Engagement of Miss Zara Phillips to Mr Mike Tindall: December 21, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
4. Where is the need to bash Zara? Could it be that the reactions to her engangement were more positive and they had to bash her, so Kate looks better?

That is so true. I haven't read a really negative comment about Zara and Mike but there are heaps they are anti-Kate and this article it seems is just designed to knock Zara (although it could also be seen as a backhanded complement as it shows her as the hard-working woman who hasn't time to do things like spend an hour getting a manicure whereas Kate had all the time in the world to do so - another swipe at Kate's lack of work ethic perhaps).​

If you look really closely you can see some dirt under them.

I think this is the one time she could've invested in a manicure...nothing fancy...could've at least cleaned them since she would be showing her ring to the press.:innocent:

She looked fine. She is lovely. Kate is lovely, too. There are different expectations from each. I hope they will be happy, both of them.

I think this is the one time she could've invested in a manicure...nothing fancy...could've at least cleaned them since she would be showing her ring to the press.:innocent:

Why - it would have been ruined within hours anyway as soon as she returned to doing her work in the stables?

She looked fine. She is lovely. Kate is lovely, too. There are different expectations from each. I hope they will be happy, both of them.

I agree. ridiculous to compare. They are future cousins for crying out loud. Im sure both are happy for each other. Different situations for both as well.

Congratulations to the couple! Zara is great, it's great news!

I think it is generally easier when the girl is the one already in the royal family than the one joining the royal family. So people feel more at ease with her? We pretty much know what kind of girl she is, how she will be, have seen her photos from when she was a baby! I don't get the mad rush of a bunch of royal and princely weddings all of a sudden though.

In the photo closeup of her hand, I was looking at the ring more than her nails I guess. Even when she's dressed more fancy I get the idea she was out working and living life right up to just before she was leaving to go out and maybe doesn't have a lot of interest in getting ready, but more in getting going! Her nails aren't so bad but probably a really good, but natural looking manicure would be a must for her wedding :)

And maybe, just maybe Kate likes to have her nails done once in a while!
Long live true selves!

Ha! Good find Lumutqueen :lol:!

I don't know how much of that all is true, but the line about Princes William and Harry having a yearly discussion about who was compared in the press more to their mother is so funny. It said that William usually won, and Harry was reported to have said he saw William practicing his "Diana" smile! Really funny.

Personally I think when someone in your family has announced they are getting married, you are perceived as trying to steal their thunder by soon after announcing you are too. Maybe William and Zara are very close and both think it's great to get married the same year, maybe not.

I didn't realize Charles and Anne had such a rivalry? Of course they are like regular families all over but added in is the pressure cooker of being royal, the press, etc. I'm sure they shake their heads at things in the press they know are not true but once it's put out there, it's out there.

Zara seems to me bright, mischevious, and a bit droll like her mom, but not delicate or especially worried what most people think which can come across as being crass at times.

I just hope the wedding days won't be too close?

I just hope the wedding days won't be too close?

Due to Mike's rugby commitments they can marry on the 30th April (Gloucester aren't playing that weekend but they do have a game every weekend from now to then - yes I know the day after but that is the way it is) or after mid-May (the finals of the rugby season end mid-May and his team has a chance to make the finals so planning a wedding for earlier than that now wouldn't be possible). June will see Philip's 90th birthday celebrations and Trooping the Colour and Ascot taking up two or three weekends. Zara has Olympic Trials in early July and then Mike has rubgy internationals and World Cup from August throught to October, with the new rugby season starting in October/November. His coach may even want the team in a training camp in July.

I think they will have a very low-key wedding with little pre-annoucement to fit it it next year or a long engagement with a wedding after the Olympics in 2012.

"trying to steal their thunder" do you really think another wedding can steal the thunder of the heir to the throne ???

"trying to steal their thunder" do you really think another wedding can steal the thunder of the heir to the throne ???

Well no other wedding happened in 1981 or 2005 so no - no one stole the thunder of the heir to the British throne on the two occasions he married although the Pope's death and funeral overshadowed his second marriage.

The heirs to the Danish and Spanish thrones married a week about and didn't overshadow each other and they were the actual heirs not the 2nd in line who probably has 30 or so years until he becomes King ahead of him (hopefully longer).

I suspect they will marry after William and Kate, in a relatively small wedding. It may quite possibly be at St George's, I just hope there is no media deal to accompany the wedding celebrations.

It's speculation atm, not official announcement has been made on the date or place.

Why does it mean she will have a large wedding?

I was just reading the information from the Canongate Kirk website about weddings and found the following information interesting: Please note that photographs are only permitted before and after the ceremony, and during the signing of the register.

I was just reading the information from the Canongate Kirk website about weddings and found the following information interesting: Please note that photographs are only permitted before and after the ceremony, and during the signing of the register.

I believe this is quite common in many churches to retain a more solemn and reverent atmosphere during church services. I expect that Zara and Mike will not allow the media into the church and we will have to simply make do with photos taken outside of their arrival and departure.

I believe this is quite common in many churches to retain a more solemn and reverent atmosphere during church services. I expect that Zara and Mike will not allow the media into the church and we will have to simply make do with photos taken outside of their arrival and departure.

I totally agree - no filming inside the church but maybe some of the arrival and leaving and that will be it. That was all we got with Peter and Zara is lower in the order of succession than Peter (and even lower now since Savannah's birth).

I suspect the only other one of the Queen's grandchildren where we will see the entire service will by Harry's. Even Beatrice and Eugenie will only be arrival and leaving I suspect.

I agre with your thoughts somewhat.

I guess it matters on Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie. If they wait until they are the age of their cousins, and Beatrice (for example) marries in 6 years...there might be more interest in her wedding. A royal wedding is a royal wedding and they don't happen every day. Depending of course, on when Harry marries, if the Queen is still alive, etc.

Hi Rominet! Well, William is not the "heir to the throne" he is the son of the heir to the throne. But that aside personally yes I think announcing you are getting married just after someone else in your family did could be seen as trying to steal their thunder. As I wrote above Zara and William may have talked this over and like the idea, I don't know. William's wedding is not that far off and Zara's been with her boyfriend for years so could she have waited until after April to announce it sure she could have.

I like Zara from what little I know about her yet it's not something I would do. Doesn't everyone getting married want to feel they are special not just another on a long list of weddings, whether royal or not?

In fact I found it odd that William got engaged the same year as Prince Albert of Monaco, a Princely, not Royal family, I know, but still. All these people have waited around for ages then suddenly all catch wedding fever, and don't want to be left out, or something? Of course will never know for sure unless Zara or William publicly comment on it which they are not likely to do. I just know how I would feel.

Why should Albert or William care if the other is getting married in the same year.

And because William is getting married in 2011, Zara can't get married in 2011? This makes no sense. Each has different roles in the BRF and the British public. Not many people think that Zara is trying to steal William's thunder. Its a rather silly claim IMO since the scope of the weddings will be vastly different. Nontheless, Zara will have a beautiful wedding day with her beloved family in attendance and the British public will get a picture or two.

Why should Albert or William care if the other is getting married in the same year.

And because William is getting married in 2011, Zara can't get married in 2011? This makes no sense. Each has different roles in the BRF and the British public. Not many people think that Zara is trying to steal William's thunder. Its a rather silly claim IMO since the scope of the weddings will be vastly different. Nontheless, Zara will have a beautiful wedding day with her beloved family in attendance and the British public will get a picture or two.

Wow....

If you read back I am responding to an article which someone else posted on this thread that makes that suggestion and I was commenting on that.

I am not making the "silly" claim as you put it (thanks for that). I am saying we could not know unless William or Zara publicly commented on it. Unlikely, yet it was what was said in the article.

As I said from what I have seen and read I like Zara, I am sure she will have a wonderful wedding. It just seems to me that it was close on the heels of William and I personally would have waited to show respect for their day.

Wow....

If you read back I am responding to an article which someone else posted on this thread that makes that suggestion and I was commenting on that.

I am not making the "silly" claim as you put it (thanks for that). I am saying we could not know unless William or Zara publicly commented on it. Unlikely, yet it was what was said in the article.

As I said from what I have seen and read I like Zara, I am sure she will have a wonderful wedding. It just seems to me that it was close on the heels of William and I personally would have waited to show respect for their day.

Dave Clarke might pop the question and Princess Beatrice could be a 2011 bride as well.

Hi Ada! Ha! I was starting to get worried that Prince Harry would catch the fever :eek: that might be a little too much! I don't really know about Beatrice's boyfriend I will have to read up on them but I hope if he does propose they wait until after Zara is married to announce.

Dave Clarke might pop the question and Princess Beatrice could be a 2011 bride as well.

They might but I do think that at 22 and yet to finish uni Beatrice does need to grow up a bit more first.

Maybe a 2013 wedding for Beatrice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom