It's a Girl for Zara and Mike - Lena Elizabeth Tindall: June 18, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiffany is a good name the baby.

I don't see them name their baby Tiffany. I think they go for another clear and short name, maybe with a touch of tradition but not too much.
Emma. Or Julie. Or something with Z (although there are not many options for names with z)

Zoe, Zelda, Zephyr, Zita, Zena... but Im not sure if they'd use another Z name.. they might want to use Zara as her second name
I don't think that Tiffany is very likely....

:previous: Technically Kate is Princess William, Duchess of Cambridge. Simply she is never called that because they use her title instead. Unfortunately for Prince Michael's wife, he has no title, so she has been Princess Michael for decades.

Its pretty standard etiquette in most countries for the last few decades that a married woman be referred to by her own first name. The days of Mr John Smith's wife being Mrs John Smith are considered antiquated not proper by most people. My parents have been married for 45 years, if someone called my mother Mrs William... she'd not respond. She joined his family, she didn't give up her identity.

Traditions really differ between countries. In Latin American countries (and Spain and probably Portugal as well) married women keep their full name after marriage and might decide to add their husband's paternal last name as a third last name by adding 'de [paternal last name husband]'.

In some countries (Britain included) women traditionally completely gave up their (last) name. In the US it is not uncommon to see women adopt their husband's surname and adopt their maiden name as their middle name and in doing so giving up their original middle name. In the Netherlands last names would be hyphenated with 'last name husband - maiden name wife'. In for example Canada they seem to do the same but in the oppossite order.

The Scandinavian countries (or st least their courts) seem to follow the British practice.

Traditions really differ between countries. In Latin American countries (and Spain and probably Portugal as well) married women keep their full name after marriage and might decide to add their husband's paternal last name as a third last name by adding 'de [paternal last name husband]'.

I don't know the practice in other Latin American countries,but, in Brazil, married women keep only their paternal family name followed by their husband's last name. The maternal family name is usually dropped. If they divorce, they normally revert back to their full maiden name.

I don't see them name their baby Tiffany. I think they go for another clear and short name, maybe with a touch of tradition but not too much.
Emma. Or Julie. Or something with Z (although there are not many options for names with z)

I really like Emma! :flowers: I also really like Ava, Ella and Lily that were mentioned in this thread before. Very cute names.

I'd add Olivia, Chloe and Sienna on the list for possible names and I'd add Sophia for second name. Little Mia gets grace, This little one gets wisdom. :D

Its not a very common practice to hyphenate in Canada. Majority of women either take their husband's name OR they keep their Maiden name. Some couples choose to Both hyphenate their name, or at least for their kids.

My point being the idea that if Rose Adams married James Smith, she would now be Mrs James Smith is out dated. Even in 'polite' society in Canada, Rose would be Mrs Rose Smith, Ms Rose Adams, Mrs Rose Smith-Adams, Mrs Rose Adams-Smith......but not Mrs James Smith. And its not some 'new trendy thing'. Been that way for decades.

You are joining a family. That is why you take your husband's Family name. You aren't joining your husband's body, so you don't take his personal name. Your husband's first name is not his title. Its not like The wife of the Duke taking the title Duchess. A first name is not a title. Mr/Mrs/Miss/Dr these are titles.

In some countries (Britain included) women traditionally completely gave up their (last) name. In the US it is not uncommon to see women adopt their husband's surname and adopt their maiden name as their middle name and in doing so giving up their original middle name. In the Netherlands last names would be hyphenated with 'last name husband - maiden name wife'. In for example Canada they seem to do the same but in the oppossite order.

The Scandinavian countries (or st least their courts) seem to follow the British practice.
It is true that women in Portugal never give up their maiden names, and if they marry and decide to have their husband's family name, it adds to the women's full name. But I disagree with (de), women just add their husband's family name, they don't put "de" unless the husband's name already has "de". As for tradition, I think it wasn't mandatory, but on my mom's time, it was common to accept the husband's family name. Even today, most of the women I know that married, they choose to add their husband's family name to their's. Also, third last name...where did you get this info? There is no one that will have two names and then add the husband's family name to make it three (unless the mother and father share the same family name; I had a friend who was called Ana Beatriz Viegas only, if their parents went just with one given name, she would have 2 names; but this is rare). Everyone in Portugal has the mother's family name and father's family name, that makes three names, so if marry and add the husband's name, it will become fourth (my mom had 5 names originally, now she has 6 name after she was married. I have 4 now, if I get married and choose to use my husdand's name, I'll have 5 names in total).

Last edited:
Its not a very common practice to hyphenate in Canada. Majority of women either take their husband's name OR they keep their Maiden name. Some couples choose to Both hyphenate their name, or at least for their kids.

My point being the idea that if Rose Adams married James Smith, she would now be Mrs James Smith is out dated. Even in 'polite' society in Canada, Rose would be Mrs Rose Smith, Ms Rose Adams, Mrs Rose Smith-Adams, Mrs Rose Adams-Smith......but not Mrs James Smith. And its not some 'new trendy thing'. Been that way for decades.

You are joining a family. That is why you take your husband's Family name. You aren't joining your husband's body, so you don't take his personal name. Your husband's first name is not his title. Its not like The wife of the Duke taking the title Duchess. A first name is not a title. Mr/Mrs/Miss/Dr these are titles.
well it isn't that way in the RF.. Kate is Princess William, not Princess Catherine...

Throwing my hat into the ring for a name guess. I just heard it on TV and thought it would be a good name for Zara and Mike's new baby girl. Sierra.

That's my guess and I'm sticking with it. Maybe Zara and Mike are at home watching the same show. :D

Maybe Serena ...or maybe a M name..

LaRae

My name guesses

Zoe/ Zoey ( Zoey is the more common spelling in the U.S.)
Sadie
Fern
Lily
Eden
Joy
Ivy
Isobel

Combinations
Lily Rose - I agree it sounds good
Joy Elizabeth
Sadie Joy
Fern Lily
Eden Rose
Isobel Iris
Ivy Rose

The little one has turned one week today and we still don't know her name?

Every time I see this thread pop up among the "recent discussions", I hope it's because a name has been announced :D

I could imagine them going for something like Olive, Ivy, Poppy or Thea. And I think Rose as a middle name is a pretty good guess. Philippa would be perfect considering how Mike's dad and Zara's grandfather are both Philip and Zara's maiden name is Phillips, but I don't know that I think it's their style.

I thought about Olive too. I wasn’t sure they would choose it but it’s cute and trendy.

I find Ivy Lilly lovely. Ivy Lilly Tindall. Sounds melodic.

I really hope we will know her name before her second cousin's christening;)

I hope so . I know we will find out this isn’t like it is sometimes when a well known person prefers not to reveal the name ( which I can understand but I am curious!)

After all, she is a great-grandchild of a reigning monarch.

Well it would be difficult for it not to get out but it doesn’t seem to be something that would an issue with them.

I keep looking for an announcement on her name! Several times a day!

Was Mia's name ever officially announced or did Mike just tweet it out ?

Mike tweeted it.

It took about a week for us to be given William's name in 1982 and something similar for James'. We weren't ever officially told Savannah's. The minister at Sandringham let it slip in the prayers at church a week or so after she had been born.

I had another thought about a possible name for Mia’s sister. Mabel. I know it’s kind of vintage but has some popularity, not wildly but moderate.

Violet would also be pretty or did already say that?

Given the delay in any information at all other than a confirmation of the baby's birth, I think we're clearly looking at them selling an interview and pictures to a publication. If I recall they did something similar after Mia's birth.

Given the delay in any information at all other than a confirmation of the baby's birth, I think we're clearly looking at them selling an interview and pictures to a publication. If I recall they did something similar after Mia's birth.

Mia was born on the 17th, her name was released on the 23rd by her father.

Mia, Zara and Mike were featured in March 3rd edition of Hello almost 2 months after her birth.

I had another thought about a possible name for Mia’s sister. Mabel. I know it’s kind of vintage but has some popularity, not wildly but moderate.

Violet would also be pretty or did already say that?

Mabel and Violet are kind of "Old lady" names at present..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom