The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Princess Royal and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-22-2010, 06:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan D View Post
I wonder if Mike will get his nose fixed! Wow! He makes Zara look beautiful when they stand side by side.
However, on another note, I wonder what tiara Zara will wear at her wedding and I am very glad that I do not move in royal circles because 2011 is going to be such an expensive year for wedding presents for such grandees.

Until he retires getting his nose 'fixed' probably wouldn't be permanent anyway as the position he plays see players get broken noses quite often.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I know, but he must not be able to breathe properly, especially when playing rugby. I bet he snores like a freight train! Poor Zara.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I know, but he must not be able to breathe properly, especially when playing rugby. I bet he snores like a freight train! Poor Zara.

My brother played rugby for years (not anywhere near at Mike's level of course) and had his nose broken three or four times a season for about 20 years. He had no trouble breathing, nor did he snore until he had his nose fixed. Now his wife regrets talking him into doing it.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:43 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
sndral said that Mike's brother was getting married in August and then suggested July or September. I assumed that that meant the suggestion was for Mike and Zara to marry then.
Thanks Iluvbertie, and if I'd remembered your earlier response to my query about Rugby seasons I wouldn't have suggested Sept. (last minute Christmas shopping drains what little memory I retain.) So if the article I read is correct and Mike's brother is marrying in August and William and Catherine in April, when in the very busy lives of Mike and Zara's equestrian and Rugby commitments plus the other Royal commitments could these two marry?
And by other Royal commitments, I don't mean Mike and Zara, but events that the BRF must attend. Doesn't the Princess Royal do a lot of appearances for the BRF?
Old 12-23-2010, 04:20 AM
Courtier

Congratulations Another Royal wedding on the way

Does anyone know whats the wedding date?
Old 12-23-2010, 04:36 AM
Majesty

It is barely 48 hours since the engagement was announced. I don't expect an announcement about a date for weeks, if not months for these two.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:37 AM
Serene Highness

Wow, another engagement. Who next, I wonder? I can't think of any Royals off the top of my head who seem likely..
Old 12-24-2010, 02:02 AM
Majesty

Zara Phillips and Kate Middleton: Spot the one who was born to rule | Mail Online

A comparison between the appearance and effort put into the engagement announcements of Kate and Zara.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Courtier

Thumbs down

Kate has a manicure that was born to rule. I don’t think it is overstating the case to say that on the strength of her Perfect Peach, all bodes well for the Windsor line.
Contrast this with the raggedy, rough-and-tumble approach of Zara Phillips. In official photographs taken to commemorate her engagement to her very own squoval, the rugby international Mike Tindall, her nails were ragged and rimmed with black. Ugh.

Excuse me?

1. Zara is the granddaughter of the Queen
2. Zara is a hard working woman
3. Mike asked her just few hours ago, so why should she call dozens of Make up artists like Kate?
4. Where is the need to bash Zara? Could it be that the reactions to her engangement were more positive and they had to bash her, so Kate looks better?

Old 12-24-2010, 11:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie
Zara Phillips and Kate Middleton: Spot the one who was born to rule | Mail Online

A comparison between the appearance and effort put into the engagement announcements of Kate and Zara.
Silly article- Zara has no royal duties so of course Williams annoucement would be different....
Old 12-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
4. Where is the need to bash Zara? Could it be that the reactions to her engangement were more positive and they had to bash her, so Kate looks better?

That is so true. I haven't read a really negative comment about Zara and Mike but there are heaps they are anti-Kate and this article it seems is just designed to knock Zara (although it could also be seen as a backhanded complement as it shows her as the hard-working woman who hasn't time to do things like spend an hour getting a manicure whereas Kate had all the time in the world to do so - another swipe at Kate's lack of work ethic perhaps).
Old 12-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
If you look really closely you can see some dirt under them.
I think this is the one time she could've invested in a manicure...nothing fancy...could've at least cleaned them since she would be showing her ring to the press.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looked fine. She is lovely. Kate is lovely, too. There are different expectations from each. I hope they will be happy, both of them.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY View Post
I think this is the one time she could've invested in a manicure...nothing fancy...could've at least cleaned them since she would be showing her ring to the press.
Why - it would have been ruined within hours anyway as soon as she returned to doing her work in the stables?
Old 12-27-2010, 02:14 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
She looked fine. She is lovely. Kate is lovely, too. There are different expectations from each. I hope they will be happy, both of them.

I agree. ridiculous to compare. They are future cousins for crying out loud. Im sure both are happy for each other. Different situations for both as well.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:43 PM
Gentry

Congratulations to the couple! Zara is great, it's great news!
Old 12-28-2010, 11:45 PM
Aristocracy

I think it is generally easier when the girl is the one already in the royal family than the one joining the royal family. So people feel more at ease with her? We pretty much know what kind of girl she is, how she will be, have seen her photos from when she was a baby! I don't get the mad rush of a bunch of royal and princely weddings all of a sudden though.

In the photo closeup of her hand, I was looking at the ring more than her nails I guess. Even when she's dressed more fancy I get the idea she was out working and living life right up to just before she was leaving to go out and maybe doesn't have a lot of interest in getting ready, but more in getting going! Her nails aren't so bad but probably a really good, but natural looking manicure would be a must for her wedding
Old 12-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

An article basically saying that Zara got engaged because William did.
Talbot Church: 'Mini-wedding' sets royal cat among pigeons - Commentators, Opinion - The Independent
Old 12-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Actually, I admire Zara for just being herself, icky nails and all. To me, this is more than an indication as to who she really is. Long live true selves!
Old 12-29-2010, 01:02 PM
Serene Highness

And maybe, just maybe Kate likes to have her nails done once in a while!
Long live true selves!

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.