Captain Mark Phillips and Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Check the post directly above yours, and you'll find your answer.

I thought I read at one time that the US team trained in England with Mark Phillips. Mind you that was maybe 5 yrs ago or so.

I think Stephanie was born in October of 1997, so she will be 10 this year. As for the relationship that Zara has with her sister, I would think that it wouldn't be different that her relationship with her brother. Even though there's a huge age difference Stephanie must look up to her big sister. I have also seen pics of her playing and riding with her little sister.

I think Zara sees Stephanie a good bit because Sandy and Mark are so involved with her training. Stephanie and Sandy watched Zara compete at Burghley last week. There are pics in Zara's current events thread.

Zara's father criticized

"A failed jump by one of the world’s finest riders and a spate of deaths have unnerved the equestrian community... A target of criticism is the former husband of England’s Princess Anne, Mark Phillips who is coach of the United States Olympic eventing team and designs many competition courses, including the one at the Red Hills Horse Trials, where Mr. Chiacchia’s fall occurred.

Last edited:
will Peter Phillips have "Bunny" at his wedding do you think?

Zara's father criticized

"A failed jump by one of the world’s finest riders and a spate of deaths have unnerved the equestrian community... A target of criticism is the former husband of England’s Princess Anne, Mark Phillips who is coach of the United States Olympic eventing team and designs many competition courses, including the one at the Red Hills Horse Trials, where Mr. Chiacchia’s fall occurred.
In the US, there is a lot of pressure being applied now to make the Xcountry phase safer by making the jumps 'break away' and fall down if a horse hits it, like we have in show jumping. Right now, it's basically telephone poles hard wired into place. Zero margin for error.

As far as the 1/2 sisters being invited to the wedding, regardless of the circumstances of the conception they are still siblings. Surely they will get an invitation? As someone else posted, Princess Anne was having her own affair with her protection officer at the time. He basically came out and admitted it a few years later. He also said that he was the very first person called by Anne after the birth of her very blonde daughter, not her husband. Hmmmmm.

He also said that he was the very first person called by Anne after the birth of her very blonde daughter, not her husband. Hmmmmm.
That's because she didn't have to call him, he was there.

He also said that he was the very first person called by Anne after the birth of her very blonde daughter, not her husband. Hmmmmm.

Please, not the next doubt about paternity in the BRF... Well, in this case it doesn't matter too much, as Anne was the mother so her daughter is the queen's grandchild, no matter who's the father.

Oh no, I quoted this from a book that was about 10 years old. I bought a large lot of older royal books on Ebay ...it was called the Women of Windsor.The book starts with Queen Mary and continues until the death of Diana. So this is not new. I can dig it out and quote it, if that helps. And the specific quote was from Mr Cross, the protection officer in question.

Please, not the next doubt about paternity in the BRF... Well, in this case it doesn't matter too much, as Anne was the mother so her daughter is the queen's grandchild, no matter who's the father.

It's a very OLD rumor, older than the rumor about Hewitt and Harry.

Mark Phillips and his family live in premises on Princess Anne's property, Gatcombe Park, as do Zara and her boyfriend. Mark coaches Zara, and I think his wife, Sandy, might coach her too. I get the impression Princess Anne gets on well with Mark and his new family.

Mark coaches the American team and in an interview Zara said she doesnt see him that often.

As for Anne seeing Mark and getting on well, they are often seen laughing and talking at horse trials and i've read in many articles that princess anne can see him driving from her house so they must bump into each other then also.

I wonder how close he is to his children. Didn't he live in Australia for a while?

I wonder how close he is to his children. Didn't he live in Australia for a while?

I don't remember ever hearing that he lived here but I have heard regularly that he is very close to his children and the very fact that he lives on the Gatcombe estate shows that he also has a positive relationship with Anne.

When you look at it, with the exception of Charles and Diana, the rest of the royal divorcees seem to have been very civilised about it.

I'd certainly say that Anne and Mark were the most civilised of the royal divorcees.

He did a lot of business there, with regards horsey leasons and stuff and may have gone on long trips but i dont believe he ever lived there. :whistling:

As with children, on of the agreements with there divorce that the children could see as much as their parents as they wanted at any time (within reason).

Does Felicity Tonkin look like Zara? here is a picture of some one I was told was her.

Attachments

• this is her, billy neace, get her.jpg
    this is her, billy neace, get her.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 4,565
Haven't heard about Captain Mark Phillips for years. It's good that he gets along with his ex-wife.

Actually they are great friends.
It seems to work better now they are not together.

Actually they are great friends.
It seems to work better now they are not together.

This is another royal marriage that if the press hadn't got involved I think could have made it through its rough patches and lasted.

If the press hadn't let it be known that they had Anne's love letters from or two Tim Laurence then she and Mark would have continued with their lives - through the affairs they both had - and now be content together but the press and the public believe that they have a right to know the 'dirt' of people's private lives and thus the marriage ended officially. The same thing happend, I believe with Sarah and Andrew - a couple who probably didn't really want to separate but had to because the press got hold of some 'dirt' and made it public knowledge and thus forced them apart - Diana's was different as she spilt the 'dirt' herself and thus made any chance of a reconciliation with her husband impossible.

Quick question, some posts in this thread have given me the impression that Mark is aware that he has 2 illegitimate children but that he essentially tries to ignore them and has no part in their life? Is this true; or does he spend time with them?

Quick question, some posts in this thread have given me the impression that Mark is aware that he has 2 illegitimate children but that he essentially tries to ignore them and has no part in their life? Is this true; or does he spend time with them?

I know of the one illegitimate child in NZ but hadn't realised he had another one somewhere. He has no contact with Felicity - but she was the result of a one-night stand and not from some long-term relationship with the mother (not condoning the actions of a one-night stand but understand that there was nothing more between them than a roll in the hay that resulted in a child that he wanted aborted.) He has supported her once it was proven that he was the father - and I don't blame him for wanting proof considering that is was only one night. I mean if the mother would go to bed with him the day they met why couldn't she do the same with other men?

Could you please provide some information on the second illegitimate child?

I know he has three legitimate children - Peter and Zara with Anne and Stephanie from his second marriage.

Last edited:
I think the confusion might be that Felicity is often referred to as Bunny....so perhaps some don't realize that she is one in the same and not two separate people?

Last edited:
Has he made anymore children out of wedlock that he abandons? What a freaking tool!

Fidelity is obviously not one of his strong points, but there is something about him that attracts the ladies and they don't seem to mind that they are having an affair with a married man.
Something that is always revolting, IMO.:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom