It's a Girl for Zara and Mike - Lena Elizabeth Tindall: June 18, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mabel is shockingly in the top 100, though just barely, at 92. Moved way up in the past few years. Only in the UK, generally it doesn't even come close.

I don't think they will stray too far from the top 20 names honestly. Maybe top 30-40 but don't see 92.

Violet may be old fashioned but it is number 16. Other floral names in top 20 are Rose (15) and Hazel (17). Ivy, Lila, Chloe make top 50. Hazel even if top 20 I don't think they will go that retro. Like Mabel, screams old lady.

I rather like Mabel but it’s true it might not be quite their style. I’m getting anxious! I hope the name comes out soon . Maybe are still deciding. One my relatives took about two weeks to name their daughter.

I rather like Mabel but it’s true it might not be quite their style. I’m getting anxious! I hope the name comes out soon . Maybe are still deciding. One my relatives took about two weeks to name their daughter.

How much time do you have to register a birth in the US; and what about the UK?

In the Netherlands it is 'within 3 days'; if a weekend or official holidays are included it will be extended to a maximum of 2 'work days'. So waiting for 2 weeks would be impossible.

In the Netherlands it is 'within 3 days'; if a weekend or official holidays are included it will be extended to a maximum of 2 'work days'. So waiting for 2 weeks would be impossible.

All births in England, Wales and Northern Ireland must be registered within 42 days of the child being born. You should do this at the local register office for the area where the baby was born or at the hospital before the mother leaves. The hospital will tell you if you can register the birth there.

https://www.gov.uk/register-birth

It's 4 weeks in Croatia, btw.

It can be up to a year. I do think it may depend on the state though.

Maybe they're going to copy the Danes and make everyone wait until the little one is christened! :lol: I must say I am feeling Ava more and more, probably wrongly.

I am thinking it will be a short name like Mia not more than five letters.

It's a Girl for Zara and Mike: June 18, 2018

My brother was born 10 weeks premature and my parents had decided on a girl’s name (Chloe) but not a boy’s name. 2 days after he was born, my mom went down to the office of the registrar at the hospital (in a wheelchair; she’d had a non-emergency unplanned C-section) and registered the birth; they’d decided to name him Matthew; we call him Matt for short. Now he’s 6’1 and 22 years old.

Wow, such long periods. I mistakenly assumed that 'our norm' was rather normal. Maybe up to a week but apparently the Dutch are extremely tight in their schedule. Which to me makes a lot of sense as registration of birth seems important for lots of things especially health care services and related issues such as vaccinations, insurances etc.

How do other organizations go about those things if a child doesn't officially exist?

I think the name Freya would be lovely with Mia.

Anyone has a Twitter account? Ask Mike!

Savannah, Isla, Mia.... I am curious to see if they’ll follow the pattern of ending with an a/ah that we’ve seen for Princess Anne’s grandchildren. (And daughter, Zara) Maybe Anna?

Probably just as likely that they won’t but it’s fun to speculate.

Wow, such long periods. I mistakenly assumed that 'our norm' was rather normal. Maybe up to a week but apparently the Dutch are extremely tight in their schedule. Which to me makes a lot of sense as registration of birth seems important for lots of things especially health care services and related issues such as vaccinations, insurances etc.

How do other organizations go about those things if a child doesn't officially exist?

I would think most of the time it doesn’t take that long but it’s a good point you make.

I think most people get it over and done with within the first two weeks following the child's birth. I do remember reading though that the Earl of Strathmore delayed registering the Queen Mother's birth for many weeks because of the cricket season!

If this is true, it's a lovely name, and goes well with Mia.

Yes it is pretty and it fits their style both the first name and choosing a classic middle name.

I like it....I had an Aunt Lena!

LaRae

I have to say I don't like it as much as I do Mia. It goes well with Tindall though, and Lena Elizabeth does sound lovely. I wonder whether it's a family name on the Tindall side? I hope we see this little family of four together soon.

I like it....I had an Aunt Lena!

LaRae

Hey, so did I! All of my aunts had what I consider(ed) to be old lady names, and now they’re making a comeback, even Ophelia.

Palmer confirmed it as well. I assume it has been a press release. Cute name. I have a feeling we will see at least one more Elizabeth with a royal baby.

Here all my grandchildren [and back even in my day] the hospital in which delivery took place has you sign birth registration and files it with proper Board of Health. All were accomplished prior to leaving hospital. I thought that was the norm all over. We are sent the "pretty hospital certificate with child's foot print on mother's thumb print on it and then B of H sends official with municipal seal. If you want another, you can send to your state board and get another copy for a nice cost.

Hey, so did I! All of my aunts had what I consider(ed) to be old lady names, and now they’re making a comeback, even Ophelia.

I would LOVE to see Portia used.....

LaRae

Lena/Layna. Nice name but I've never understood making a pronunciation so far away from the spelling. :huh: Means the individual will be endlessly 'explaining' their name, correcting others regarding spelling and pronunciation.

The baby Lena Elizabeth Tindall name is pronounced, “Lay-na”-
Zara and Mike Tindall reveal baby daughter’s name - ITV News

Is that the standard British pronunciation of "Lena" ? I have never heard that particular pronunciation in the US. In fact, there is a popular character now appearing on the US TV show "Supergirl" (Lena Luthor, Lex Luthor's half sister), whose name is pronounced in the standard American way.

Sorry for the comparison. I suspect there aren't that many DC comics fans on royal forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom