The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-02-2011, 05:26 AM
Aristocracy

I can't believe that he and his team were out drinking when they were in the middle of world cup. I don't follow rugby. I follow Aussie rules ( and my team just won the grandfinal by the way )and there is no way any AFL team would drink during the season. It must be different for rugby and not good for marriages and families

Old 10-02-2011, 05:40 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Most tough guy sports teams do it. Cricketers (Sharne Warne does ring a bell?) or Footballers, Aussie footballers are as much into drink and drugs as others, maybe not as a team but as individuals.

Old 10-02-2011, 05:45 AM
Aristocracy

Well if drinking and cheating is tough good for you and as you don't live here what do you know and you are very very wrong. Goodness there is so many nasty people on this forum I don't need to waste time with people like you
Old 10-02-2011, 06:34 AM
Courtier

Tindall admits he told lies over drunken night with blonde: Shamed England star now faces fresh questions from Zara | Mail Online

Zara I am sure, will continue putting up with his bad behaviour .... her personality seems such, that a perfect gentleman would be boring for her!
Old 10-02-2011, 07:45 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Very excellent mature post!
The post/poster might be mature, but Mike Tindall's behaviour ressembles someone who is fresh to the public eye. Can he seriously have thought his behaviour, however innocently intentioned would have gone unreported at home , particularly during the World Cup? This latest report (albeit the scandal loving Mail) just shows the way these things will rumble on. As a trained athelete, he knows all about self discipline, but at a time when he needed it most it would appear this deserted him. I actually feel sorry for the couple because the media will scrutinise their behaviour over the next few years remorselessly.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:11 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady74 View Post
as you don't live here what do you know and you are very very wrong.
You don't have to live somewhere to know the country or what the people are like.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady74 View Post
Well if drinking and cheating is tough good for you and as you don't live here what do you know and you are very very wrong. Goodness there is so many nasty people on this forum I don't need to waste time with people like you
Then why do you respond to my post - but thanks for your kind words anyway I am sure you have lived in all countries whose royals you have been commenting on so far.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:33 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Jessica Palmer: Blonde who kissed Mike Tindall WAS old flame of rugby star | Mail Online
Old 10-04-2011, 03:22 PM
Heir Apparent

In my mind, this somehow makes it worse.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Really, it actually clears it up for me.

Since the scene is so grainy (and if I have missed a clearer copy please let me know), Mike is greeting an old friend. I have been known to hug old boyfriends, with a kiss on the cheek. Or am I missing something from the video?

Now if he didn't tell Zara that this girl was someone he had dated in the past...that might be an issue. More of...why didn't you tell who it was and what she meant to you. But I reckon that Zara doesn't care at all.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:37 PM
Heir Apparent

To me, it depends on the eye-witness accounts of those who claim to have seen things that weren't caught on camera. If they're telling the truth, there was more happened than what was caught on camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Really, it actually clears it up for me.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:51 PM
Administrator

IMO the main issue is not the actual crime (its not an actual crime) its the coverup.

First of all it goes without saying that Mike should have not allowed himself to be caught in a potentially embarrassing situation. As I said before, he needs to understand that he is now a public figure. He was a public figure before --- but married to the Queen's granddaughter. Don't put yourself in situations that can be misconstrued.

Instead of coming up with half a story -- probably because he thought it was no one's business and it would die down. Just come out and say, Mike was greeting an old friend. He kissed her on her cheek. Nothing more nothing less. By appearing to come out with information piece by piece (or having the information dragged out from them) they actually kept the story alive (although to be honest the Daily Mail isn't letting this one go although most of their readership is like MOVE ON).

As for allegations that more was going on --- well I have to see that to believe it. Especially if the source is the DM or any other British tabloid.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Heir Apparent

That's the thing. By letting the info come out in drops, they've lost control of the story to the DM. Mike should have "owned" the story when it first came out rather than explaining it away as further details. I've got a very bad feeling about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Instead of coming up with half a story -- probably because he thought it was no one's business and it would die down. Just come out and say, Mike was greeting an old friend. He kissed her on her cheek. Nothing more nothing less.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:10 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Zara Phillips has heart to heart with Jessica Palmer who kissed Mike Tindall | Mail Online
Old 10-05-2011, 06:15 AM
Aristocracy

Mike Tindall's mystery blonde Jessica Palmer 'goes into hiding' - Telegraph
Old 10-06-2011, 02:54 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Jessica Palmer at Mike Tindall and Zara Phillips' royal wedding | Mail Online
Old 10-06-2011, 03:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
You don't have to live somewhere to know the country or what the people are like.
Actually, I think you do. Otherwise all you know is what you see on TV as "news" or read the really good tourist stuff or really bad tabloid stuff.

Either way you do not know the country or what the people are like. How could you? You've never been there and met them!
Old 10-06-2011, 04:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Actually, I think you do. Otherwise all you know is what you see on TV as "news" or read the really good tourist stuff or really bad tabloid stuff.

Either way you do not know the country or what the people are like. How could you? You've never been there and met them!
All matter of opinion, I said you didn't have to live somewhere to know the country or the people. A person can visit the same country numerous times perhaps on an annual summer holiday thereby getting to know the country and what the people are like. They're not living there though.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Courtier

This whole situation--true or not--is just super humiliating for Zara. :(
Old 10-08-2011, 04:43 AM
Aristocracy

I think she would have known he was a party boy but to have it in the media must be hard for her. I can see her mum giving him a stern talking to and one of those looks she does so well