Captain Mark Phillips and Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iowabelle

Royal Highness , Royal Blogger, TRF Author
City
Des Moines
Country
United States
Does anyone know what's up with Bunny Tonkin, Mark Phillips' illegitimate daughter (born 1984)?

I have never heard anything about her at least in the last 10 yrs. I read something a little while ago, but I can't remember where exactly. That back in the early 90's Mark Phillips "paid off" her mother so to speak and that her paternity was revealed and the she really was his daughter. Other than that I have read nothing else.

wasnt there a big thing about her , when Zara had a year in OZ a few years ago about weather Zara would see her or somthing ????

This is something completely new to me!!!!
Did Mark Philips have an affair while he was married to Princes Anne & father another child??????
Holy smokes! Anne must have been furious! If so this is when you would wish it was more the medival times. She could have simply said "Off with his head!"

Yes, they were still married when Bunny was conceived.

I was looking through some old magazines (packrat that I am) and found some mention of this.

Bunny's mother was also an equestrian; I think that's how she met Mark Phillips. I think Bunny's mother was living in New Zealand at the time, and he must have travelled out there.

I too have been looking into books and magazines . It was Bunny's mother who asked for her paternity to be finally straightened out. Mark Phillips actually stated that the money was for "equestrian services". This I think was the finally blow to his and Princess Anne's marriage. Whether or not Peter or Zara have ever met her, I have never read anything about it. Both of them did spend their gap years in Australia.

Mark and Anne's marriage had already fallen apart by the time this happened. There are rumours about one of Anne's police protection officers actually being Zara's dad, and that would have occurred in 1980, so this wasn't the beginning of the end.

While searching the net for royal family pics I came across these ones of Felicity (Bunny) Tonkin. She's Mark Phillips illigetimate daughter. The pics are of her when she was younger and her as a teenager and one with her and her mother Heather Tonkin. ( photos from rexfeatures posted from my photobucket)

314972hfelicity.jpg

314972gfelicity2.jpg

228433cfelicity4.jpg

228433bfelicity5.jpg

She's a pretty girl. I think if Mark Phillips was any kind of a man he'd try to have a relationship with her instead of ignoring her existence (if this is what he's doing). The mother didn't get pregnant on her own did she?

How old would she be now?

Ok well I just answered my own question. She was born in 1985. Where does the name Bunny come from since her real name is Felicity Tonkin?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea Bunny is cute name when you're a little girl but a bit silly as a woman. I guess it's just a nickname.

lol bunny?! fliss has never been called that in her life! she's 21 now and studying at uni, and yes she is gorgeous!

It was quite a popular name for men in the 1920s too.

My cousin Grace was nicknamed Bunny when she ws little because she was born on Easter Sunday. They stopped calling her that when she approached her teens though.

jellicoe said:
lol bunny?! fliss has never been called that in her life! she's 21 now and studying at uni, and yes she is gorgeous!

Hmmm. Sounds like you have some inside knowledge. If I pounce over the ditch and tickle you, will you tell? :ROFLMAO:

Capt. Mark Phillips

whatever happened to Capt. Mark Phillips after the divorce. last i saw him was Lady Davina Windsor's wedding. Why was he there? I hope Princess Anne was not offended

If I remember right, I think Captain Phillips is a godfather to Lady Davina.

Mark Phillips and his family live in premises on Princess Anne's property, Gatcombe Park, as do Zara and her boyfriend. Mark coaches Zara, and I think his wife, Sandy, might coach her too. I get the impression Princess Anne gets on well with Mark and his new family.

Princess Anne and Mark Phillips

Does anyone know if Princess Anne is still in contact with her first husband?

principessa said:
Does anyone know if Princess Anne is still in contact with her first husband?

I think that he lives on Gatcombe Farm in his own home there.

Yes, specially when they're both on Zara's competitions.

Mark Phillips lives at Aston Farm on the Gatcombe Park Estate with his wife Sandy and daughter Stephanie. He and Anne are on good terms and see each other on the estate and at horse events.

kelly1972 said:
Mark Phillips lives at Aston Farm on the Gatcombe Park Estate with his wife Sandy and daughter Stephanie. He and Anne are on good terms and see each other on the estate and at horse events.

I've never seen a picture of his wife and daughter. Do Zara and Peter treat their half-sister like a sister or does anyone know if they treat her indifferently?

Surely he must live there only part time if he is the Coach for the US 3 day event team?

scooter said:
Surely he must live there only part time if he is the Coach for the US 3 day event team?

I thought he resided there fulltime as he was to be allowed full access to his children when they were younger, according to what I read as the Queen's wishes. He is also Zara's coach.

I have seen photos of Zara riding with her sister (her sister was little enough to be riding on a pony), but it would probably be hard to assess their relationship from afar. I mean, there's no real reason for the photographers to be chasing the youngster.

iowabelle said:
I have seen photos of Zara riding with her sister (her sister was little enough to be riding on a pony), but it would probably be hard to assess their relationship from afar. I mean, there's no real reason for the photographers to be chasing the youngster.

About how old is this little tyke?

scooter said:
I thought I read at one time that the US team trained in England with Mark Phillips. Mind you that was maybe 5 yrs ago or so.

HRH Kimetha said:
About how old is this little tyke?
I think Stephanie was born in October of 1997, so she will be 10 this year. As for the relationship that Zara has with her sister, I would think that it wouldn't be different that her relationship with her brother. Even though there's a huge age difference Stephanie must look up to her big sister. I have also seen pics of her playing and riding with her little sister.

Last edited by a moderator:
did peter and zara ever meet their half sister?

Does anyone know what's up with Bunny Tonkin, Mark Phillips' illegitimate daughter (born 1984)?

i remember reading about his illegtiament daughter in royal bios during his break up with princess anne. i saw something on tv about it also,and when the story first came out the little girl and her mom were living poorly and mark phillips was denying he was the dad. i wondered if he ever acknoeledged her and help support his daughter,and did peter and zara ever meet their sister?

Back
Top Bottom