Godparents for Autumn and Peter's Baby

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But then if you have 3 sons that all have 1 son, you'll have 3 grandchildren carryng the same name! Can you imagine what a caos at family reunions? :ROFLMAO:

It is (or was) something like that in the Netherlands where my family comes from. My mom has the same name as one of her cousins and my uncle has the same name as one of his cousins. I believe they're born in the same year, too, and they were in the same class at school and had the same last name! They ended up using their father's first names as initials to distinguish them from each other :lol:

His parents are titled. The child's father is a Prince, he just chooses not to claim it.

Peter's father is not titled. His title of Captain is based on his military career. Peter's mother is HRH The Princess Royal, and titles don't pass thru the female line. As both Anne and Mark declined an Earldom or any other title at their wedding, Peter is Mr. Peter Phillips and thus his children will not have any title.

His parents are titled. The child's father is a Prince, he just chooses not to claim it.

In the BRF Princes are only the sons and male line grandsons of a monarch:

Charles, Prince of Wales
William of Wales
Harry of Wales
Andrew, Duke of York
Edward, Earl of Wessex
James of Wessex (not using the title at request of parents and with permission of the monarch)
Richard, Duke of Gloucester
Edward, Duke of Kent
Michael of Kent

Philip is an exception as he was created a Prince by the Queen in 1957 - 10 years after their marriage and 5 years after she became Queen but he had been born a Prince in his own right.

Princesses do not pass on titles to their husbands or their children thus Princess Elizabeth - the present Queen couldn't pass on a title to her children without new Letters Patent being issued just before Charles' birth - otherwise he would have been born Lord Charles Mountbatten, Earl of Merioneth (as a courtesy title - and he could still use that today as the heir to the Dukedom of Edinburgh) - through his father's title.

Margaret also couldn't pass on a title to her children so her husband was created Earl Snowdon so that her children would be born as Lord David Armstrong-Jones, Lord Linley as a courtesy as the heir to the Earldom and Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones.

Anne and Mark chose not to have Mark given a title and so their children were born plain Master Peter Philips (now as an adult Mr Peter Philips) and Miss Zara Philips. They have no titles and are not entitled to any titles. As Anne says 'My children are not royal. They just have the Queen for a grandmother'.

In the next generation only William and Harry can pass on the title Prince/Princess (and in the current reign only William to his eldest son).

Beatrice, Eugenie and Louise (who like her brother doesn't use the HRH Princess title) hold that title because their descent from the monarch is male line - like the present Dukes of Gloucester and Kent, Prince Michael of Kent and Princess Alexandra - these four are male line grandchildren of George V. None of their children will be HRH Prince/Princess (unless something happens to William and Harry before they have a legitimate child in which case Beatrice would become the eventual heir).

her family is Catholic, how could they be God parents?

The child will be raised protestant and there is no bar on having a Roman Catholic godparent - just on being a Roman Catholic or marrying a Roman Catholic.

The child will be raised protestant and there is no bar on having a Roman Catholic godparent - just on being a Roman Catholic or marrying a Roman Catholic.

Along the same lines, the Prince of Wales is godfather to Camilla and Andrew Parker-Bowles oldest son Tom who I believe was raised in the Catholic faith. I believe the godparents just have to make the promise that they will oversee and make sure the child is raised in the faith their parents wished them to be.

Along the same lines, the Prince of Wales is godfather to Camilla and Andrew Parker-Bowles oldest son Tom who I believe was raised in the Catholic faith. I believe the godparents just have to make the promise that they will oversee and make sure the child is raised in the faith their parents wished them to be.

Exactly. My godchildren are both Roman Catholic but I am CoE.

I would be surprised if Zara and William weren't asked...

I would be glad to see Kate and William

Maybe Mike now that he and Zara are engaged. Zara is a definite in my book with William as a close second.

Exactly. My godchildren are both Roman Catholic but I am CoE.

as long as you are christend/baptized into your own denomination ie roman catholic or CoE, it does not matter what type of church you go to or what church the child will be brought up in.

as long as you are christend/baptized into your own denomination ie roman catholic or CoE, it does not matter what type of church you go to or what church the child will be brought up in.

For this child to be in the line of succession he/she will have to be raised and confirmed in any religion besides Roman Catholic. As both the parents are now members of the CoE the child will surely be raised within that church.

Godparents:
Prince William
Christopher Kelly
Zara Phillips
Queen Elizabeth II
a Kelly family friend

Zara, William, Harry
Chris Kelly or someone else from Autumn's family

Godparents:
Prince William
Christopher Kelly
Zara Phillips
Queen Elizabeth II
a Kelly family friend

I doubt if the Queen would be god-mother to her great-grandchild.

The Queen is seriously religious and would probably see the position of godparent as one that involves being involved somewhat in the child's life for the first 14-15 years at least.

Now we may all think that the Queen will live that long, and so might she, but she knows that there is a chance that as she gets older that she will be less able to carry out the duties of godparent and thus I doubt that she would take on that role now.

Does anyone else think that the child may have already been born but that no announcement has been made yet for some reason?

Iluvbertie said:
Does anyone else think that the child may have already been born but that no announcement has been made yet for some reason?

I was wondering that too

:previous: Me too! It could be possible, IMO.

It could explain why Anne,Tim and Zara weren't at the Christmas Day celebrations?Hmmmm.

I guess it could be but I have a hard time beliving the could keep it secret for more than a day or two.

I guess it could be but I have a hard time beliving the could keep it secret for more than a day or two.

Agreed but if the child was born on Christmas Day I could easily see them waiting until the 'holiday' period is over before announcing and thus keeping that little secret just for themselves to enjoy over the Christmas period.

It could explain why Anne,Tim and Zara weren't at the Christmas Day celebrations?Hmmmm.

Unless the child was already at home and able to go to Sandringham I wouldn't have expected to see any of them at Sandringham while there was a chance the baby could be born, particularly given the weather in England at the moment.

But it's not Anne, nor Zara, (less Tim:ROFLMAO:) who is on the point on giving birth; it's Autumn. On Nobless et Royautes it was written that Princess Royal spent the Eve with her daughter & her fiance.

But it's not Anne, nor Zara, (less Tim:ROFLMAO:) who is on the point on giving birth; it's Autumn. On Nobless et Royautes it was written that Princess Royal spent the Eve with her daughter & her fiance.

As they all live in Gloucestershire I could imagine that they would get together somewhere on the day but most importantly, they were close to each other for when the baby is born - rather than have Peter and Autumn at Gatcombe and the rest of them across the country (sort of) in Norfolk. With the weather in the UK at the moment that is also important.

Zara Phillips
Chris Kelly
Prince William

The music room-Buckingham Palace or St George's Chapel-Windsor Castle or The Queen's Chapel at St James Palace between February-March or May 2011.

I think Princess Anne will be one of the godparents:)

I think maybe Prince Harry,Prince William,Zara Phillips or Lady Rose Gilman,either Lady Gabriella Windsor

Godparents:
- Prince William
- Zara Phillips
- Chris Kelly
- a friend of Autumn

I'm pretty sure, that the grandparents or even greatgrandparents will not become godparents. People older than 50 years (like Anne e.g.) are rarely chosen as godparent - just my experience among protestant families. I don't know the reasons.

I believe the little girl is baptised in St. George's Chapel (Windsor) between 15. February and 15. March 2011.

Last edited:
I do not yet think about godparents for this baby girl. I only hope and worry about the child's name! For instance, I hope that the child is called something sensible like Patricia Anne and nothing like Zara or Columbus!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom