The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaratop View Post
her family is Catholic, how could they be God parents?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The child will be raised protestant and there is no bar on having a Roman Catholic godparent - just on being a Roman Catholic or marrying a Roman Catholic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Along the same lines, the Prince of Wales is godfather to Camilla and Andrew Parker-Bowles oldest son Tom who I believe was raised in the Catholic faith. I believe the godparents just have to make the promise that they will oversee and make sure the child is raised in the faith their parents wished them to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Exactly. My godchildren are both Roman Catholic but I am CoE.
as long as you are christend/baptized into your own denomination ie roman catholic or CoE, it does not matter what type of church you go to or what church the child will be brought up in.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynecman View Post
as long as you are christend/baptized into your own denomination ie roman catholic or CoE, it does not matter what type of church you go to or what church the child will be brought up in.

For this child to be in the line of succession he/she will have to be raised and confirmed in any religion besides Roman Catholic. As both the parents are now members of the CoE the child will surely be raised within that church.

Old 12-27-2010, 04:09 PM
Nobility

Godparents:
Prince William
Christopher Kelly
Zara Phillips
Queen Elizabeth II
a Kelly family friend
Old 12-27-2010, 04:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Zara, William, Harry
Chris Kelly or someone else from Autumn's family
Old 12-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie2006 View Post
Godparents:
Prince William
Christopher Kelly
Zara Phillips
Queen Elizabeth II
a Kelly family friend
I doubt if the Queen would be god-mother to her great-grandchild.

The Queen is seriously religious and would probably see the position of godparent as one that involves being involved somewhat in the child's life for the first 14-15 years at least.

Now we may all think that the Queen will live that long, and so might she, but she knows that there is a chance that as she gets older that she will be less able to carry out the duties of godparent and thus I doubt that she would take on that role now.

Does anyone else think that the child may have already been born but that no announcement has been made yet for some reason?
Old 12-27-2010, 06:05 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie

Does anyone else think that the child may have already been born but that no announcement has been made yet for some reason?
I was wondering that too
Old 12-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Me too! It could be possible, IMO.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Nobility

It could explain why Anne,Tim and Zara weren't at the Christmas Day celebrations?Hmmmm.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:49 PM
Nobility

I guess it could be but I have a hard time beliving the could keep it secret for more than a day or two.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
I guess it could be but I have a hard time beliving the could keep it secret for more than a day or two.
Agreed but if the child was born on Christmas Day I could easily see them waiting until the 'holiday' period is over before announcing and thus keeping that little secret just for themselves to enjoy over the Christmas period.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichola View Post
It could explain why Anne,Tim and Zara weren't at the Christmas Day celebrations?Hmmmm.

Unless the child was already at home and able to go to Sandringham I wouldn't have expected to see any of them at Sandringham while there was a chance the baby could be born, particularly given the weather in England at the moment.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:27 AM
Courtier

I think a girl in January.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichola View Post
But it's not Anne, nor Zara, (less Tim) who is on the point on giving birth; it's Autumn. On Nobless et Royautes it was written that Princess Royal spent the Eve with her daughter & her fiance.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
But it's not Anne, nor Zara, (less Tim) who is on the point on giving birth; it's Autumn. On Nobless et Royautes it was written that Princess Royal spent the Eve with her daughter & her fiance.

As they all live in Gloucestershire I could imagine that they would get together somewhere on the day but most importantly, they were close to each other for when the baby is born - rather than have Peter and Autumn at Gatcombe and the rest of them across the country (sort of) in Norfolk. With the weather in the UK at the moment that is also important.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:35 PM
Courtier

Zara Phillips
Chris Kelly
Prince William

The music room-Buckingham Palace or St George's Chapel-Windsor Castle or The Queen's Chapel at St James Palace between February-March or May 2011.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:46 AM
Courtier

I think Princess Anne will be one of the godparents
Old 12-31-2010, 10:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think maybe Prince Harry,Prince William,Zara Phillips or Lady Rose Gilman,either Lady Gabriella Windsor
Old 12-31-2010, 12:29 PM
Gentry

Prince William
Zara Phillips
Old 12-31-2010, 01:48 PM
Aristocracy

Godparents:
- Prince William
- Zara Phillips
- Chris Kelly
- a friend of Autumn

I'm pretty sure, that the grandparents or even greatgrandparents will not become godparents. People older than 50 years (like Anne e.g.) are rarely chosen as godparent - just my experience among protestant families. I don't know the reasons.

I believe the little girl is baptised in St. George's Chapel (Windsor) between 15. February and 15. March 2011.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:53 PM
Gentry

I do not yet think about godparents for this baby girl. I only hope and worry about the child's name! For instance, I hope that the child is called something sensible like Patricia Anne and nothing like Zara or Columbus!!