianna to Savannah, but i think, it is not their taste). Also Kaylee, Alyssa, Eden, Marissa, Addison und Madison seem possible to me.

Logan or Aiden for a boy.

Do we meanwhile know, if Savannah has a 2. or 3. first name?
Old 10-17-2011, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie2006 View Post
If I remember right, the queen offered Mark a title, and he refused it. Had he taken the offer, Zara and Peter would have titles of some sort, since they're inherited through the male line.

I'm guess baby #2 is a boy. Here's my name suggestions:

Boy:

Noah

Girl:

Sienna or Scarlett

Godparents for a boy:
Prince William or Chris Kelly
family friend of Autumn

Godparents for a girl:
Zara Phillips
family friend of Autumn
i suggest same
Old 10-17-2011, 12:11 PM
Courtier

Do Savannah have only one name?
Old 10-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Luna
We don't know as it was never announced,
Old 10-17-2011, 11:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Luna View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
We don't know as it was never announced,
I was looking at the line of succession as listed on the official British monarchy site and they only have her listed Miss Savannah Phillips. Of course, the next line has a typo as it lists "Mrs.Zara Tindall."

But if Peter and Autumn are going completely non-traditional, I'd suggest Luke for a boy and Leia for a girl. And if they have twins, perfect!
Old 10-18-2011, 12:29 AM
Majesty

I like the name Kaylee that was suggested earlier. I think it'll go perfectly with the names that this particular family has; modern and unique (I haven't met anyone named 'Autumn' or 'Savannah'). Another name that could work is Ariana, or Ariadne (covers the unique factor, but sounds good for a child as well as a teen and adult). For a boy I would go with something like Aiden or Luke. They're unique but still modern.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:46 AM
Courtier

I like Aiden and Luke my nephew is called Luke. Scarlett is nice too. Of course Savannah came so far out of left field chances are it could be just as unusual.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S
I like the name Kaylee that was suggested earlier. I think it'll go perfectly with the names that this particular family has; modern and unique (I haven't met anyone named 'Autumn' or 'Savannah'). Another name that could work is Ariana, or Ariadne (covers the unique factor, but sounds good for a child as well as a teen and adult). For a boy I would go with something like Aiden or Luke. They're unique but still modern.
Kaylee's not unique- you can currently find six of them in every Mississippi kindergarten. I hope they choose something with a bit more dignity. I like your other suggestions.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:02 AM
Aristocracy

Autumn's mother's name is Kathleen and her father's name is Brian. Perhaps these names will appear.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:23 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thena
Of course, the next line has a typo as it lists "Mrs.Zara Tindall."
She is officially Mrs Zara Tindall, there's nothing wrong with that. Just because she has asked to be known by what is her maiden name doesn't make it officially.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma828 View Post
If the succession is changed so a female is eligible, I would think they would make titles through the female line a reality. It would seem funny to have a girl be a Crown Princess and her children not have royal titles.
I suspect if Anne and her children are moved up to be after Charles and his family (thus pushing down Andrew and Edward and their families), Anne's children (at the very least Peter) might have to be given HRH titles and even a peerage in order to ensure that they can't vote (they probably don't vote anyway), as well as recognizing their closeness to the Throne (and being CoS too).

That's assuming the change is retroactive....
Old 10-18-2011, 11:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Eagle

I suspect if Anne and her children are moved up to be after Charles and his family (thus pushing down Andrew and Edward and their families), Anne's children (at the very least Peter) might have to be given HRH titles and even a peerage in order to ensure that they can't vote (they probably don't vote anyway), as well as recognizing their closeness to the Throne (and being CoS too).

That's assuming the change is retroactive....
To give Peter and Zara titles a lot more than the act of succession will have to change, i believe because they inherited through the female line they wouldn't have got titles anyway. But the change won't be retroactive as it would put two extremely unprepared and unrecognisable people incredibly close to the throne. The change if I occurs at all will follow William and his children. Just like in Norway.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
To give Peter and Zara titles a lot more than the act of succession will have to change, i believe because they inherited through the female line they wouldn't have got titles anyway. But the change won't be retroactive as it would put two extremely unprepared and unrecognisable people incredibly close to the throne. The change if I occurs at all will follow William and his children. Just like in Norway.
Actually I meant that either the Queen give Peter and Zara's father title (not likely though as they're divorced) or she give directly to Peter (and Zara?)--unless giving the Princess Royal's husband a peerage will let him pass down to them his titles, even though they're his step-children?

In any case, I doubt this kind of situation would happen anyway--like you said it'd probably take effect with William and Catharine's children.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Giving Tim a title will do nothing for Zara and Peter. HM could give Peter and Zara titles as she's the fount of honour, but after 30 odd years without one in peace and quiet, I can imagine a "hell no" situation.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Lets get back on topic.

Any discussion regarding titles for Zara and Peter should be held here
The Phillips Children and Titles. In addition, any discussion regarding a change in the succession laws, should be discussed here Proposal for Equal Primogeniture Succession.

Thanks!

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 10-19-2011, 09:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
I'll play too:

for a girl: Jubilee Elizabeth Phillips
Jubilee is such a fitting name for the baby (if she's a girl) since the baby will be a silver jubilee baby for Queen Elizabeth II! :))
Old 10-19-2011, 09:26 PM
Courtier

Godparents:

Zara Phillips-Tindall
Prince William, Duke of Cambridge
and a Kelly family member