The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 12-31-2010, 04:10 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 207
Are either Beatrice or Eugenie godparents to any child out there yet? I could see one of them getting asked if they aren't ones already. Then again I've no idea how close or not close the Phillips are to the Yorks...
__________________

  #62  
Old 12-31-2010, 05:07 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,032
It hasn't been announced that they are godmothers.
__________________

__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #63  
Old 12-31-2010, 06:34 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossop7 View Post
Are either Beatrice or Eugenie godparents to any child out there yet? I could see one of them getting asked if they aren't ones already. Then again I've no idea how close or not close the Phillips are to the Yorks...
Well anything is possible.

Eugenie did give a reading at Peter and Autumn's wedding.
__________________
.

  #64  
Old 01-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Monterey, United States
Posts: 2,323
Prince William Catherine Middleton Zara and Mike The Queen and Prince Philip
  #65  
Old 01-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Mia_mae's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SP, Brazil
Posts: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan D View Post
I do not yet think about godparents for this baby girl. I only hope and worry about the child's name! For instance, I hope that the child is called something sensible like Patricia Anne and nothing like Zara or Columbus!!
and what about Savannah ?
__________________
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
  #66  
Old 01-03-2011, 03:23 PM
queenofcelts's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kiev, Ukraine
Posts: 543
I think prince William definately and Zara. How many Godparents should be? 4?
  #67  
Old 01-03-2011, 03:57 PM
MRSJ's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: ******, United States
Posts: 1,863
Is it possible she'll gave no godparents? Please excuse me if I am off base, I don't know much about religion...
  #68  
Old 01-04-2011, 02:12 AM
CharlotteAmalia's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: in the south of Germany, Germany
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Is it possible she'll gave no godparents? Please excuse me if I am off base, I don't know much about religion...
I think it is not possible to be christened without godparents. If the parents didn't ask anybody to be godparent, then the priest will choose anybody (e.g. from the elders/church counsel).
  #69  
Old 01-05-2011, 03:51 AM
hilal's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 1,429
Zara & Mike
  #70  
Old 01-05-2011, 07:11 AM
Duchess's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: xx, Canada
Posts: 1,649
has the name been announced yet?
__________________
Duchess
  #71  
Old 01-05-2011, 08:32 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
has the name been announced yet?
Savannah Phillips.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #72  
Old 01-08-2011, 07:42 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 4,930
Zara & Twin brother of Autumn.
Definitely not William: he doesn't deserve such a distinction, after he disregarded the wedding of her parents and chose to go to a friend's wedding, causing unpleasantness to Peter and Kate (for the bridegroom was a brother of William's ex-girlfriend, Jessica Craig).
  #73  
Old 01-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Definitely not William: he doesn't deserve such a distinction, after he disregarded the wedding of her parents and chose to go to a friend's wedding, causing unpleasantness to Peter and Kate (for the bridegroom was a brother of William's ex-girlfriend, Jessica Craig).
How do you know that it has caused unpleasantness?
William was invited to the other wedding, prior to Peters engagement, he would have been just as rude to reject going to the other wedding.
Kate was sent in Williams place, and from the articles I read surrounding the wedding, Autumn and Peter get on well with Kate.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #74  
Old 01-09-2011, 08:24 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 4,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
How do you know that it has caused unpleasantness?
William was invited to the other wedding, prior to Peters engagement, he would have been just as rude to reject going to the other wedding.
Kate was sent in Williams place, and from the articles I read surrounding the wedding, Autumn and Peter get on well with Kate.
The ceremony in a family is more important than that at friends.
As far as I have read, William gained a big minus at British people by his decision.
And as for Kate: Would you feel pleased if your boyfriend went to a ceremony in a family of his ex-girlfriend? I wouldn't.Kate didn't say anything, but I feel that inside her all was boiling with envy.
I would have also feel unpleasant if my first cousin, which I have grown accustomed to, had chosen to go to his/her friend wedding,instead of mine one.
After it became known that the wedding of Peter & Autumn would take place that day, William could have called to his friend-groom-to-be and explain him everything; I am sure that this man would have understood the situation and wouldn't have felt offended.

As for Christening:
William already has one godchild,
Chris Kelly is a closer relative to the little one than William
The little one's family from her mother's side cannot be discriminated; Savannah is also "their" child, not only of the BRF.
  #75  
Old 01-09-2011, 08:43 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
The ceremony in a family is more important than that at friends.
That is up to one's individual opinion and not for anyone else to decide.

Quote:
As far as I have read, William gained a big minus at British people by his decision.
And as for Kate: Would you feel pleased if your boyfriend went to a ceremony in a family of his ex-girlfriend? I wouldn't.Kate didn't say anything, but I feel that inside her all was boiling with envy.
I would have also feel unpleasant if my first cousin, which I have grown accustomed to, had chosen to go to his/her friend wedding,instead of mine one.
So because you wouldn't feel pleased if such a thing would occur, you are certain that Kate wasn't pleased either?

Quote:
After it became known that the wedding of Peter & Autumn would take place that day, William could have called to his friend-groom-to-be and explain him everything; I am sure that this man would have understood the situation and wouldn't have felt offended.
You don't know that, that is all assumption.

Quote:
As for Christening:
William already has one godchild,
Chris Kelly is a closer relative to the little one than William
The little one's family from her mother's side cannot be discriminated; Savannah is also "their" child, not only of the BRF.
So because William already has one godchild he has no right to have another?
And as far as I know Autumn's family has never been and never will be discriminated.

  #76  
Old 01-09-2011, 10:18 AM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,266
Let's stay on topic and cool the speculation about William's relationship with Peter and Autumn Phillips.
__________________
.

  #77  
Old 01-09-2011, 10:55 AM
MRSJ's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: ******, United States
Posts: 1,863
I am all for staying on topic but can I ask real quick, who is Williams godchild?

I think godparents will be Autumns brother and Zara- and if they need 4 maybe also Autumns best friend (who was her maid of honor?) and William (who I have heard is actually close to Phillip)
  #78  
Old 01-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 91
I do not care who the godparents are. With a name, though beautiful, like Savannah, and despite the parents' wedding reception having been at Frogmore Hourse, Baby Phillips is a member of the public and is not royalty and is nothing to do with me.
  #79  
Old 01-09-2011, 11:02 AM
windsorgirl's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
I am all for staying on topic but can I ask real quick, who is Williams godchild?

I think godparents will be Autumns brother and Zara- and if they need 4 maybe also Autumns best friend (who was her maid of honor?) and William (who I have heard is actually close to Phillip)
William's godchild (the one I know about anyway) is Prince Constantine of Greece, the son of Pavlos and Marie-Chantal.
  #80  
Old 01-09-2011, 11:03 AM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
I am all for staying on topic but can I ask real quick, who is Williams godchild?

I think godparents will be Autumns brother and Zara- and if they need 4 maybe also Autumns best friend (who was her maid of honor?) and William (who I have heard is actually close to Phillip)
William is the godfather of Constantine Alexios of Greece and Denmark, eldest son of Crown Prince Pavlos and Crown Princess Marie Chantal of Greece and Denmark.

I think the chances are he could be a godfather to Savannah.
__________________

__________________
.

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Peter and Autumn Phillips and Family Current Events 2: Nov 2005- Martine The Princess Royal and Family 605 06-18-2016 03:47 AM
Autumn Phillips Jewellery PrincessofEurope Royal Jewels 72 03-11-2012 10:03 PM
Name suggestions for Autumn and Peter's baby free2rhyme The Princess Royal and Family 173 01-02-2011 11:12 AM
Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly Engaged: July 30, 2007 suztav The Princess Royal and Family 315 05-17-2008 12:45 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 beatrice borromeo best gown best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria crown princess victoria's maternity fashion current events current events thread danish royal family duchess of cambridge fashion poll felipe vi general news grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe and queen letizia king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander maxima member introduction monarchy national day norwegian royals picture of the week pierre casiraghi prince bernhard prince frederik prince joachim princess beatrice princess eugenie princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess sofia maternity wear princess sofia pregnancy style princess victoria queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen mathilde queen mathildes style queen maxima queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal royal fashion state visit the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge eveningwear the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats the hague willem-alexander


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:39 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises