The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-23-2010, 03:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
Do they stick to the old rules of so many god parents of the same sex as the child and fewer of the opposite sex?

I think we'll see William and Zara for sure. Possibly one of the York girls. But I can't see them going hog wild with godparents either. And would they sell the publishing rights to the baptism like they did with their wedding?

The Christening will be a much smaller affair than the wedding probably taking place in BP with just the family and godparents present. I hardly think there will be more than a couple of photos issued if any but as it will be inside the Queen's home and after the furore of the wedding being sold I doubt very much that they would make that mistake again.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:59 AM
Heir Apparent

I do sincerely hope that pictures of the baby or the christening are not sold to a magazine

Old 07-23-2010, 06:09 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

When James was christened, we only saw one picture of him and his parents.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I do sincerely hope that pictures of the baby or the christening are not sold to a magazine
I think Peter and Autumn have learned their lesson the first time around. Even now, articles about Peter and Autumn bring up the whole Hello! magazine spread issue. At best they'll probably release a picture of the christening with the family and godparents.

My guess is that the baby will probably have multiple sets of godparents. I'm assuming that Zara will be one of the godmothers and I think William is also a good guess. As for Autumn's side of the family, one of her brothers will probably be made godfather. I think her twin brother, Chris, is likely in the running. Does anybody know of any close friends of the couple? I'm sure friends will also be honored and not just family.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

I guess the godparents will be:

Zara Philips
Prince William of Wales
Chris Kelly
several friends of its parents
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:47 AM

In my genealogy...the first male child is named after the child's father, the first female child after the child's father... and, the second name is regularly, the family name of the mother ! It would be so easy, if everybody adhered to these 'rules' !!!

In my genealogy, the first male child is named after the fathers father, the first female child after the father's mother; second names usually the mothers maiden name. How easy it would be if everybody adhered to these "rules"!!!
Old 08-23-2010, 05:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conniption View Post
In my genealogy, the first male child is named after the fathers father, the first female child after the father's mother; second names usually the mothers maiden name. How easy it would be if everybody adhered to these "rules"!!!
But then if you have 3 sons that all have 1 son, you'll have 3 grandchildren carryng the same name! Can you imagine what a caos at family reunions?
Old 08-26-2010, 11:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

In the above instance, nicknames are usual. No problem.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe this child will have only two godparents. Nr this child will be titled, nor his/her parents are...

For sure: Zara & Kevin

If more godparents:

Harry, Beatrice, Chris & some friend
Old 08-27-2010, 12:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

His parents are titled. The child's father is a Prince, he just chooses not to claim it.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedea View Post
But then if you have 3 sons that all have 1 son, you'll have 3 grandchildren carryng the same name! Can you imagine what a caos at family reunions?
It is (or was) something like that in the Netherlands where my family comes from. My mom has the same name as one of her cousins and my uncle has the same name as one of his cousins. I believe they're born in the same year, too, and they were in the same class at school and had the same last name! They ended up using their father's first names as initials to distinguish them from each other
Old 08-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
His parents are titled. The child's father is a Prince, he just chooses not to claim it.
Peter's father is not titled. His title of Captain is based on his military career. Peter's mother is HRH The Princess Royal, and titles don't pass thru the female line. As both Anne and Mark declined an Earldom or any other title at their wedding, Peter is Mr. Peter Phillips and thus his children will not have any title.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post

In the BRF Princes are only the sons and male line grandsons of a monarch:

Charles, Prince of Wales
William of Wales
Harry of Wales
Andrew, Duke of York
Edward, Earl of Wessex
James of Wessex (not using the title at request of parents and with permission of the monarch)
Richard, Duke of Gloucester
Edward, Duke of Kent
Michael of Kent

Philip is an exception as he was created a Prince by the Queen in 1957 - 10 years after their marriage and 5 years after she became Queen but he had been born a Prince in his own right.

Princesses do not pass on titles to their husbands or their children thus Princess Elizabeth - the present Queen couldn't pass on a title to her children without new Letters Patent being issued just before Charles' birth - otherwise he would have been born Lord Charles Mountbatten, Earl of Merioneth (as a courtesy title - and he could still use that today as the heir to the Dukedom of Edinburgh) - through his father's title.

Margaret also couldn't pass on a title to her children so her husband was created Earl Snowdon so that her children would be born as Lord David Armstrong-Jones, Lord Linley as a courtesy as the heir to the Earldom and Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones.

Anne and Mark chose not to have Mark given a title and so their children were born plain Master Peter Philips (now as an adult Mr Peter Philips) and Miss Zara Philips. They have no titles and are not entitled to any titles. As Anne says 'My children are not royal. They just have the Queen for a grandmother'.

In the next generation only William and Harry can pass on the title Prince/Princess (and in the current reign only William to his eldest son).

Beatrice, Eugenie and Louise (who like her brother doesn't use the HRH Princess title) hold that title because their descent from the monarch is male line - like the present Dukes of Gloucester and Kent, Prince Michael of Kent and Princess Alexandra - these four are male line grandchildren of George V. None of their children will be HRH Prince/Princess (unless something happens to William and Harry before they have a legitimate child in which case Beatrice would become the eventual heir).
Old 12-24-2010, 12:03 AM
Commoner

her family is Catholic, how could they be God parents?
Old 12-24-2010, 12:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaratop View Post
her family is Catholic, how could they be God parents?

The child will be raised protestant and there is no bar on having a Roman Catholic godparent - just on being a Roman Catholic or marrying a Roman Catholic.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The child will be raised protestant and there is no bar on having a Roman Catholic godparent - just on being a Roman Catholic or marrying a Roman Catholic.
Along the same lines, the Prince of Wales is godfather to Camilla and Andrew Parker-Bowles oldest son Tom who I believe was raised in the Catholic faith. I believe the godparents just have to make the promise that they will oversee and make sure the child is raised in the faith their parents wished them to be.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Along the same lines, the Prince of Wales is godfather to Camilla and Andrew Parker-Bowles oldest son Tom who I believe was raised in the Catholic faith. I believe the godparents just have to make the promise that they will oversee and make sure the child is raised in the faith their parents wished them to be.

Exactly. My godchildren are both Roman Catholic but I am CoE.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:51 AM
Nobility

I would be surprised if Zara and William weren't asked...
Old 12-24-2010, 09:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

I would be glad to see Kate and William
Old 12-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Gentry

Maybe Mike now that he and Zara are engaged. Zara is a definite in my book with William as a close second.