The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-15-2011, 12:41 AM
Majesty

Mike Tindall - Current Events

England captain and husband of The Queen's granddaughter linked to groping in a NZ bar | thetelegraph.com.au

Mike appears to be having fun in NZ for the World Cup but then again it is the Daily Telegraph repeating a story from The Sun so...

Old 09-15-2011, 04:13 AM
Courtier

All hearsay garbage which I am sure reporters could not wait to flash in the newspapers. Unfotutnately when you are married to royalty, one is immediately in the public eye. If there was actual hardcore evidence like photographs of Mike misbehaving then it would be a different story. A lot of times women do deliberately "throw" themselves at celebrities in order to see what type of reaction will transpire.

Old 09-15-2011, 04:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisiesforever View Post
All hearsay garbage which I sure reporters could not wait to flash in the newspapers. Unfotutnately when you are married to royalty, one is immediately in the public eye. If there was actual hardcore evidence like photographs of Mike misbehaving then it would be a different story. A lot of times women do deliberately "throw" themselves at celebrities in order to see what type of reaction will transpire.
As he is the captain of England it doesn't matter to whom he is married - he would have had the same headlines anyway.

Whether he did anything - who cares (besides Zara). I wouldn't be surprised to see more of these sorts of things over the next 5 or so weeks - in order to upset one of the more fancied teams.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:39 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Zara Phillips' husband Mike Tindall kisses and flirts with blonde in nightclub | Mail Online

I wonder what all the fuss is about. He is a rugby player, what else can I say. Zara knew exactly whom she married, and she is no shrinking violet, either.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I wonder what all the fuss is about. He is a rugby player, what else can I say. Zara knew exactly whom she married, and she is no shrinking violet, either.

He's a rugby player?
What kind of excuse is that?
I don't see his occupation as an excuse for bad behavior.

He's married now, and he should remember that.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:44 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
He's a rugby player?
What kind of excuse is that?
I don't see his occupation as an excuse for bad behavior.

He's married now, and he should remember that.
He is a typical english sportsstar like footballers, cricketers etc who all have had their share of excess that only by accident became public. Hard sports, tough guys, party animals, women, booze etc, there is a long tradition, what happens in the team stays in the team, its a lifestyle Zara will be very familiar with.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Here's a longer video - it shows them holding hands and leaving the bar together.

Video of New Zealand pub encounter a royal pain for Mike Tindall | Herald Sun

I understand what you're getting at Duke of Marmalade. A lot of sports wives have a whatever happens on the road, stays on the road attitude. As long as it remains unseen they can live with it. Although, some of the wives do decide to leave once the cheating becomes public - Cheryl Cole and Eva Longoria come to mind.

I will say this though, even if Zara is okay with this type of lifestyle, I think it's stupid of Mike to do it. He's not just some football player, he's also now a member of the royal family. Hanging out and having a good time is fine. Hugging and holding hands with some woman is not. His actions reflect on more than just him now.

ETA: It looks like that site took down the longer video and put up a shorter clip.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Commoner

Now a source is saying that the woman seen with Mike is an old friend
Tindall kiss woman 'an old friend' - UK, Local & National - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

It certainly does not look like how you normally treat an old friend to me...
Old 09-16-2011, 01:52 PM
Administrator

Here's the deal...at least as I see it.

Mike and Zara appear to know who they have married in regards to dedication to their relationship as well as their sport. They appear genuinely happy.

Although Mike has dated Zara for a good bit and was used to the press attention because of his sports as well as his relationship with Zara ----- its a different game now that he has married her. He is an extended member of the British Royal Family and as such people are going to try to catch him doing something that is not right and he is going to have to deal with a lot MORE attention. That being said, if this is just a friend or whatever ......don't give them anything to work with.

Continue your somewhat normal routine but be careful of your actions...they can always be misconstrued even when you have the best intentions and the press is watching you. So don't give them anything to work with. Hopefully he has learned something from this.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Aristocracy

Zara's having a bad time of it between that "RILF" Tatler cover and her hubby getting caught by the press like that.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
He is a typical english sportsstar like footballers, cricketers etc who all have had their share of excess that only by accident became public. Hard sports, tough guys, party animals, women, booze etc, there is a long tradition, what happens in the team stays in the team, its a lifestyle Zara will be very familiar with.
So lets get this correct, It's OK for a newly married man or any married man to kiss other women.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
That is still the current common thought in France about sportsstars. The only problem is a former captain of our national rugby team has been given a 14 years jail sentence (he is on probation) for having murdered his wife while being drunk. He used to be severely drunk and violent when he was drunk. His former club protected him a lot, and his behaviour was often characterized as the typical rugbyman excess. And he shot his wife, his children's mother, dead.
So, no, this is a not a lifestyle to be excused and sportsmen with problems should be helped and not excused by their employers.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Aristocracy

Oh dear, after seeing the longer video it is worse than I thought. I hope that the gutter press doesn't keep on with this and ruin their marriage before it has really even started.
No new bride (or even old married woman) would like to see this.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat View Post
ruin their marriage before it has really even started.
Ruin there marriage? After what these two have been through, this story is nothing. It's being blown out of proportion because Mike's the Captain of the England squad and happens to be married to the granddaughter of the Queen.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Courtier

There's really no excuse for this; rugby or no rugby, there is no reason for him to be so close to a woman that something like this can even be misinterpreted. No business at all; he can party in his hotel room and he can party in the hotel bars, not at all where there are a dozen or so women who want to 'play' games and wiht a man they know who is married.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Doesn't look good and isn't respectful towards Zara or their marriage. They're still newlyweds. I gave him the benefit of the doubt until I saw the video.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barton View Post
So lets get this correct, It's OK for a newly married man or any married man to kiss other women.

Depends on a lot of things.

I have a number of married male friends. I kiss them. They and I know there is nothing in the relationship other than being friends.

Are we doing something wrong - no.

Mike is a public figure in his position as acting captain of England (the real captain has been injured for some time but is returning this weekend against Georgia and Mike isn't playing).

Having seen the video I don't think there is much wrong at all. Having been to many rugby do's over the years it is the sort of thing that happens every night after a game (and often the wives of the other players play up to their non-husbands as well). A bit of fun, a bit of a laugh and if the reports are true that she is an old friend then no harm at all.

So long as they didn't go further than what is seen I see no problem.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:10 AM
Royal Highness

Disappointing rather than ruinous is how I see it. Typical night after a game/old friends aside, he is recently married to the grandaughter of the Queen & an England Rugby player, & this means he is in the public eye even in relatively private situations. Incidentally a true old friend wouldn't behave in this way either.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:37 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barton View Post
I didnt say that. What I said is basically that you better make your bed because you will have to lay in it when getting married to somebody with the background of Mike Tindall. And Zara will have done it.
The only annoyance is when these things get public, as in this case.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:07 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Ruin there marriage? After what these two have been through, this story is nothing. It's being blown out of proportion because Mike's the Captain of the England squad and happens to be married to the granddaughter of the Queen.
Sorry I have missed something, "after what these two have been through"
Could you tell me more about this, what have they been through?
Newspapers have managed to cause break ups and strife with stories like this before, Stephanie of Monaco and Sarah come to mind, but we can only hope that Zara is not too hurt by this, it seems a bit soon after the big royal wedding to be just brushed off casually, but I sincerely hope it can.