The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-18-2011, 04:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that the story sounds worse now that "witnesses" have come forward. If people saw and heard Mike doing these things, it sounds like more than harmless joshing with an old friend. Maybe he should cut back a bit on his drinking. I know that would be hard to do given the crowd he's with, but it might be best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Yes, the stories can be hurtful- BUT.

Are they true?
If so, then don't blame the messenger.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:13 PM
Courtier

What a shame! The marriage truly looks like a love match, yet he seems to be harassing that woman, then walking off arm in arm. Wonder what happened next?

I would not like to be MT when next he sees his mother-in-law. His nose won't be the only thing she recommends that he have fixed.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:29 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

He might even get a nose job for free.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:55 AM
Aristocracy

Is Mike Tindall in hot water over CCTV footage? | Royal Insight
Old 09-20-2011, 09:04 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Mike Tindall video: Janine Jefferis says she's not the mystery blonde on CCTV | Mail Online
Old 09-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Tindall side-steps issue | Rugby World Cup News | Sky Sports
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rug...b-scandal.html
Old 09-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Zara married an English rugby player ...what did she expect??? I remain not surprised but disappointed for her poor choice he looked extremely uncomfortable at the interview yesterday and well he should. Bad form and he was caught....what could be worse.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:16 PM
Heir Apparent

People do see to get worked up pretty easily. Mike was caught having a bit of fun with a woman who is apparently a family friend. Even married people are allowed to have fun aren't they or are they supposed to be attached at the hip to their spouse at all times? Can't see any reason for him to explain anything to the general public. It not as if there was a sex tape showing them in bed together.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Heir Apparent

To my mind, it depends on whether what the witnesses said was in fact what happened. That's what's really damaging. IMO Joshing around with an old friend doesn't include a man putting his hand down her pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Mike was caught having a bit of fun with a woman who is apparently a family friend. Even married people are allowed to have fun aren't they or are they supposed to be attached at the hip to their spouse at all times?
Old 09-26-2011, 02:12 PM
Courtier

I'm sure the 2nd video will be released, the bar owner is just waiting for someone to meet his price. I mean, why go promoting the fact that you have this tape if you don't want to sell it? Apparently, it's worse than the first one.

I don't see how they will make it if that comes out and it lives up to that promise. It's just sad that he isn't acting like a grown-up who married into an extremely power family that *really* does not need this drama...it's the 90s all over again.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
Zara married an English rugby player ...what did she expect???
I'm confused - Are English rugby players known for fooling around with other women whilst married? Last time I checked it was the footballers who were having their cake and eating it too.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

The strange thing is that I don't remember much of this activity before he was married, although there was a rather wild stag party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
I don't see how they will make it if that comes out and it lives up to that promise. It's just sad that he isn't acting like a grown-up who married into an extremely power family that *really* does not need this drama...it's the 90s all over again.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I'm confused - Are English rugby players known for fooling around with other women whilst married? Last time I checked it was the footballers who were having their cake and eating it too.
Whilst football players certainly have a reputation for 'having their cake' etc as you so cleverly and delicately put it, Zonk, Rubgy players have a reputation for getting extremely drunk - and I do mean EXTREMELY drunk - and then behaving very badly as a result. Sometimes this is known as 'high spirits' or 'just being one of the lads', but there are often tales of some quite 'beyond acceptable' behaviour at even the top-end rugby clubs.

There have been some horrendous tales of 'initiation ceremonies' over the years - young lads dying of alcoholic poisoning etc when encouraged to try to down whole bottles of spirits etc - obviously that sort of extreme behaviour is the exception rather than the rule - but I know also of some clubs and pubs even going so far as to ban rugby players, apparently on the grounds that they are likely to 'cause' or 'get into trouble'. This ranges from rowdy drunkeness, to fights, to 'women trouble', the latter also usually felt to be inappropriate because it can lead to fights.

Hard to know what is really happening with Mike Tindall. I don't condone his behaviour for one moment, but he won't be the first professional rugby player this year to have done this sort of thing. I repeat, I do not find this acceptable, but it does happen. What I do find a bit hard to stomach is that Mike Tindall must surely realise that being married to the grandaughter of probably the most famous Monarch in the world does mean that you are going to lose a lot of your 'anonymity', and he must surely realise that this means a high profile and the sad fact that people and press will easily spot you if you are 'up to no good'.

Perhaps we have someone here who is familar with the antics of British rugby players generally who can comment on what I have said above?

Thanks

Alex
Old 09-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarist View Post
Whilst football players certainly have a reputation for 'having their cake' etc as you so cleverly and delicately put it, Zonk, Rubgy players have a reputation for getting extremely drunk - and I do mean EXTREMELY drunk - and then behaving very badly as a result. Sometimes this is known as 'high spirits' or 'just being one of the lads', but there are often tales of some quite 'beyond acceptable' behaviour at even the top-end rugby clubs.

There have been some horrendous tales of 'initiation ceremonies' over the years - young lads dying of alcoholic poisoning etc when encouraged to try to down whole bottles of spirits etc - obviously that sort of extreme behaviour is the exception rather than the rule - but I know also of some clubs and pubs even going so far as to ban rugby players, apparently on the grounds that they are likely to 'cause' or 'get into trouble'. This ranges from rowdy drunkeness, to fights, to 'women trouble', the latter also usually felt to be inappropriate because it can lead to fights.

Hard to know what is really happening with Mike Tindall. I don't condone his behaviour for one moment, but he won't be the first professional rugby player this year to have done this sort of thing. I repeat, I do not find this acceptable, but it does happen. What I do find a bit hard to stomach is that Mike Tindall must surely realise that being married to the grandaughter of probably the most famous Monarch in the world does mean that you are going to lose a lot of your 'anonymity', and he must surely realise that this means a high profile and the sad fact that people and press will easily spot you if you are 'up to no good'.

Perhaps we have someone here who is familar with the antics of British rugby players generally who can comment on what I have said above?

Thanks

Alex
A point, i'm Lumutqueen? Not Zonk. Although, I would love to have the knowledge.

I know rugby players, I know they drink. A lot. But so far, i've not seen one in the situation Mike is/was currently in. And certainly not the situations the footballers have been in recently. John Terry, Wayne Rooney, Ashley Cole etc, have eaten a lot more cake than they should have.

Rugby Players have a reputation, if you don't deal with them face to face of being thugs and 'rough'uns' so pubs and clubs are wary of them to begin with, but after a few drinks anyone is capable of causing trouble - rugby players just scare more due to their size possibly.

Your comment about not knowing what Mike is doing, this may interest you.

Quote:
The root of the problem is that modern professional rugby players cannot quite decide how they want to be perceived. Do they want to be showbiz celebrities, living the high life, marrying into the royal family and enjoying all the financial trappings, at a significant cost to their anonymity? Or do they want to carry on in time-honoured fashion: working hard and playing harder, confident in the knowledge that whatever goes on on tour stays on tour and that 90% of the country still think Lawrence Dallaglio is captain of England? Doing both, in this era of smartphones and dim athletes, is increasingly unrealistic. We are not talking here, to be clear, about the odd quiet drink but serious late-night revelry. You do not have to be recently married into royalty to become public property when you are captaining England at a World Cup in New Zealand.
The long and short of it: England rugby and dwarf-throwing do not mix | Robert Kitson | Sport | The Guardian
Old 09-26-2011, 06:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
The strange thing is that I don't remember much of this activity before he was married, although there was a rather wild stag party.
I think the press kept their distance until this relationship was declared "official" by the engagement and wedding. Mike is a minor celeb in his own right, so it was a relationship that was always going to cause some headlines unlike Autumn and Peter. And I'm sure Zara knew about certain transgressions during the boyfriend/girlfriend phase, but not all since the press wasn't keeping an eye.

His last big blowout should've been the stag party. After that, he should've got his act together and realized that all eyes would be on him. That's what makes his behavior so bizarre. There's nothing more the media likes then sex scandals involving the royals.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:58 PM
Heir Apparent

The question is: can Mike stop drinking when he starts? Or does he feel compelled to keep it up until he's in such a state that he loses control of his behaviour? If there'll be more of this, I'll suspect the latter.

Quote:
His last big blowout should've been the stag party. After that, he should've got his act together and realized that all eyes would be on him. That's what makes his behavior so bizarre. There's nothing more the media likes then sex scandals involving the royals.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:00 AM
Majesty

Quote:
And they also love sex scandals involving sports stars - particularly those holding the position of captain of the national team - now couple the two and Mike had no hope.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Gentry

I tend to believe this incident was just an innocent flirting caught on camera- due to a combination of too much alcohol and very bad judgment.

Talk about a jolt of reality about the world Mr. Tindell now lives in. He now has to behave as if no matter where he is or what he does- assume cameras are lurking in the background. Hopefully it is a lesson learned.

I am disappointed that this kind of press comes out after such a beautiful happy wedding. I hope he has learned his lesson and that he and Zara can get past this and carry on with a very happy marriage.

Men sometimes need a lightning bolt- I guess Mike got one. I think the press will eventually give him a pass on this one- but never again. Consider himself warned.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalWatcher76
I tend to believe this incident was just an innocent flirting caught on camera- due to a combination of too much alcohol and very bad judgment.

Talk about a jolt of reality about the world Mr. Tindell now lives in. He now has to behave as if no matter where he is or what he does- assume cameras are lurking in the background. Hopefully it is a lesson learned.

I am disappointed that this kind of press comes out after such a beautiful happy wedding. I hope he has learned his lesson and that he and Zara can get past this and carry on with a very happy marriage.

Men sometimes need a lightning bolt- I guess Mike got one. I think the press will eventually give him a pass on this one- but never again. Consider himself warned.
Very excellent mature post!
Old 10-02-2011, 05:00 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

How embarrassing can it get?
Tindall admits he told lies over drunken night with blonde: Shamed England star now faces fresh questions from Zara | Mail Online