The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Heir Apparent

"Eye-la" is the correct pronunciation.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Nobility

Congratulations to the couple and family. I was hoping for a boy (the only of the 3 royal babies I was rooting for a boy), but Savannah having a sister is cute too. I hope we see photos soon.

I am surprised we knew the name so quickly. It was never announced with Savannah, just the minister let it slip, and we still don't know her middle name. I assume she has one, it is common, and if her sister has one I'd think she does. Also it doesn't seem family tradition on either side not to.

Nice tribute to the queen in her jubilee year. Nice link to Scottish roots (queen mum). Isla is Scottish, and comes from the island of Islay, which is called the queen of the hebrides.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Spletnik -Queen Elisabeth II's second great-granddaughter
Old 04-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Born the second great-granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth II of England, Elizabeth Island, daughter of Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly
Nace la segunda bisnieta de la reina Isabel II de Inglaterra, Isla Elizabeth, hija de Pete | Realeza | Noticias hola.com

Google Google Translate
Old 04-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^
A case of Google translate going bad, LOL, Elizabeth Island Phillips, LOL, LOL.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Congratulations to the couple and family. I was hoping for a boy (the only of the 3 royal babies I was rooting for a boy), but Savannah having a sister is cute too. I hope we see photos soon.

I am surprised we knew the name so quickly. It was never announced with Savannah, just the minister let it slip, and we still don't know her middle name. I assume she has one, it is common, and if her sister has one I'd think she does. Also it doesn't seem family tradition on either side not to.

Nice tribute to the queen in her jubilee year. Nice link to Scottish roots (queen mum). Isla is Scottish, and comes from the island of Islay, which is called the queen of the hebrides.

Wikipedia says their first daughter was named Savannah Anne Kathleen
Old 04-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

They list this website as the source though, Who's Who members of the Royal Family. Hardly reliable, it doesn't list Isla yet but Anne Kathleen makes sense. Wiki was last updated on April 12th.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine62 View Post
Wikipedia says their first daughter was named Savannah Anne Kathleen

Not a fan of trendy names!
Old 04-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Royal Highness

I think that Savannah Anne Kathleen is a really nice name, it has a ring to it.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:30 AM
Royal Highness

Both Anne and Kathleen are after Savannah grandmothers, nice touch IMO.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

we have to wait three months to see the little baby kike with savannah??? or may be in the jubilee celebrations or a family group photo with the rest of the royal family?
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 04-28-2012, 03:35 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

If we see her at all, it will probably be in the summer.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:52 AM
Courtier

I think its a very beautiful name
Old 06-07-2012, 09:42 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
What an unusual and beautiful name.
Isla is currently a very fashionable name here.

The statistics for names given to girl babies in England & Wales in 2010 (the most recent available) put it at no. 22. So it's hardly unusual. It has always been quite popular in Scotland.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Isla Elizabeth Philips was christened today;
Zara Phillips takes time out from packed Olympic training schedule for niece's christening with husband Mike Tindall | Mail Online
Old 07-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Isla wasn't wearing the traditional family gown. The image of Peter kissing Isla is beautiful. Fathers and their daughters... :)
Old 07-01-2012, 03:14 PM
Courtier

Was QEII and the Duke of Edinburgh in attendance? Do we know who acted as godparents or shall we assume Zara and Mike?
Old 07-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Was QEII and the Duke of Edinburgh in attendance? Do we know who acted as godparents or shall we assume Zara and Mike?
I imagine there would have been pictures of them, and we won't know who the godparents are that information won't be released.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

wow! hay she don't use the traditional grown???? savannah used it
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 07-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Royal Highness

I wonder if she did wear the traditional dress and then maybe they took it off after before leaving. It's a shame they didn't pose outside church. I seem to remember that after Savannah's christening they stepped out for a picture.