Engagement of Miss Zara Phillips to Mr Mike Tindall: December 21, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This news took me by surprise. Congrats to the couple and well done with the ring!

Oh I do love the photos of their engagement! The ring is lovely and I absolutely LOVE their regency townhouse!!!!! I really admire Zara and Mike because they are so busy with their individual professions and balance this with a strong relationship.

Zara said it was a surprise and I believe it given the state of her nails - can you imagine the criticisms if Catherine's nails had looked like that in her photos? I don't know enough about Rugby seasons to have a clue when they could have a break to marry especially given Zara's equestrian career's demands. They seem well suited to each other.

Zara said it was a surprise and I believe it given the state of her nails - can you imagine the criticisms if Catherine's nails had looked like that in her photos? I don't know enough about Rugby seasons to have a clue when they could have a break to marry especially given Zara's equestrian career's demands. They seem well suited to each other.

Rugby is normally played in winter but due to the world wide nature of the sport the World Cup is usually played between the end of the southern hemisphere season and the start of the northern hemisphere season - thus normally September, October, November.

In a normal year Mike would finish his club season early May and then havce a tour to somewhere in the southern hemisphere for international matches before resting about August/September before starting his own club season again and also having southern hemisphere teams tour the northern hemisphere. However in a World Cup year the window is much smaller as the normal resting months are shortened to allow for preparation for and competition in the World Cup. Assuming Mike is still intending on playing (and I see no reason at this point that he wouldn't) at the international level he will have a very busy year next year.

If you look really closely you can see some dirt under them.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a comment in an article published today about Harry, Eugenie and Beatrice clubbing.
The comment is

How can there be 2 royal weddings when Zara keeps reminding people she has no royal title?
- Daisy, Fenland, 22/12/2010 10:13

She does have a point.

Zara isn't a royal herself but she is a member of the royal family.

i think they make a really lovely couple, and the ring is drop dead gorgeous (much better than a certain sapphire).
Now Zara and Mike will be able to sit together at Prince William's wedding.
I think Zara, as a bride, will look stunning, and I bet she wears the fringe tiara her mother and grandmother wore.

Lovely news.
I hope that they will be very happy. :)

One article I read quoted Mike's mother as saying his brother, Ian, was getting married in August, so July or Sept.?

I think it very good news, too. I admire Zara and her hard work and her many successes and wish both of them everything that's good and happy for their future.

Unlike most, I'm not too rapt in the engagement ring, but obviously she and Mike like it which is all that really matters. Mine is almost identical to Diana/Kate's though not as large and certainly nowhere as expensive (!) and it's always irked me that people assume that it's a copy, whereas I had mine first!

These recent engagements and marriages are doing a great deal of good for the Royal Family, I feel. It's refreshing to see press coverage concentrating on their wholesome and normal family concerns, interests and pre-occupations rather than ugly rumours and beat-ups.

The hard working and entirely admirable Princess Royal must be feeling very pleased and happy, too.

Congratulations to all of Zara's family.

One article I read quoted Mike's mother as saying his brother, Ian, was getting married in August, so July or Sept.?

No way September - at this point Mike would be planning on being in New Zealand with the English Rugby team for the Rugby World Cup.

Early July will see Zara presumably competing in the 3-Day Eventing Olympic Trials.

Late July us possible but the honeymoon would be delayed until late October as Mike has rugby commitments (assuming he is selected and I see no reason that he won't ber) for the English squad as they have tests in the lead up to the world cup throughout August and then the World Cup itself from early September to mid-October.

I think sndral meant that Mikes brother was possible getting married next year?

I wonder if Mike will get his nose fixed! Wow! He makes Zara look beautiful when they stand side by side.
However, on another note, I wonder what tiara Zara will wear at her wedding and I am very glad that I do not move in royal circles because 2011 is going to be such an expensive year for wedding presents for such grandees.

Why should he get his nose fixed just because he's getting married?
You don't think Zara's pretty then?

I think sndral meant that Mikes brother was possible getting married next year?

sndral said that Mike's brother was getting married in August and then suggested July or September. I assumed that that meant the suggestion was for Mike and Zara to marry then.

I wonder if Mike will get his nose fixed! Wow! He makes Zara look beautiful when they stand side by side.
However, on another note, I wonder what tiara Zara will wear at her wedding and I am very glad that I do not move in royal circles because 2011 is going to be such an expensive year for wedding presents for such grandees.

Until he retires getting his nose 'fixed' probably wouldn't be permanent anyway as the position he plays see players get broken noses quite often.

I know, but he must not be able to breathe properly, especially when playing rugby. I bet he snores like a freight train! Poor Zara.

I know, but he must not be able to breathe properly, especially when playing rugby. I bet he snores like a freight train! Poor Zara.

My brother played rugby for years (not anywhere near at Mike's level of course) and had his nose broken three or four times a season for about 20 years. He had no trouble breathing, nor did he snore until he had his nose fixed. Now his wife regrets talking him into doing it.

sndral said that Mike's brother was getting married in August and then suggested July or September. I assumed that that meant the suggestion was for Mike and Zara to marry then.

Thanks Iluvbertie, and if I'd remembered your earlier response to my query about Rugby seasons I wouldn't have suggested Sept. (last minute Christmas shopping drains what little memory I retain.) So if the article I read is correct and Mike's brother is marrying in August and William and Catherine in April, when in the very busy lives of Mike and Zara's equestrian and Rugby commitments plus the other Royal commitments could these two marry?
And by other Royal commitments, I don't mean Mike and Zara, but events that the BRF must attend. Doesn't the Princess Royal do a lot of appearances for the BRF?

Last edited:
Congratulations :fireworks: Another Royal wedding on the way

Does anyone know whats the wedding date?

It is barely 48 hours since the engagement was announced. I don't expect an announcement about a date for weeks, if not months for these two.

Wow, another engagement. Who next, I wonder? I can't think of any Royals off the top of my head who seem likely..

Kate has a manicure that was born to rule. I don’t think it is overstating the case to say that on the strength of her Perfect Peach, all bodes well for the Windsor line.
Contrast this with the raggedy, rough-and-tumble approach of Zara Phillips. In official photographs taken to commemorate her engagement to her very own squoval, the rugby international Mike Tindall, her nails were ragged and rimmed with black. Ugh.

Excuse me?

1. Zara is the granddaughter of the Queen
2. Zara is a hard working woman
3. Mike asked her just few hours ago, so why should she call dozens of Make up artists like Kate?
4. Where is the need to bash Zara? Could it be that the reactions to her engangement were more positive and they had to bash her, so Kate looks better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom